1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Good jobs before M1?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by BigKurz, Feb 23, 2007.

1. BigKurz

BigKurz Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering what fun/interesting jobs people took on before M1. I'd like to do something related to the medical field, but I'm not really sure of my options. I'd LIKE to just continue my job here at school, but alas I'll be going back to IL from NC and will lose that option. I really dont wanna spend 8 weeks mixing paint at Home Depot like i've done for 2 summers...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lulu8

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm in my summer before med school and I work as a Tech for an Ophthalmologist. I like it a lot - pretty interesting work and good experience in terms of patient interaction. I don't know how it would compare to other possible medicine-related jobs though.

3. tulane06

tulane06 Private Joker
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Fluffer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sendwich

sendwich you rock!
    10+ Year Member

dont know about fun (if you like interacting w/ students), i teach at a kaplan-type of place for $20 per hour and do private tutoring for $30/hour. it's a good way to rack up the dough (pay off credit cards and save some).