Good Podiatry Journals and Magazines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I think i have mentioned this bfore. Me and my some friends are involved in Pre-Podiatry Club at a community college where iam taking some humanity colleges. And i was wondering if anyone could suggest some good podiatry related magazines, journals which we can get (old or new). And how much do they cost.

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Depending on where you are you can get a hold of many of the journals from a library or library exchange program.

Good journals to look at are:

Foot and Ankle International - this is the F&A orthopedic journal but still bery good for pods and pre-pods
Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery (JFAS)
Journal of American Podiatric Medical Association (JAPMA)
Clinics of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery --- this is an orthopedic magazine so the amount of foot and ankle articles will very from month to month

I'm sure others will add a few more.

Hey,

I think i have mentioned this bfore. Me and my some friends are involved in Pre-Podiatry Club at a community college where iam taking some humanity colleges. And i was wondering if anyone could suggest some good podiatry related magazines, journals which we can get (old or new). And how much do they cost.

thank you

I have posted these before but the ones to read are:

Clinics in podiatric medicine and surgery (www.theclinics.org)

Foot and Ankle Clinics

Clinics of Orthopedics and Related Research

Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery

Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (british and american)

for good biomechanics and physical medicine look at the australian research.

for prices go to the websites of the journals. The clinics are $94 each per year w/ online availibility.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank You guys! god bless u! have a gr8 weekend.

If you could only subscribe to one, which would it be?

If you could only subscribe to one, which would it be?

Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery.

but check to see what you can get at your library. Then subscribe to what you cannot get there.

Also check the school websites. sometimes there is access to periodicals on the library links.

We all get JAPMA when you are a member of APMSA. Catalyst, you'll have access to all of these at DMU.

Can you take them out of the library?
Which one makes for the best bathroom reader?

We get a ton of printing tokens so I print off JFAS and take it home to read on the throne. I also read JAPMA.

If I was to buy anything it would be Clinics of Pod Med.

Can you take them out of the library?
Which one makes for the best bathroom reader?

Please dont take the actual journals to read on the throne. Sometimes I walk into the bathroom to find the Newsweek mag on the floor. Man Im glad I dont care too much for that one. :laugh:

I never to this on campus this is my personal office at home in the basement where I can "work."

I did found out today at my local library but they dont have any podiatry journals:(

We are going to request the college library to get them for us.

Do u guys think it will be a good idea to ask local pods to donate their old journals.

i know journals are not tat important and iam trying to make it look like a big thing. but the thing is that, so many people dont even know wat pods do. so i thought if people read different articles and case studies. they will get an idea what they are getting into. for many the concept of podiatry is just nail cutting and basic things.

They might but I doubt it. All physicians use their old journals for references. You can not learn and remember everything so just like a lawyer, a good library is necessary to be a good physician.