Good pre-set Anki decks to use in first year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeikoTanaka

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a first year med student in my first semester at school and I am thinking about trying out Anki. I am interested in knowing which decks are already created that I can import and use. I've already downloaded an Anatomy deck from UCSF which I am going to try out, I've only gone through 2 flashcards just to make sure it works lol.

For reference, although I'm sure you all know, I am taking:
Biochemistry
Anatomy
Physiology
Medical Ethics + Professionalism
Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Histology

Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Zanki is the most comprehensive out there right now, however, if your profs are testing minutiae only covered in their slides you might want to make your own cards for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Zanki is the most comprehensive out there right now, however, if your profs are testing minutiae only covered in their slides you might want to make your own cards for that.
Does Zanki cover enough anatomy to get through the class?

Does Zanki cover enough anatomy to get through the class?

No. Anatomy was the one subject that i found Anki to be unhelpful, but that was just me. Some people made their own cards and did well with that.

Reactions: 1 users
No. Anatomy was the one subject that i found Anki to be unhelpful, but that was just me. Some people made their own cards and did well with that.
Yeah, I'm not sure that I'm going to make cards for Anatomy. This is my first time using Anki though and its crazy how well its making things stick.

Wait is Zanki not the same as Anki?

Wait is Zanki not the same as Anki?

Anki is the spaced repetition software (found for free on the interwebs), whereas Zanki is a premade deck that many people say they like (there are others); Zanki is also free, you just have to download it.

Hey all,

I'm a first year med student in my first semester at school and I am thinking about trying out Anki. I am interested in knowing which decks are already created that I can import and use. I've already downloaded an Anatomy deck from UCSF which I am going to try out, I've only gone through 2 flashcards just to make sure it works lol.

For reference, although I'm sure you all know, I am taking:
Biochemistry
Anatomy
Physiology
Medical Ethics + Professionalism
Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Histology

Thank you all.
Firecracker (the app) I found really helpful to be able to track what our courses were covering on each exam content wise and be sure I was hitting all the details.

Reactions: 1 user
Anki is pretty low yield for first semester in a traditional curriculum.

The lightyear deck (check reddit) that utilizes boards and beyond could be good for biochem.

Firecracker (if utilized properly) can be good.

Anki is pretty low yield for first semester in a traditional curriculum.

The lightyear deck (check reddit) that utilizes boards and beyond could be good for biochem.

Firecracker (if utilized properly) can be good.
I think I'm just gonna use Anki but create my own flashcards. Because yeah, it is very specific to this curriculum lol

I think I'm just gonna use Anki but create my own flashcards. Because yeah, it is very specific to this curriculum lol
Have been trying this, but struggling to keep up, tbh. Lol

Have been trying this, but struggling to keep up, tbh. Lol
Finding time to go back with all the new material ahead is difficult. But what I'm doing it setting aside 2 hour blocks to go back to review old flashcards.

Since anatomy was brought up... use image occlusion to create anatomy cards super easily from the slides, netters, wherever. That is the absolute easiest subject to make cards for. No excuses not to know the basics of anatomy cold because it's just bs flashcards.

I’ve heard Zanki is just too freaking much and brosencephalon is more concise and to the point. Anyone here used both?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve heard Zanki is just too freaking much and brosencephalon is more concise and to the point. Anyone here used both?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I prefer bros. But if you like sketchy, then zanki is definitely better for that.

I'm a 2nd year working my way through Zanki and loving it. Any time I come across an Rx question that hits a topic I've already worked through in Zanki I know the answer almost instantly. Zanki feels like a random bucket of factoids at first, but it's awesome when you see a whole topic come together and you actually remember the bits and pieces.