Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm not quite sure what happened. Got a 36L. No idea where the L came from and I'm kinda freaking out. Could one of my essays not been submitted? any other ideas? I'm really happy with my score but can't figure out how I could have gotten an L. Any help greatly appreciated.

Jul 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Same thing happened to me. Got a 37N... Not really sure how I got the N either. They read them in like 30 seconds, so maybe they just didn't really understand your main point. I would ask your adviser about what to do. The fact that you can write posts coherently like above makes me think you're a decent writer... I've heard it's not a big factor in admissions.

Also, you can have them rescore it, though this can take up to four months, according to the MCAT essentials thing.

10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2009
Status
Pre-Podiatry
31L.

I'm wondering the same thing. Anyone from past application cycles that can shed some light on low writing scores??

mdmd889

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I had a very similar experience--35M. I may have my writing section rescored, considering it probably will not dip any lower. I called the AAMC, and they told me I can continue to apply while they are rescoring the writing section. I highly doubt a low writing score will influence a med school's decision. But, because my writing score is low, I am going to make sure my personal statement is flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.