Good website for AMCAS info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lamyers

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, out of sheer boredom, I was reading the other board, and someone posted this website. It's pretty interesting to me. I can't tell if this info is directly from AMCAS to the advisors, or if the advisors rewrote it?
http://www.elon.edu/househ/amcas01k.htm

Members don't see this ad.

That information is intended for premedical students at Elon College. It is a part of the Elon College premedical committee/advisor's web site for its own premedical student population. What you are reading is a passing on of information sent daily to a Listserve for advisors, professional school admissions people and AMCAS personnel who ask and answer each other's questions, post information, and discuss issues related to professional school concerns.

That is one of the reasons I always suggest working with your premedical advisors. Most, although not all, are privy to this "inside" information. Most of speculation, paranoia and anger, in connection with anything, is because of wild speculation based on ignorance of the truth behind matters of concern; the anger and waste of time and energy can be ameliorated, even if not dispelled, by having reliable information. AMCAS, the medical schools and advisors are as unhappy with the state of affairs as are applicants; AMCAS has been furiously working on fixes to the web application.

Many of you might consider asking your advisors to post AMCAS updates on their own website the way Elon College does.

Hey, Drako, your paper AMCAS site has a link on this site! Right next to the official updates from AMCAS!! You've made the big time!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Go ELON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, it's my school! But we are Elon University now...just so you know.

Thought I'd bump this up as it appears to post official AMCAS pronouncements on their
mysterious ways. For whatever it's worth.

I can't get the link to open - has it been moved??

thanks.

huh, its working for me now too... must have been something screwy with my browser.

this is great info...