Good Online Top 200 Drug Cards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dezixn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't come up with any top 200 cards that were online and free... So I figured I would just ask if anyone knows of any good ones.

I happened upon this set http://www.flashcardmachine.com/top-200-drugs6.html which seems pretty decent. Wondering if anyone else has seen anything more up to date or better. I'll be a P1 next semester and wanted to get a head start on this. Not to mention it will help me out a lot at work by knowing this stuff since I'm a tech.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what exactly is the top 200?

Top 200 most commonly prescribed/used drugs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most likely yes, depending on your school it's between your fall/winter/spring semester of your P1 year. To be on the safe side I would take a glance at the school of your choice's curriculum to see when it's taught.

There is actually an iPhone application for the 200 most commonly prescribed drugs. I also purchased some flashcards from B/N so I could study for the PTCB exam. It was definitely overkill, but I thought that it was useful since I'll need to know the information eventually.

LOL. That thing destroyed me. That's OK though, since I just started making an effort to learn this stuff. That will be a good tool once I can match more than like 20 lol. I guess I could just rattle off generic names from A-Z but that would be cheating lol.

I heard there are iphone apps for that stuff. Neat, but meh, no iphone. I have a netbook though, so when I went to class today I just had my netbook out and was looking at online flash cards heh.

I'll be at University of Houston College of Pharmacy, no idea when/if we have to learn the top 200 or what. I'm assuming everyone has to do that to some degree in pharmacy school... Can't hurt, nothing else to study ATM anyways lol.

There is actually an iPhone application for the 200 most commonly prescribed drugs. I also purchased some flashcards from B/N so I could study for the PTCB exam. It was definitely overkill, but I thought that it was useful since I'll need to know the information eventually.
Also, Epocrates for iPhone (blech) and Android (W00T).

Sent from my DROID

Any cool stuff for BlackBerry?
I'm sure there's an app for Blackberry out there.

There's a Top 200 for Android @ $2.99, I think. Got an avg. rating (2.5/5) but it's because of how many drugs there are in it. Take a look at Epocrates (register for it first). I think you'll like it better.

Any cool stuff for BlackBerry?

I just installed epocrates on my blackberry. It's actually a very nice little program. It takes about 30 minutes to fully install though.

I just installed epocrates on my blackberry. It's actually a very nice little program. It takes about 30 minutes to fully install though.

anyone who has a smart phone should install epocrates on it. it's free and it's pretty much like a mobile version of facts and comparisons. easy to look up RX interactions and even has a pill id tool. plus it downloads these "dr. alert" articles about recent studies and their results (kind of like C.E.'s for your own pleasure).

At Ohio State we are required to learn the top 60 prescription drugs and I think the top 30 OTC drugs. Then in P2 year we learn the top 200 prescription drugs.

At Ohio State, we have to know the brand name, the generic name, the therapeutic category (i.e. "antidepressant", etc.), and know at least 3 side effects. We must list the lethal side effects if there are any. It is fill in the blank format. We used Sigler's prescription drug cards. A extracurricular student group sold the drug cards for $75 but I see them on amazon for $55.

Sometimes there will be a quiz on just the drug cards other times they will be a small part of an exam. Typically only about 10% of your grade in the "pharmacy practice" class depends on the drug cards. "Pharmacy practice" class is probably going to be your easiest class.

Good luck! I would not stress out about them... drug cards quizzes were probably the EASIEST part of p1 year at Ohio State.

anyone who has a smart phone should install epocrates on it. it's free and it's pretty much like a mobile version of facts and comparisons. easy to look up RX interactions and even has a pill id tool. plus it downloads these "dr. alert" articles about recent studies and their results (kind of like C.E.'s for your own pleasure).

To the OP and the everyone else on this thread......

Thanks for the heads up on epocrates and those websites! :thumbup: