good place to take MCAT in CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ubu

Always hungry...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is a good place to take the MCAT either around the bay area or around Irvine? I would prefer a test center that has very little people (around 20 or less) taking the test, and provides a large desk area for testing. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ha sorry this was funny.. the bay area or irvine? i mean those cities are not exactly around each other. i tak eit ur from cali but u do no one is N cal and one is S cal? ok just checking. go with sandeiog cause you can chill on the beach before and after

yeah, I do realize that these 2 places are far apart. I'm from the bay area, but am going to school in Irvine, and it doesn't matter to me whether I take the test in northern california or southern california, so that is why i ask.

Originally posted by Ubu
I would prefer a test center that has very little people (around 20 or less) taking the test, and provides a large desk area for testing. Thanks!

Wouldn't everybody?

I PMed you, but the closest thing to what you are asking for down there is Saddleback College. Up here, Armstrong University might be your best choice, if it's even still a site (it was four years ago).

Members don't see this ad :)
Just don't take it in Berkeley. Very hectic, and it tends to be on Cal Day if you're taking MCAT in April. Parking's a little difficult. I'd look into taking it in Oakland, if you're considering the Bay Area.

don't take it at the masonic center in sf either. very dark and too many people. there is a lot of desk space though.

dude, by far the best place to take the MCAT is at USC. you take it at the law school and you get plenty of space and quiet to take it. I'm a bruin, but trust me, you don't want to take it at UCLA, the rooms are large but the seats are very uncomfortable (I've taken classes in those classrooms). Anyways hope this helps and good luck

Thanks for all the responses. :) Just out of curiosity, how many people (usually) are there to take the MCAT at USC?

Originally posted by Ubu
ust out of curiosity, how many people (usually) are there to take the MCAT at USC?

Are you counting just the people taking the MCAt at U$C, or do you also want to include the people breaking into your car while you're taking the MCAT? :)

The best place in bay area to take it is at the Oakland health center.......that place is awesome I took the april test there. They have big tables and have 2 people per table.......but its best to reserve it early because the place fills up fast.

:( There are people breaking into your car while you take the MCAT?

Originally posted by Ubu
There are people breaking into your car while you take the MCAT?

Nah, I was just taking a shot at U$C. I did my undergraduate work at a private school in the LA area and we always made fun of U$C. The area just west and north of U$C is not so nice, but the campus is supposedly very safe.