Goro’s guide to interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry for quoting you from a year ago, but I recently had an interview where I choked on water mid-question. I apologized to my interviewer for being nervous (first interview) as I tried to catch my breath in between coughing fits. I can't seem to stop replaying it in my head, but it probably (hopefully?) won't be a big deal in the grand scheme of things.....

Not to freak you out but I didn't get into the school I interviewed at where I blushed and got nervous. I got into a school though and I was nervous at all my interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pull up a chair and grad a cold one.

Interview season is here! Finally, here’s your chance to strut your stuff and show people why they should let you into their medical school. We take admissions interviews very seriously. Getting an invite means that we think you are academically prepared for medical school, and you meet the minimum demands of the profession's humanistic side by your numerous ECs.

The good news is that by getting an interview, you’ve survived a huge cut. Most interviewees represent 10-20% of the total applicant pool. And, at many places, just by setting foot on campus, you’re going to be accepted. But do NOT be complacent! People can and do bomb the interview.

Here’s some advice from experience gained over a decade of interviewing.

First, know the format. Some are 1 on 1, some are 2 on 1 or more. The interviewers may have your file, parts of your file, or be completely ignorant of what’s in your file. You may be also interviewed in a group of fellow potential students (which is how it’s done at my school). Your interviewers will most likely be faculty, with or without medical students on the panel, perhaps a layperson from the community, or a clinician not on the faculty.

You can get an idea of what the format is like, and the types of questions you’ll be asked by reading the Interview Questions section for the schools in SDN's Interview Feedback section: (http://schools.studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=medical).

For starters, here’s what you need to carry into the interview room:
-People skills.

-Being able to speak understandable English.

-Demonstrate that you know what you're getting into.

-Be familiar with the school. You’ll have to come up with a better answer to “why here?” than just “you invited me” or “I couldn’t get into (#1 choice school here).”

-Be yourself!

Be confident. Be poised.

-Know what's in your file.

-Listen carefully. I will ding interviewees severely if I ask them X and they answer Y. Here’s one example: sometimes I ask people what their hometown is. They interpret this as an opportunity to tell me their life story, when the question really was "so, Jack/Jill, where are you from?"

Be prepared to get stressed. Some people are sweetie pies, and some are hard-asses (like me). We deliberately rattle you to see how you handle stress. But there’s a difference between being probing, and being unprofessional.

Now, I'm sure someone is going to chime in that "yeah, but interviews are stressful", as if that’s going to excuse a poor performance. No doubt they are, but so is tying off a spurting artery on a MVA victim, or dealing with an acting-out psychotic patient. Thus, with all the people we interview for our limited number of seats, the seats go to those who display grace under pressure. Panic is not an option for a doctor; clear-headed thinking is.

Do not lie. We have your app in front of you (most of the time). We’re pretty good at catching liars. For example, Medicine can be a small community sometimes, and so your interviewer may actually know the person you shadowed.

If you’ve done research, you can very well expect to be asked about it. You should have an understanding of what you did, how you did it, what you found (if anything) and why you did it. If you were merely a tech following orders, and never engaged in any independent thinking, don’t pretend that you did.

Gravitas counts. Faculty and students don’t merely look at you as a potential student, but as a potential colleague. I try to image the interviewee wearing the white coat. I want to be comfortable with the idea of this person touching patients. I have a clinical colleague with a more earthy criteria: “would you want this person to do a prostate exam on your dad?”

Do NOT be arrogant. People who think that they're God's gift to Medicine do not go into Medicine.

We know the interview tricks, so please don’t try to digress the question from X into what great team player you are or how prepared you are. You’re more likely to get smacked back to the center.

If you’re in a group interview, pay attention when other people are speaking.

After the interview is over, don’t get your hopes up just because the interviewer is being polite. We're specifically told not to give any tip-offs that might give false hope. Any one interviewer’s comments could also be worthless, because the AdCom as a whole, or the Dean might overrule that interviewer.

