Good paying temp jobs for the next 6 months?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raininspain

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to quit my current job, but since I just bought a car, I need to find a good paying job that will hire me for only 6 months. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe kelly scientific is a science temp agency. You might have a shot there (a quick peek at your mdapps shows me you have some research exp.) I have no idea what this type of work pays and if they would be interested in hiring you though.

Alternatively, you could just walk into some random temp agency and go an be an administrative temp for the 6 months. It should pay you around $20/hour (depending on the area) as long as you don't mind answering phones and formatting documents all day.

I nannied for a bit and that payed great!

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply for any position, just say it's full time and you're looking for something in the long run. Why struggle with the annoyances of companies refusing to hire qualified people who can have a tremendous impact just because it's only for 6 months.

Are you interested in anything in particular? Healthcare? Research?

I believe kelly scientific is a science temp agency. You might have a shot there (a quick peek at your mdapps shows me you have some research exp.) I have no idea what this type of work pays and if they would be interested in hiring you though.

Alternatively, you could just walk into some random temp agency and go an be an administrative temp for the 6 months. It should pay you around $20/hour (depending on the area) as long as you don't mind answering phones and formatting documents all day.

i've had really bad experience with kelly and random "business" type temp agencies wouldn't even hire me.

the only agency i've had luck with is on assignment lab support. they're on top of things and hook you up quick.

Try bartending, its a lot of fun too...don't worry if you've never bartended before, judging by your mdapps you'll catch on quick. If you are worried about it, try barbacking for the first 2 months. Waitresses at gourmet places make a good deal of money too.