good news/bad news

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

julierx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to get your opinions about something. I just received good news for an invitation to Mercer in January. However, I will be out of the country on the day they assigned to me. I figure it will be really difficult/expensive to reschedule an international flight. I was wondering if anyone has had to deal with this situation before and what route they took. Let me know. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Just tell them the same thing you posted here. I interviewed with them last week and they were all so very nice there I think they will understand your situation and help you out in rescheduling. Best of luck to you and enjoy your trip!

if u dont mind, what was ur gpa, pcat? cause i also applied there, but no reply...

Hey guys I just wanted to get your opinions about something. I just received good news for an invitation to Mercer in January. However, I will be out of the country on the day they assigned to me. I figure it will be really difficult/expensive to reschedule an international flight. I was wondering if anyone has had to deal with this situation before and what route they took. Let me know. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just tell them the same thing you posted here. I interviewed with them last week and they were all so very nice there I think they will understand your situation and help you out in rescheduling. Best of luck to you and enjoy your trip!

I decided to send an email since that was their form of contact. Glad to hear your interview went well. I am also a bit hesitant to postpone my interview (although I have no choice) due to the rolling admissions process. Did they mention how soon they extend offers after an interview? Also did they give any indication to increasing competetiveness as time goes on? Thanks for the well wishes :)

I decided to send an email since that was their form of contact. Glad to hear your interview went well. I am also a bit hesitant to postpone my interview (although I have no choice) due to the rolling admissions process. Did they mention how soon they extend offers after an interview? Also did they give any indication to increasing competetiveness as time goes on? Thanks for the well wishes :)

I was there on Friday and they said I should know by Christmas accept, deny, or hold. So that's not a bad timetable. They said interviewing before the New Year makes you a more competitive applicant. They had interviewed 150 people already and planned to interview 400 I believe, so in my opinion that would mean it would be more competitive the longer you wait. Someone on here had an interview there on Monday, so if you have to reschedule by only a few days I don't believe that would affect your chances. Keep us posted.

I was actually in a situation like that with Campbell. They rescheduled with no problem and even reassured me that it wouldn't alter my chances! I also interviewed with Mercer during the first round and they were amazing. I can't see them getting upset over it!