Good luck to you new surgeons out there!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Castro Viejo

Papa Clot Buster
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all you interns hopeful to become surgeons in five to seven years. July 1st is right around the corner!

I'm writing this because I'm procrastinating and tomorrow is the first day of orientation for the fellowship. It's been a rough couple of weeks since finishing off my residency (and that wasn't very cut and dry either)... Hopefully this transition will be much smoother.

Oh, and if any of you are going to be interns on my service, I'm really a nice guy. Don't take the snide remarks too personally. That's just me. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hope you're doing well in your new fellowship, CV! :thumbup:

Good luck to all the new interns!

Oh, and if any of you are going to be interns on my service, I'm really a nice guy. Don't take the snide remarks too personally. That's just me. :)

I'm jealous. I would have been a great intern on your service. My fellows loved me and vascular was my first rotation as an intern. Ah! Such distant memories!;)

You are going to be one awesome fellow and get ready for the ride of your life! I really felt like my feet were firmly planted on the ground from day one and I had a great experience.

Now, I have to worry about making my salary and keeping the lawyers at bay. It's always a bad sign when there are more lawyers in the local phone book than physicians.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I have 1 day left of my fellowship. I just got my privileges, licence and malpractice insurance all arranged and do my first clinic as an attending on July 7 and have my first call on July 14!

Good luck to all you interns hopeful to become surgeons in five to seven years. July 1st is right around the corner!

I'm writing this because I'm procrastinating and tomorrow is the first day of orientation for the fellowship. It's been a rough couple of weeks since finishing off my residency (and that wasn't very cut and dry either)... Hopefully this transition will be much smoother.

Maybe you've already said, or maybe you want to maintain your anonymity, but where in chicago are you and what's your fellowship? I ask because I get a kick out of your posts, and i'm also in chicago (U of C).

Congrats! I have 1 day left of my fellowship. I just got my privileges, licence and malpractice insurance all arranged and do my first clinic as an attending on July 7 and have my first call on July 14!

Congrats to you too. Again, I will bet that your minions are going to enjoy working with you.