Quantcast

Good Neonatology/NICU books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tazmaniac

2 min. from a nice nap
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any input on good Neonatology/NICU textbooks and/or handbooks on an intern/resident level? It's time to use my holiday gift certificates to good use.

-Todd MSIV USC

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I generally recommend that residents who want a book look at:

Neonatology : Management, Procedures, On-Call Problems, Diseases, Drugs (LANGE Clinical Science)
by Tricia, Lacy Gomella (Editor), M. Douglas Cunningham, Fabien G. Eyal, as a pocketbook that is very complete for resident use.

Care of the High-risk neonate by Klaus and Fanaroff is a more classic textbook but I think most residents will do better with the other book.

Regards

oldbearprofessor

Cameron

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a sub-internship in the NICU this summer - would you also recommend this text (or perhaps others?) for a 4th year student?

jdog

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me also give my props to the Gomella book. Very solid book. Also, a "Red Book " for infectious disease is a must but DON'T BUY IT, every NICU has one.

Cameron

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used "Fetal and Neonatal Secrets"? It presents info in a queston/answer format so may not be as useful as a study text, but may be good for reading during down-time. ? Any comments would be appreciated.

FunnyLookingKid

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cameron
Has anyone used "Fetal and Neonatal Secrets"? It presents info in a queston/answer format so may not be as useful as a study text, but may be good for reading during down-time. ? Any comments would be appreciated.

by Polan?

yes it's an interesting read. I used it as one of my review books for my neonatal boards actually.

dittos to the recommendation for Gomella's book. Very concise

SMW83

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hafta hand it to you Neonatologists...I couldnt handle being around sick and dying babies all day....sick and dying patients is bad enough....but innocent babies?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.