Good Questions to ask interviewers at the end?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSU22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At the end of the interview when they ask "do you have any questions for me" what are some good questions to ask them? Be specific not just "questions about the school".

Members don't see this ad.

At the end of the interview when they ask "do you have any questions for me" what are some good questions to ask them? Be specific not just "questions about the school".

I thinks that's almost like asking everyone to post their personal statements so you can copy things that sound good. Spend some time on schools websites and look at their curriculum. Talk to some current or former students to see what they do/don't like about the school. By doing your hw you should be able to come up with some. This is going to be something that will set you apart from others, so don't just regurgitate something you read off a google search for "questions to ask dental schools".

Thanks anybody else?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As person before me said, do some research on the school...ask them your concerns. Like for example, some schools may have the reputation of not having enough chairs in the clinic, not having as great of patient access, umm or if it's a brand new school, if their accreditation affects your education, if they have school apartments - how are they, what are living conditions like...etc etc etc etc

Find out what matters to you in a dental school and ask questions that matter to you! That's the best advice I can give ya ;)

As person before me said, do some research on the school...ask them your concerns. Like for example, some schools may have the reputation of not having enough chairs in the clinic, not having as great of patient access, umm or if it's a brand new school, if their accreditation affects your education, if they have school apartments - how are they, what are living conditions like...etc etc etc etc

Find out what matters to you in a dental school and ask questions that matter to you! That's the best advice I can give ya ;)
and...u may have some questions develop during the interview itself......
ur questions should def come from researching the school bud.

i've only had two interviews so far, so i'm no expert in this, but both times i've made mental lists of questions to ask during interviews, and it seems like all of my questions get answered before i have the opportunity to even ask!

Before you go into the interview I would think about things you really are looking for in a dental school rather than asking questions just to ask questions. I think its best to be sincere and open about any concerns you have about the school whether it be from the teaching style of the school, research opportunities for students, or even how well students perform compared to other schools.

Although I'd go to any school that would accept me, I wanted to show the interviewers through my questions that I was concerned about the education I would be getting and if I would be happy at the school with their method of doing things. During my interview at Baylor I asked a little about student life, the competitiveness between the students in the classes, how people transition into the hectic dental student schedule, the availability of professors to help you, and some community service opportunities. Don't ask about their research if you don't ever plan to step into a lab while in school (me lol) and don't ask about volunteering you're not really interested in helping out the community. They interview so many people and can tell if you're being really honest or not. Hope that helps!

i've only had two interviews so far, so i'm no expert in this, but both times i've made mental lists of questions to ask during interviews, and it seems like all of my questions get answered before i have the opportunity to even ask!

yep. I have the same problem. Between the presentation and the tour, pretty much all of my questions are answered.

let me tell you something about questions.... if you talk alot like me, you will NEVER run out of questions....

As far as what questions YOU SHOULD ask.... umm, your about to take a 4 year journey into a very tough curriculum that will basically cost you anywhere from $200,000-300,000... don't you think you can come up with a few questions on your own before you take such journey? I mean come on dude, use some common sense, try to learn about the school things that could turn you on/off about it.... so you can make a good decision what school you want to attend in the case you get multiple acceptances