Good MCAT DVD Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watsupdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I learn very well with visual material. I was hoping if there are any good materials, perhaps DVDs to help me study for the upcoming MCAT. I am willing to spend if it is worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have comments on the MCAT-prep.com Videos or the Visual Aid DVDs. Is one better than the other?

I've said it before on a couple other threads, but I used the Gold Standard DVDs and I like them. I'm using them with EK and a s**t load of practice tests. hope this helps!

JPAF,
Thanks for your response. I have heard that the Goldent Standard MCAT prep DVDs were a bit simplistic. I have heard that they are also too superficial. Do you find that to be true? I mean, do they cover the scope of the MCAT? How would you compare them to the Kaplan videos?

Members don't see this ad :)
you are right it is simplistic and superficial, but covers the basics. That is why im following with EK and audio osmosis...but from taking the real thing in august I can tell you that you can study as much as you want, the real way to really destroy the test is to out think it. The only way to out think it is practice and more practice...most of the information is given to you in the actual MCAT (even formulas)! so I like the DVDs b/c they don't get too deep into everything and cover a good foundation to work from. hope this helps!

I agree that the GS videos cover the basics. I don't want to sound like I'm overusing verbal reasoning, but I might not call the DVDs simplistic but IMO, I would call them simplified (especially org).

:idea:

... and like it's been said, after your review, you've got to do tons of practice. I would say that practicing is at least as important as the review.