Gooey Chat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN

Welcome to SDN
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi-

I wanted to let everyone know that we have chosen Gooey 2.0 as the chat system for the StudentDoctor Network. You can download Gooey from our main-page at: http://www.studentdoctor.net/

See you at the chat!

[This message has been edited by Lee A Burnett (edited 11-14-1999).]

Members don't see this ad.

Okay I've downloaded Gooey. Nothing seems different on this site right now. Does that mean no one else is on the site? Do I have to do something more? Shouldn't I see some kind of box of people who are here or something? Please Help!! Thanks.

-RDO

Okay, got it. My unique nick is now "SD/15". (regular nick, SD) Anybody else have a nick that I can add to my list??

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured it out too. I'm RDO/1. See you in the Gooey Box!!

Oh Okay, my unique nick is RDO/1 and my regular nick is RDO. This is all new to me. Oh my God!! The Gooey box is putting on a show!

okay rdo, I've downloaded gooey as well, but no studentdoc chats to be found. What am I doing wrong here?

I got it too...I am YOSH/8..

Someone find me....

Works great. After you open it, it automatically detects which website you are at. Just type a message like "is anyone here" to get going! Medicalstudent.net and studentdoctor.net are now both set up for Gooey chat!
My username is drhenderson/1

If you want to see if it is working, just type in a message like that above. If no response, test it out by going to yahoo or something, where there are millions of people.

Probably only a few people on SDN have downloaded it so far... I just did 20 minutes ago! Keep it on, keep trying, and keep visiting. The number should drastically increase soon!

------------------
Jim Henderson, MD of MedicalStudent.net
http://www.medicalstudent.net

I am having trouble. Is there a Mac download?? Does anyone have ICQ??

ok guys. What's up with this thing gooey? I have found the sight, clicked download, and nothing happens. No line to enter nick, info etc. How did all of you achieve success and what am I doing wrong?

As soon as I get home, I'm downloading.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004

No Gooey for Mac yet -- but it's coming soon!

Some people have problems using Gooey over a firewall, so we may want to have a regularly scheduled Java-based chat, and continue to use Gooey as an informal chat system while browsing the message board or the SDN sites.

Let me know what you think!

Hey Lee - I like it. Thanks for responding to all of the interest.

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

I really like the gooey chat...we need to get more people on it!!!!!