1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Good Luck on the MCAT!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BlackPuma, Apr 14, 2004.

1. just wanted to wish you all good luck on the exam tomorrow...

it's a rite of passage and all of u will do fine!

:clap:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I know you mean well and all....but isn't the exam Saturday, not tomorrow?

4. elias514

elias514 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Good luck, y'all! Remember: the MCAT rewards sacrifice and suffering--all your studying will pay off on Saturday (the MCAT deity is a just being) :D

5. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    hey cant blame them for being so excited they want to take it tomorrow... :laugh:

6. priyapriya

priyapriya Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Good Luck!!!! Remember that it's GAME DAY and you're gonna kick some major butt. Oh, and stay away from the turkey during lunch ( :sleep: )

7. bmischen

bmischen word!
    7+ Year Member

eat trail mix and mixed nuts at every break and pee whenever possible! I am always hungry and the nuts really kept me feeling full during the test!
    Good luck! Don't even think about the practice tests you took (unless they were high) because I scored >5 points better on the real deal than any of my practice tests!

8. spaz

spaz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

good luck!

(esp to those of you in my classes ;) )

my advice: be confident in yourself
    as priyapriya said, it's GAME DAY!

<rocky theme song plays>

9. well that's what I meant....im not taking it, so how would i know
    :)

10. Wahooali

Wahooali The Real Sydney Bristow
    7+ Year Member

Thank you so much for the encouragement guys! Goodness knows we stressed out little MCATers need all the encouragement and support we can get right now. Any last minute words of advice for you seasoned veterans out there? ;)

11. Legend123

Legend123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hope you will be rewarded for all your hard work. Now just relax and listen to some good music......Good Luck to you all.

12. Elizabeth1028

Elizabeth1028 busy busy bee
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Good luck all!!! :clap: Remember, stay focused and don't worry about other things during the test. And afterwards, go out and have fun and then get some SLEEP!! :D

13. XCanadianRagwee

XCanadianRagwee Membership Revoked
    Removed

As i was told...

"The MCAT is either the true start of your journey, or the end."

14. duka

duka Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Good luck good luck good luck!
    It's odd-- I still have April 26 engrained in my memory from last year...

15. TripleDegree

TripleDegree Joker Doctor
    10+ Year Member

Do you mind sharing when was the date of the April MCAT last year (2003), and when exactly did you see your results? I am planning on applying on June 1 this year, and would want to know my MCAT scores before I apply.

16. noclouds

noclouds Member
    7+ Year Member

good luck with the MCATs!

try your best, and relax and have fun afterwards~ :clap:

last year's mcat was april 26th, you can go online to access the results around the 2nd or 3rd week of June. then the results come by snail mail about a week after that.

..man, i still recall the longest, teasing, terrifying seconds as the browser slowly loads the text and graphics on the results page....

17. celticmists18

celticmists18 california dreaming
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    BREATHE!

don't study the nighte before, you aren't going to learn anything . . . personally I kicked my family out of the house, made myself some comfort food (dirty rice if my memore serves me right) and watched Patch Adams.

most prep classes tell you to read something in the morning to jog your brain, try a fiction book or something along those lines (gets your brain moving and distracts enough to calm you down).

GOOD LUCK!

18. Spitting Camel

Spitting Camel Anteater for Life!
    7+ Year Member

Don't do anything different than you are used to(food- and drink-wise) except score better. :D It will srew you up. Just go in and say "It's just a diag, it's just a diag!" That will take some of the pressure off... ;)

19. SaltySqueegee

SaltySqueegee El Rey de Salsa
    10+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    Highly recommend doing this. It will warm your brain up, so to speak. Newspaper, magazine, anything, just get your verbal reasoning neurons warmed up. You don't want to fire-em cold and 'cramp' your neurons. ;)

20. kristabel

kristabel Member
    5+ Year Member

The MCAT was April 26, 2003 and I believe that the scores went up on the AAMC website on June 18, 2003. I received my scores in the mail about a week later. Hope that helps and best of luck to all of you!!!

21. CanIMakeIt

CanIMakeIt Fellow
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Thanks for the best wishes ...... I hope the MCAT Gods can pull my VR score just a little bit to 9 and let the other scores be at my 6R level

thanks again ppl

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

22. Rest up, get a good night's sleep before the test. I used to always doubt this, having pulled many all-nighters before final exams during college...but rest is definitely important. This is not an exam you cram for, anyway. 8 hours is a long time!

23. SoulRFlare

SoulRFlare Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Best of Luck everyone! And don't let it rattle you if you feel unsettled or think you did badly after each section-- the MCAT is designed to make you feel this way (especially the verbal section). once you finish a section, forget about it. The most important thing is to remain focused on the present passage/question/essay. I think the MCAT is a stress test as much as a test of knowledge/thinking skills, and if you go in with this in mind, you're certain to rise to the occasion.

24. DrSal

DrSal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wow, i wish i get 5+ higher than my highest practice!!!!! hats off to that person that scored that last april.

Good luck to everyone...i'm sure we'll all do well enough to get into our #1 schools! that's all that matters :thumbup:

25. kiki the alto

kiki the alto Daughter of the 80's
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Good luck on Saturday to all from everyone here at NAU. (I know...where's that? It's in Flagstaff, AZ...one of the many reasons I'm worried about getting in anywhere.) I plan to sleep and bring plenty of Gatorade.

26. XCanadianRagwee

XCanadianRagwee Membership Revoked
    Removed

Eight weeks dude

Eight farking long weeks.

You'll know when the results are out, cuz this board lights up like a Christmas tree.

Oh and us oldies would never play a prank sayign our scores are out three weeks ahead of schedule...never :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

27. umass rower

umass rower Insert clever phrase here
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    BUMP

Good luck to everybody! I want to give a special shout out to fellow rower Cerberus, who I know drops in this forum every now and then. Kick some @$$, dude.

28. Celestron2000

Celestron2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah, get plenty of sleep, don't study the day before, and go in there knowing that you're gonna kick some serious MCAT butt!

Good Luck all! :clap:

29. bmischen

bmischen word!
    7+ Year Member

this may have been mentioned already....dress in layers, so you can add/subtract if you have to......my room started off FREEZING (partly due to the nervous shaking I guess) but then got pretty warm as the day continued...

someone replied to my eating comments not to eat anything unusual...or break up any eating routines...I agree with this 100%..you don't want to eat that super cereal or drink that power drink the day of the test if you are not used to eating/drinking them....

BE CONFIDENT! Know that you are going to kick butt!
    Good luck!