General Admissions & OTCAS Good Morning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Makingmoves2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!!! I want to thank everyone for responding to my post. I apologize in advance for asking too many questions. I'm aware that otcas opens up the second week of July! I have questions about applying in July. Should I wait until grades are posted for summer classes or should I just apply and send off my transcripts to otcas stating that my classes are in progress. I'm just worried because my otcas will calculate my gpa as an 2.902 however I'm taking classes this summer and the fall. Any advice please. Will schools deny right away or will they wait until summer and fall classes are done……So nerve wrecking…..

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend delaying your OTCAS application until your summer grades are available (but not your fall grades) for a couple of reasons.

1) In my experience, the schools I applied to (even rolling schools) didn't begin looking into applications until mid-September. By that time, your summer grades might have posted or will be posted soon. Even if they have not, I didn't have any problems with applying too late because I waited for my summer grades.

2) Hopefully your summer grades will raise your GPA. You don't want schools throwing out your application because your GPA is too low.

3) If you don't add your summer grades before you submit your OTCAS application, you won't be able to add them until the academic update in the fall. At this time, some of your rolling schools may have already made their decision about your admissions, so it might be too late for those grades to be much help.

4) By delaying submitting your application just a little bit, you may be able to gain more observation experience, which you strengthen your application.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok thanks! Now I have to figure out how many courses I can handle for summer. oh man I'm stressed now