Good pharmacology resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lolomghelp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a MS1, and we have an exam coming up next week. I am still stuck on microbiology, but I know I will have a hard time with pharmacology and learning all the drugs/side effects.

I was wondering if any of you have good resources besides sketchy pharm? (I prefer videos)
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am a MS1, and we have an exam coming up next week. I am still stuck on microbiology, but I know I will have a hard time with pharmacology and learning all the drugs/side effects.

I was wondering if any of you have good resources besides sketchy pharm? (I prefer videos)
Thank you.
Sketchy pharm is videos, no?

I really hated sketchy pharm, some of the videos are just really long and have too many things in them which defeats the point for me.
I know you said you prefer videos but it might honestly be worth it to try flash cards or anki.
If you need help with pharm principles, B&B has a pretty good pharm section.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I really hated sketchy pharm, some of the videos are just really long and have too many things in them which defeats the point for me.
I know you said you prefer videos but it might honestly be worth it to try flash cards or anki.
If you need help with pharm principles, B&B has a pretty good pharm section.

As an OMS-1, the sketchy pharm videos are probably overkill. I know my school teaches limited pharmacology in 1st year, and more in depth 2nd year. I still use sketchy because I think the images are great learning tools and I’m very visual, so this is how I do it: watch the sketchy video first to see what it covers. I do this on a faster speed because I just want to see if it’s way overkill or just has a few extra points. After that, you can just use the image to study from, or download an anki deck (lolnotacop), suspend the stuff you don’t need, and you get the benefit of the images without all the extra.

Sorry bonewizard, this was intended to address the OP.

As an OMS-1, the sketchy pharm videos are probably overkill. I know my school teaches limited pharmacology in 1st year, and more in depth 2nd year. I still use sketchy because I think the images are great learning tools and I’m very visual, so this is how I do it: watch the sketchy video first to see what it covers. I do this on a faster speed because I just want to see if it’s way overkill or just has a few extra points. After that, you can just use the image to study from, or download an anki deck (lolnotacop), suspend the stuff you don’t need, and you get the benefit of the images without all the extra.

Sorry bonewizard, this was intended to address the OP.
I did this and it is by the far what I remember most from the first 2 years. When you watch those videos and do those flash cards it just sticks so well.