Good MCAT VR prep books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toots

Dr. Librarian
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm starting my post-bacc in the fall (ugh!), but I'm already thinking towards MCATs, specifically VR. Anyone have any suggestions for good prep books that are similar to MCAT in content?? I figure you can't start too soon....

Thanks!
Kristen

Members don't see this ad.

The Examkracker VR book is one of the best on the market. They are also making a book called 101 Verbal passages that is coming out sometime in the summer.

Are you doing the MCP/Hahnemann post-bacc? If so, PM me as I would like to chat.

I am doing Penn's post-bacc. Didn't even realize that MCP had one till a few weeks ago! Penn should work out well for me since I'll be working full time too.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Kristen

Hey a fellow philadelphian!

I've used a couple books and have been experimenting with some different techniques that are out there, and I have to agree with the above poster. Examkrackers seem to have the best grasp on the mcat material and the questions that are asked on it. They have a couple of techniques which I found interesting and thought could increase my score with sufficient practice. So I would recommend looking at their books.

I also heard the Columbia review has a pretty good verbal section.