Good MCAT poor writing what happened

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsuhuck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what happened. Got a 36L. No idea where the L came from and I'm kinda freaking out. Could one of my essays not been submitted? any other ideas? I'm really happy with my score but can't figure out how I could have gotten an L. Any help greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Same thing happened to me. Got a 37N... Not really sure how I got the N either. They read them in like 30 seconds, so maybe they just didn't really understand your main point. I would ask your adviser about what to do. The fact that you can write posts coherently like above makes me think you're a decent writer... I've heard it's not a big factor in admissions.

Also, you can have them rescore it, though this can take up to four months, according to the MCAT essentials thing.

31L.

I'm wondering the same thing. Anyone from past application cycles that can shed some light on low writing scores??

I had a very similar experience--35M. I may have my writing section rescored, considering it probably will not dip any lower. I called the AAMC, and they told me I can continue to apply while they are rescoring the writing section. I highly doubt a low writing score will influence a med school's decision. But, because my writing score is low, I am going to make sure my personal statement is flawless.

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.