Good Surgery Sub Internship in the East Coast?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SxRx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a good place to do an audition elective in Surgery SubI in the east coast where rent isn't too high, and parking isn't a problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a good place to do an audition elective in Surgery SubI in the east coast where rent isn't too high, and parking isn't a problem?

What exactly do you do as a surgery sub I ? Seen some electives that are surgery sub I and obgyn sub I ... But don't know many people who have done them??

The scope of what you do on a surgery sub-i depends on a variety of factors: what program you go to, how many other students are rotating at the time, how many hospitals you rotate through, etc. Simply put, the role of the sub-i is to perform all the clinical duties of an intern, i.e. Acting Internship and therefore demonstrate the competency and skill required to become a successful resident. How well you accomplish that task is entirely in your control. If you are interested in seeing exactly what you will be asked to do on a specific sub-i, simply google the program & the course description.

The scope of what you do on a surgery sub-i depends on a variety of factors: what program you go to, how many other students are rotating at the time, how many hospitals you rotate through, etc. Simply put, the role of the sub-i is to perform all the clinical duties of an intern, i.e. Acting Internship and therefore demonstrate the competency and skill required to become a successful resident. How well you accomplish that task is entirely in your control. If you are interested in seeing exactly what you will be asked to do on a specific sub-i, simply google the program & the course description.

I m pretty clear on what a medicine intern does so it makes sense what a medical sub I does.. But what does a surgical intern do? Pretty much the same as a medical intern? I don't think they re operating a ton as an I tern?