Good micro book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiddenTruth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I have a questions abt micro...our professor is pretty challanging and kind of expects you to read everything on your own (Lange) and then he presents test questions in case format...like half a page long cases...pretty ridiculous...but anyhow, I was wondering if you all know any good micro books which have key facts and "buzz words" abt specific micro orgs...kind of like a flashing red alert when I take the test...so I know what specific microbe could potentially be casuing the infection/disease ....I heard blackwells (2 volumes)??..also any concise books which give u not only key facts but also good drugs to use and maybe diagnostic tests?? I would appreicate some feedback...Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Aside from the obvious review books (Ridiculously Simple and Lippincotts), a very good one is Clinical Microbiology Review by Peter Q. Warriner, 3rd ed. Green medium-sized paperback with a picture of a mountain-like rock. :) I think it'll be exactly the concise book you're looking for! I'm studying it right now to help me memorize all the virulence factors, lab tests, treatments etc.

Originally posted by flindophile
I agree: Ridiculously Simple is good

All the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will look into those...thanks everyone for your help..appreciate it.

Originally posted by HiddenTruth
Hey guys...I have a questions abt micro...our professor is pretty challanging and kind of expects you to read everything on your own (Lange)

How about the short Levinson and Jawetz review book (also Lange)? I take it you're reading the long-winded textbook, which is way over-kill. The review book can be used as a textbook, I think.