Good news for applicants over 30 !!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrstephe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 35 year old applicant and I just received a letter for an interview from VCU this past Friday. I will have to be honest, I have met with the asst. dean of admissions on a couple of occasions when he came to my school. I think this was one thing in my favor. For those of you applying in-state this could definitely help.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think age is something we should worry about too much.. Im 30 and applying for 2007 .. so far i Have 2 interviews.. My friend with similar stats is 37 years old and has 3 Interviews line up so far.. we both hope to get more in the coming weeks (knock on wood)..

She was a bit concerned with possible age discrimination but i think its not a factor if you are a competitive applicant.. (we both scored 21 on the dat with 3.9x GPA's in the pre-req's)

Good luck to all applicants out there.. and definitely dont let age stop you :D

the average age at vcu is actually decreasing, however, we still attract some "older" people ... our oldest in our class is 33 and there are several 32 aged people

Members don't see this ad :)
There are several people in my class that are over 30 and one that's over 40. As students, I can't see much of a difference between them or some of my "younger" classmates.