Good NMS reveiw for COMLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ferrismonk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that the COMLEX step 1 can be anywhere from 20-40% NMS/OMM and was looking for a resource that someone could recommend for studying that section. Most USMLE resources (FA, etc) don't seem to put a lot of emphasis on NMS questions. I've got the Hoppenfeld physical exam book and a couple OMM texts, is that all I really need? Someone mentioned to me to just study FA and the green OMM board review book (I don't know the publisher off hand), is this adequate? Is there a good resource that sums up the Neuromusculoskeletal system well for the COMLEX?

Members don't see this ad.

Savarese is a good review for OMM. It seemed to cover most of what was asked. However, there were a few Chapman's point questions that I could not answer after having read Savarese, because they weren't mentioned.

My form had a lot of NMS/MSK type questions (a lot on upper and lower limb, but others as well) as well as a lot of neuro. I did not find FA completely adequate for these. If you have the time, it might be wise to supplement, depending on your baseline knowledge, with HY neuroanatomy and Road Map Gross Anatomy. These are very condensed reviews, but in my opinion, do a much better job than FA on the respective topics.