good shoes

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by sunny9505, Sep 21, 2002.

1. sunny9505

sunny9505 Member
    7+ Year Member

anyone on rotations have good ideas of what shoes are the best for standing on your feet all day?? any help would be great.

2. ckent

ckent Membership Revoked
    Removed

I am very pleased with my Dansko clogs. They are a bit pricey, and I hate getting blood on them because they aren't easy to wash, but they are sooo much more comfortable then any other shoe that I've ever worn. I can stand all day in them and be relatively comfortable.

3. Annette

Annette gainfully employed
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    THere are several threads about this. I love my birkenstocks!

4. Rigomortis

Rigomortis Member
    7+ Year Member

I have a nice pair of slip on dress shoes from Kenneth Cole. They're almost nice enough to wear with a suit, but they slip on and are pretty comfortable. You have to get them from the outlets though.

5. jason952

jason952 Member
    7+ Year Member

Johnston and murphy shoes are great and not too much, men shoes, that is. about 130/pair. I love shoes. vice..

6. gas-x

gas-x Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

try some clogs from Merrell. you can get them almost anywhere...Neimans, Saks, maybe foley's or dillard's. they usually run about $70. i think there are great. you can also get them online too. just do a search for merrell on google.

7. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Verified Expert Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I love my NB sneakers. While they may not have the washability of rubber clogs, they are comfy and durable (and don't make me look like I've joined the "cult" of clog wearers. ;) )

You will/can get a million replies to this question - what's comfortable for you may not be for someone else. The best way to find out is to try out several types and see which feels the best. If someone will let you, borrow a pair of clogs for the day and see what you think...if they're for you, get a pair. If not, keep looking.