good medical related shows

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCDavisdude

WHITEBOY SLIM
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what else is out to watch. im always searching discovery channel, etc. but cant seem to find any shows. what else is out there thats good, besides er, house, scrubs.

Members don't see this ad.

UCDavisdude said:
what else is out to watch. im always searching discovery channel, etc. but cant seem to find any shows. what else is out there thats good, besides er, house, scrubs.

That's all there is. Unless you like ER. Which I like. Oh, yeah, and that dr. hollywood or dr. 90210 show, on the E channel, I think, is pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty good. When I become a doctor I'm gonna be just like that guy.

-Ty

well the new ones.. grey's anatomy and HouseMD are pretty good.. though its still too early to say since grey's anatomy just premiered today..

Members don't see this ad :)
UCDavisdude said:
There are TONS of great medical shows if you have Discovery Health Channel (it's a standard channel w/ basic cable). It's awesome!

greys anatomy was pretty awesome, so is house. any other ones? like reality tv ones?i can never find when they are on the discovery channel

They're not on discovery channel, because discovery channel blows, with its stupid endless monster garage or monster garage like shows. The best shows were Resident Life and Trauma ER on TLC, but they haven't been showing them recently.

MWillie said:
They're not on discovery channel, because discovery channel blows, with its stupid endless monster garage or monster garage like shows. The best shows were Resident Life and Trauma ER on TLC, but they haven't been showing them recently.
Again, all those shows are on Discovery Health Channel, along with "Dr. G, Medical Examiner," "First Days" (a show about chief residents), "The Critical Hour," and a plethera of other ones :)

It's not standard with my cable.

NIP/TUCK!!!! I love that show...two great looking plastic surgeons in Miami. By the way, it's on FX. (last season it was on Tuesdays at 10)...They're in between seasons 2 and 3. Does anyone know when season 3 premiers??? It's a great show. Really.

KiwiFruit said:
NIP/TUCK!!!! I love that show...two great looking plastic surgeons in Miami. By the way, it's on FX. (last season it was on Tuesdays at 10)...They're in between seasons 2 and 3. Does anyone know when season 3 premiers??? It's a great show. Really.
Scrubs is my favorite by far.
I also watch many of the Discovery Health Channel programs, which fall into two categories: dramatization and holy crap! :eek: To say the least the latter is always a treat.

Saw Grey's Anatomy tonite and I must say that I'm impressed. Some of those cliches are there, the whole I slept with the attending before my first day as an intern...but the acting is pretty solid and I always like the insight into the lives of the characters and their interactions.

I'm still hooked on early ER...

Think "Because I want to be like Dr. Green - except for the brain tumor." would be a good response to "Why do you want to be a doctor?"

Think "Because I want to be like Dr. Green - except for the brain tumor." would be a good response to "Why do you want to be a doctor?"

You'd probably be better off with "I want to be Doug Ross without the fits of rage."

Grays Anatomy was pretty good, aside from the one instance of horiffic acting and the two or so of bad writing - but it was a pilot, we can see how it turns out next week when they are more polished. Anything billed as a cross between Sex and the City and ER gets at least a second chance with me.

I really liked "Grey's Anatomy." I also like "Strong Medicine" on Lifetime.

Members don't see this ad :)
You people really like that HOUSE MD? that show is the most hiddeous, unrealistic, and rediculous medical show I hhave ever seen. I was dissappointed with Grey's too since they start out with the intern late to work because of a one nite stand with her attending....sheesh, drama, slutty interns, immoral attendings, Nazi bitches, and a 48 hour shift ( I though there was a law against that now)? I can't wait to do that stuff myself :D

I liked gray's anatomy. It made me want to do surgery

dcham said:
I liked gray's anatomy. It made me want to do surgery
And also do your attending?

;)

UCLAstudent said:
I really liked "Grey's Anatomy." I also like "Strong Medicine" on Lifetime.

is strong medicine the one with all those ladies. with the mom from home improvement?

KiwiFruit said:

I love this show too!

Supposedly, the producer of the show is filming a movie so season 3 won't start until around Sept/Oct (it usually starts in June).......

-tx

Whenever I visit my parents (who have cable) I can just sit in front of Discovery Health Channel for hours at a time. Except during the day when they have those Baby Story shows and stuff, which I don't like. But all of the ones like Trauma:Life in the ER, the ones about residents, children's hospitals, surgery shows (they used to show entire surgeries but I haven't seen that for a few years), etc. Tons to watch. I'm glad I don't have cable because I'd be addicted to it! (It's standard on some cables; you could probably call your cable company and ask about it if you really feel like wasting more time in front of the tv :p)

I turned on the TV for a few minutes the other night before starting a video (to watch while on the elliptical trainer :)) and House was on. I watched for maybe 15 minutes and I thought it was horrible. It's basically a show about an a**hole doctor, right? I used to watch ER in college and I loved that.

UCDavisdude said:
is strong medicine the one with all those ladies. with the mom from home improvement?
It's about two women doctors working at a clinic. I hate to admit i'm not sure whose on Home Improvement. :(

When is House on? Network???

UCDavisdude said:

Yep!

medic170 said:
You people really like that HOUSE MD? that show is the most hiddeous, unrealistic, and rediculous medical show I hhave ever seen. I was dissappointed with Grey's too since they start out with the intern late to work because of a one nite stand with her attending....sheesh, drama, slutty interns, immoral attendings, Nazi bitches, and a 48 hour shift ( I though there was a law against that now)? I can't wait to do that stuff myself :D

Agreed. House MD is a disgrace to the medical field and the US entertainment industry.

There is not one thing on that show that is even close to reality.

I'm also going to have to jump on the early-season "ER" bandwagon. I hadn't ever watched, but my parents bought me the DVD sets from seasons 1 and 2 after I got my acceptance, and I got hooked. Too bad the newer episodes are almost unwatchable. The "young hothead" male doctor they have on now has to be the worst actor I have ever seen on American TV, and that is saying a lot.

Scrubs is also classic. The older evil doc is my personal role model :smuggrin:

House and Grey's look like boilerplate garbage so far. Although it's too early to tell with Grey's.

ForbiddenComma said:
I'm also going to have to jump on the early-season "ER" bandwagon. I hadn't ever watched, but my parents bought me the DVD sets from seasons 1 and 2 after I got my acceptance, and I got hooked. Too bad the newer episodes are almost unwatchable. The "young hothead" male doctor they have on now has to be the worst actor I have ever seen on American TV, and that is saying a lot.

Scrubs is also classic. The older evil doc is my personal role model :smuggrin:

House and Grey's look like boilerplate garbage so far. Although it's too early to tell with Grey's.

I agree as well. I could find little flaw in the accuracy of things on early seasons of ER. Currently, they do things incorrectly left and right.