Good review books / tutor for the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhol16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
I've been studying for the MCAT since early June. I started out with a 17 and have not gone above a 24. I am scheduled to take the MCAT in mid-August, but I just don't see how I will be able to take it then. I've been taking a Kaplan's class but I dont feel like it is helping me and their methods seem completely worthless to me. Does anyone have any tips for books or tutors in NYC?? Or any tips on how I should be studying?

Members don't see this ad.

Get the following :

1. Berkeley Review Physics Book 1 and Book 2 - for Physics
2. Berkeley Review Chemistry Book 1 and Book 2
3. Berkeley Review Organic Chemistry Book 1 and Book2
4. Examkrackers Biology

Spending a month with these should raise your score above 30

Here is the complete ranking:

Biology: 1. EK Bio + EK 1001 Bio, non-detail oriented 1. BR/TPR Hyperlearning, detail oriented 3. Kaplan

Physics
: 1. BR 2. Nova 3. TPR Hyperlearning 4. Kaplan

Verbal: 1. EK Verbal + EK 101 Verbal 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. BR 4. Kaplan (Avoid if possible)

Organic Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

General Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

thank you so much. Do any of you know of any books that have tons of questions because I think it would help me to have access to more questions than kaplan provides.

Members don't see this ad :)
EK 1001 Bio provides 1001 questions with both passages and discretes.

EK 101 Verbal offers 101 verbal passages.

The BR books contain around 100 or more passages per book set (i.e. all of BR Chemistry has around 100 passages).

I have all the review books I need. What I need are tons and tons of questions to practice with... Are there any books with 5,000 questions/passages or a similar book?

Here is the complete ranking:

Biology: 1. EK Bio + EK 1001 Bio, non-detail oriented 1. BR/TPR Hyperlearning, detail oriented 3. Kaplan

Physics
: 1. BR 2. Nova 3. TPR Hyperlearning 4. Kaplan

Verbal: 1. EK Verbal + EK 101 Verbal 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. BR 4. Kaplan (Avoid if possible)

Organic Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

General Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

The TPR Hyperlearning Science Workbook has TONS of passages and discretes for all 4 sciences.

EK 101 verbal + TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook for verbal

If you don't have them, the TBR books have a million passages - 100 questions PER chapter, for 10 chapters per subject.

Where do I buy the TPR books?

The TPR Hyperlearning Science Workbook has TONS of passages and discretes for all 4 sciences.

EK 101 verbal + TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook for verbal

If you don't have them, the TBR books have a million passages - 100 questions PER chapter, for 10 chapters per subject.