Here are some things that get people rejected immediately:
Being unprofessional for any reason. This would include addressing a faculty member by their first name, or being rude to staff. The Admissions Office staff aren't there to hang up your coat or run to Starbucks for you. Another is chewing gum during the interview. If you have a dry mouth, suck on a lozenge instead. Even worse: Not taking the interview seriously, like showing up poorly dressed. This is suit and tie time (and nice dress/outfit/suit for the ladies). You're going into character. Yes, if the airline loses your luggage, we understand that.

Not making eye contact is also a no-no (yes I'm aware that in some cultures, one does not look elders in the eye, but this is the USA and you need to look people in the eye here).

Any hints of immaturity will be lethal for your chances. We expect you to be thoughtful and self-aware.

Would you admit the gal who, when asked a hypothetical, "What would you do in this situation?" answers, "Oh, that wouldn't happen."

Showing that you're greedy.

Showing any hint of entitlement. This includes the “I was accepted to XSOM, so what are you going to do for me?” The answer will be “Good luck and have fun at X.

Being clueless as to why you're choosing Medicine as a career.

Doing this because your mom/dad wants you to be a doctor (or don't think you can be doctor). Completely lacking people skills (4.0 automatons are a dime a dozen, really).

Showing that you're more interested in research than Medicine. This might be OK at Stanford, but it won’t fly at most other schools.

Still being the hyper-gunner...I rejected a 4.0 gal who wanted to answer the questions I asked of another person in the interview panel. I don't want to admit someone who will be in my office whining about how they got a 95 on an exam and deserved a 96.

Having a flat affect. This might be due to medication, or a mental or personality disorder. You ever meet someone who could never crack a smile? I don't want someone like that touching patients.

Copping an attitude. I asked a woman why she didn't have any volunteer experience. She replied that she was too busy working. Fair enough, some people have lives, but she copped an attitude while delivering this, and I just wrote down "reject".

Coming in with scripted answers and being unable to deviate from said script.

Being ill-prepared for fairly common interview questions (e.g. Why this school? Why Medicine?)

Thinking that always circling back to your accomplishments and how great you are impresses us.

Making excuses for misdeeds. We had rejected someone once who had some fairly benign misdemeanors, but chose to blame it on the policemen who gave him the tickets.

Being too shy or nervous.

Don’t do show and tell. I don’t want you pulling out a binder with your resume or portfolio. Let your application speak for you.

Being a babbling idiot. These are those people who can't answer a question concisely. I've sure you've met people like this...why bother using one word when ten will do? I suspect that these people are thinking for an answer while they're speaking, so the mouth is going while the brain tries to come up with something.

It’s OK to gather your thoughts, but it’s not OK to blank out. This group includes the people who do something like this (and I am NOT making this up!): goro: So tell me about this thing you did in Honduras? Interviewee: Well, we went there for a mission trip and...what was the question? goro: (thinking: reject!)
Or the guy who, when asked "How does your hobby relate to the practice of Medicine?", and can't even say "It doesn't", and definitely can't even BS an answer, but sits there in a coma?

During the interview day:
You’re interviewing the school as much as they’re interviewing you. You’re potentially going to give $250K+ and four years of your life to this place, so be sure to ask them questions especially to the students there, such as “why did you come here? Why didn't you go to the other schools you interviewed at? What are the best things? What are the worst things?” Ask this of Faculty too!

AFTER the interview:
This is where we, the Adcom comes in. We meet and go over the candidates. For >75% of you, you're in. The other 25% we talk about. Many of you will have passionate advocates. We look over and discuss anything problematic, like a low sGPA, or how you were a tad shy or nervous. If you're a borderline candidate, this is where a great set of LORs or essay may save you.

Unless the school specifically welcomes LOI or updates, your work is done. If you're waitlisted, don't pester them, lest you be seen as someone who can't follow simple directions, or feel so entitled that the rules don't apply to you. People do get off wait lists, but one more LOR, or having just gotten new job at the hospital isn't likely to convince the Dean of Admissions to move you up.

EDIT: And please, don't think you're God's gift to Medicine, and start wondering one month into the cycle as to why the schools haven't fallen all over themselves sending you secondaries or IIs. You're competing with 7000-15000 other applicants. Give the Admissions staff time to wade through the pile to get to your app. Start worrying if you haven't heard anything by Thanksgiving.

