Good resources to learn about the issues in health care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angldrps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know health care issues/obama care has already been discussed extensively before, but I am not looking to start similar discussions/debates that went on in the other threads. Just looking for recommendations on some good reads that can help me increase my knowledge on health care issues, especially Obama care. I have already been reading extensively on this topic but there seem to be soo much information out there, that I am finding it bit hard to wrap my head around it all.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I know health care issues/obama care has already been discussed extensively before, but I am not looking to start similar discussions/debates that went on in the other threads. Just looking for recommendations on some good reads that can help me increase my knowledge on health care issues, especially Obama care. I have already been reading extensively on this topic but there seem to be soo much information out there, that I am finding it bit hard to wrap my head around it all.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Great idea. I imagine this has potential to become a thread full of great links/resources so long as people can post the links and leave it at that (perhaps a small summary of the article?). I just hope it turns into a list of sources that will cover many angles of healthcare.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great idea. I imagine this has potential to become a thread full of great links/resources so long as people can post the links and leave it at that (perhaps a small summary of the article?). I just hope it turns into a list of sources that will cover many angles of healthcare.

yes! I am really hoping more people will contribute. The more I read, the more I am having a hard time forming an opinion. If I look at Obama care from the point of view of someone who is currently uninsured, I tend to lean towards supporting it. But, when I read more about how its affecting physicians, I don't want to support it. SO CONFUSED!:confused:

yes! I am really hoping more people will contribute. The more I read, the more I am having a hard time forming an opinion. If I look at Obama care from the point of view of someone who is currently uninsured, I tend to lean towards supporting it. But, when I read more about how its affecting physicians, I don't want to support it. SO CONFUSED!:confused:

i don't think you need to worry about it much unless you are trying to strike it RICH with this job like previous generations have done. if you are worried dabout student loan debt, Obama has that repayment plan that makes it mandatory to only pay certain percentage of your monthly income per month. we need to support it all the way unelss you are some surgeon who are greedy and order all sorts of unnecessary procedures and tests just to make $$$

Gregory Pence's Medical Ethics book. I used it all the time for my medical ethics degree.

Be aware that while this is a great video it barely scratches the surface of the ACA.

I agree. But, I think the info here should be enough for interviews. From what I have read, the interviewers just want to know if you have a general idea of whats wrong with current health care, how its being changes, etc. Hopefully, nobody would be grilled on this too much. :xf: