Good OMM board review books besides Savarese?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dozitgetchahi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know Savarese is generally considered to be the best OMM review book for the COMLEX, but a number of posters over on the Step I boards seem to feel that things were asked this year that weren't covered in it. So...what else out there is good for COMLEX OMM review? I have the Nicholas atlas and Foundations, but the latter is wayyyy too longwinded for board review purposes and the former could probably be a bit more concise too.

Is the Kaplan OMM review guide decent? Some people seem to have good things to say about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Savarese is more than enough for most questions. The work you would have to put in to get those extra few random questions just isn't worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
This book wasn't around when I was a student, but the reviews look good:
http://www.amazon.com/COMLEX-Review-Clinical-Osteopathic-Manipulative/dp/1405104481

The OMM app for iPhone/iPod Touch is free. I suppose it would be good for portable downtime review as well.

Some people liked this one better than Savarese: http://pages.prodigy.net/stn1/publications_by_dr__simmons.htm

BTW, the "Cram Pages" here is good: http://pages.prodigy.net/stn1/Downloads.htm

This book is a question-answer style book (like the Recall or Deja Review series). It was very detailed, almost overly so, and took some effort to isolate out the important stuff.

Our school had us do the Kaplan COMLEX review course and came with those books. If you can find it, the OMM book from Kaplan is really concise and had everything that I was asked in COMQuest and Part 2. You could literally read it in a single morning.

Savarese is more than enough for most questions. The work you would have to put in to get those extra few random questions just isn't worth it.

When I took it it seemed that if you memorized the stuff on those cram pages I linked to, you'd get the majority of the OMM question. At least pre-2006, going hardcore on OMM was pretty low-yield.

OMG OMT is better than Savarese, imo. I just matched and that's what I used. It covers more content, explains more topics in a concise high yield way, literally shows you how to set up treatments, and gives you access to a practice COMLEX exam (which you can take as many times as you want + gives explanations and score breakdown). I messed around with a few books during my M2 year leading up to COMLEX to see what I liked. The other books besides Savarese had way too many pages too... for the purposes of boards, less is more!

Reactions: 1 user
When I took it it seemed that if you memorized the stuff on those cram pages I linked to, you'd get the majority of the OMM question. At least pre-2006, going hardcore on OMM was pretty low-yield.

The cram page link is broken, as is the other link. Do you have any updates?

Confused by the phrase “beside Savarese.” The Green Bible was enough for me for Level 1 and Level 2 (combined with some questions from Combank and/or Comquest).

imo COMBANK is a laughable joke. That thing never works.. you ever try to highlight on it? I don't know how programming a normal highlighter function could be so difficult for a company that charges so much for it's overrated defunctional QBank. COMQUEST and OMG OMT have way better practice questions.

OMG OMT is better than Savarese, imo. I just matched and that's what I used. It covers more content, explains more topics in a concise high yield way, literally shows you how to set up treatments, and gives you access to a practice COMLEX exam (which you can take as many times as you want + gives explanations and score breakdown). I messed around with a few books during my M2 year leading up to COMLEX to see what I liked. The other books besides Savarese had way too many pages too... for the purposes of boards, less is more!
Thanks for letting them know 8 years later haha.
Good info for current students I guess, but I’ve been Savarese all the way

Reactions: 1 users