good IM programs for me given my scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fifa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be starting the match process pretty soon and was wondering given my credentials below what would be some good programs that I have a chance of matching in given my future interest in cardiology. please comment thanks.

STEP 1: 227
STEP 2: 213 (I hope this doesn't hurt too bad)
GPA: 3.33
Research experience.
Decent clinical clerkship grades. Mostly B's few A's. B in IM rotation.
Masters in Electrical engineering (hoping to use this for research in cards).

Any suggestions to good programs preferrably within the south east region will be really helpful. I'm open to other regions in country as well but prefer those in the south east region. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone have any suggestions as to some good programs?

I'm looking at USC, UNC, UAB, Emory, Univ. FL (gainsville), MCG, Univ. Tennessee.. Any others anyone can think of are good IM programs. Thanks

anyone have any suggestions as to some good programs?

I'm looking at USC, UNC, UAB, Emory, Univ. FL (gainsville), MCG, Univ. Tennessee.. Any others anyone can think of are good IM programs. Thanks

I don't see anything wrong with that list. You might try Duke, Vandy, UVA, and Mayo Jacksonville as well. (I realize that some of these may be more competitive but what the hell - give it a shot). Oh yeah - Tulane, too.