Good Middle Ear Surgical/Endoscopic Atlas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GodisGood12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm doing a research project over the summer that involves lots of endoscopy of the middle ear space and identifying structures in patients and cadavers. Any suggestions on a middle ear atlas that has endoscopic pictures of the middle ear and structures (facial nerve, pyramidal eminence, etc).

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm doing a research project over the summer that involves lots of endoscopy of the middle ear space and identifying structures in patients and cadavers. Any suggestions on a middle ear atlas that has endoscopic pictures of the middle ear and structures (facial nerve, pyramidal eminence, etc).

Thanks for the help.

I don't know of any good endoscopic atlases, but the single best book for anatomy of the temporal bone and, in particular, middle ear space is Donaldson et al Surgical Anatomy of the Temporal Bone. It's out of print but most med school libraries have it as do many ENT departments. I've never found anything remotely close to as good for middle and inner ear anatomy.