Good Sub-I experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FMbound4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just completed a great sub internship at the University of Nevada Reno FM program (great program!) but am wondering if there are similar programs out there to compare. Looking for a program with good exposure to OB, peds, and rural. I enjoy the great outdoors and really enjoyed access to Lake Tahoe while I was in Reno...any thoughts or suggestions on other programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I just completed a great sub internship at the University of Nevada Reno FM program (great program!) but am wondering if there are similar programs out there to compare. Looking for a program with good exposure to OB, peds, and rural. I enjoy the great outdoors and really enjoyed access to Lake Tahoe while I was in Reno...any thoughts or suggestions on other programs?

If you want to go rural, go to Fairbanks, Alaska - especially if you love the outdoors - no better place. Fairbanks hospital is doing a lot now with accomodating medical students on rotations. You can call the main switchboard 907-452-8181 If you have questions feel free to PM me.
I did general surgery, oncology, family practice, and rural/underserved medicine at the Native clinic when I was a med student.

Plenty of rural medicine in the smaller towns in Montana as well.

I did a great sub-I in surgery at Univ of New Mexico - Albuquerque. Great experience.

I did radiology in Las Vegas at UNLV medical center. That was good, too.