Good ways to build credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soul21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am planning on attending a pharmacy school that does not recieve federal finacial aid. I was told that I would have to take out private loans to pay for my education. The only problem is I have no credit. :eek: What are good ways to build credit within a year and half?

Members don't see this ad.

soul21 said:
Hey Guys,
I am planning on attending a pharmacy school that does not recieve federal finacial aid. I was told that I would have to take out private loans to pay for my education. The only problem is I have no credit. :eek: What are good ways to build credit within a year and half?

Do you have a checking and/or savings account? Often times banks will issue you a credit card based on those accounts that you have with them. The key is to use it and pay it off EVERY MONTH. Assuming you have no other credit history, this should give it a good start.

You can open up some student credit cards that have no membership or annual fees. You don't have to use them, just keep them around. If you do use them, make sure they're paid off each month.