Aug 10, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello! I'm hitting neurotic premed mode and I just wanted to make sure my list of schools was alright. I'm kind of worried that it's too top heavy since my GPA isn't stellar, and am considering adding in some last minute schools!

NY Resident, ORM, LGBT
cGPA: 3.67, sGPA: 3.65
MCAT: 522

Clinical Volunteering: ~200 hours
- nursing home, ER
Non-clinical Volunteering: ~700 hours
- founded outreach program, organizing educational events, teaching people of various ages
Research: ~2000 hours
- small posters and presentations, honors thesis, currently working as technician
Shadowing: ~50 hours, handful of specialties
Other:
- Fairly intense leadership + diversity experiences

Albert Einstein, BU, Drexel, Emory, Icahn, Johns Hopkins, Keck, NYU, SUNY Downstate, Sidney Kimmel, Tufts, U Maryland, Vanderbilt, Cornell, Case Western, Columbia, Northwestern, UPenn, Rush, Stanford, Stony Brook, UCLA, UCSF, U Chicago, UIC

Reactions: Goro

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
You should receive several interviews from your list. Where is your state of residence?

OP
doopdewoo
Aug 10, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
About the Ads

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hello! I'm hitting neurotic premed mode and I just wanted to make sure my list of schools was alright. I'm kind of worried that it's too top heavy since my GPA isn't stellar, and am considering adding in some last minute schools!

NY Resident, ORM, LGBT

- nursing home, ER
- founded outreach program, organizing educational events, teaching people of various ages
- small posters and presentations, honors thesis, currently working as technician
Other:

Albert Einstein, BU, Drexel, Emory, Icahn, Johns Hopkins, Keck, NYU, SUNY Downstate, Sidney Kimmel, Tufts, U Maryland, Vanderbilt, Cornell, Case Western, Columbia, Northwestern, UPenn, Rush, Stanford, Stony Brook, UCLA, UCSF, U Chicago, UIC
I agree you will likely get interviews, but I would add a few "lower tier" MD just to be safe.

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
If you want to add some "safety" schools apply to Hofstra, SUNY Upstate and SUNY Buffalo.

OP
doopdewoo
Aug 10, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I agree you will likely get interviews, but I would add a few "lower tier" MD just to be safe.
Thank you! Do you think my reach schools are too reach, given my GPA + other stats?

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Thank you! Do you think my reach schools are too reach, given my GPA + other stats?
I think you have a shot everywhere you applied frankly. I would just add a few safeties to prevent having to reapply. I've read tons of posts on here from high stat people who were too too heavy and ultimately weren't accepted anywhere.

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Chill.....it's a great list!!

NY Resident, ORM, LGBT

- nursing home, ER
Other:

About the Ads