And always have a Plan B.

And good luck! I hope to meet some of you.

I know someone on admissions committee and Goro has absolutely echoed many of their sentiments.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is not having mandatory attendance and recorded lectures a legitimate reason for "why XYZ school?"

I learn best on my own and really don't get ANYTHING out of lectures.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is not having mandatory attendance and recorded lectures a legitimate reason for "why XYZ school?"

I learn best on my own and really don't get ANYTHING out of lectures.
At my school they are not mandatory, but you MUST listen to the lectures to do well in the class. I don't use any outside resources right now and am honoring. I don't go to class because I get distracted really easily and I like being able to pause and take really thorough notes or relisten to things. Also, it makes me feel like a respected adult who is capable of making good choices, which I appreciate.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

At my school they are not mandatory, but you MUST listen to the lectures to do well in the class. I don't use any outside resources right now and am honoring. I don't go to class because I get distracted really easily and I like being able to pause and take really thorough notes or relisten to things. Also, it makes me feel like a respected adult who is capable of making good choices, which I appreciate.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

I should have specified. I watch recorded lectures. I meant I get nothing out of going to lecture itself.

If we're interviewing at one of the schools that does prioritize research (especially the ones that require a research project to graduate), would you recommend coming to the interview with at least some rough proposals of projects we might do?

If we're interviewing at one of the schools that does prioritize research (especially the ones that require a research project to graduate), would you recommend coming to the interview with at least some rough proposals of projects we might do?

That certainly can't hurt you, but it may be a bit premature. But definitely know some faculty you may want to work with. I discussed this at an interview of mine and it wasn't a research powerhouse school. I have many years of research on my application, so when they asked about it, I discussed it, and I also said the work is similar to a few labs here, and who ran them.

I'd definitely know my own research (and entire application...) inside-and-out and be able to have a lengthy discussion about it, and maybe merge that into my research thesis for graduation purposes.

No. It would be rather presumptuous, in fact.

You should be able to talk about the research you've done, and the things that interest you.

Arriving <1 hour late after the allotted check-in time because got lost arriving to the school which was in another city. :bang:

"Thinking that always circling back to your accomplishments and how great you are impresses us."

Can you elaborate on this? What is the proper way to speak about accomplishments without it coming off as unprofessional or "bragging"?

"Thinking that always circling back to your accomplishments and how great you are impresses us."

Can you elaborate on this? What is the proper way to speak about accomplishments without it coming off as unprofessional or "bragging"?
Me (reading that candidate is from Chicago): So how about them Cubbies?
Them: The Cubs won by displaying excellent teamwork...which is what I did when I worked in Dr Johnson's lab for two years...

Moral of the story, if you are asked about X, keep the answer about X, and not you.

Reactions: 1 users
Me (reading that candidate is from Chicago): So how about them Cubbies?
Them: The Cubs won by displaying excellent teamwork...which is what I did when I worked in Dr Johnson's lab for two years...

Moral of the story, if you are asked about X, keep the answer about X, and not you.
Did that actually happen?! o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
Did that actually happen?! o_O
Not literally that conversation, but the example is illustrative of what I have seen people do. You could actually see them give the answer and then circle back to their CV, like a vulture riding a thermal over a carcass. One Adcom member told us that one interviewee did this for every question thrown at him/her. I believe that person was outright rejected.

The technique is a business interview technique which may work fine for business job interviews, but is catastrophic for med schools...it comes off as single-mindedness, plus an inability to answer a question in a coherent manner.

Is it okay to repeat stuff on your application during your interview? For instance, the interviewer asks how you demonstrate leadership and you start talking about your leadership role in a team research project that you wrote an essay about in the supplemental app. I want to give examples/tell a story during the interview but don't want to come off as just repeating things from my resume. (Don't want to the interviewer to think "wow this kid is just recounting the same experiences, next".)

Is it okay to repeat stuff on your application during your interview? For instance, the interviewer asks how you demonstrate leadership and you start talking about your leadership role in a team research project that you wrote an essay about in the supplemental app. I want to give examples/tell a story during the interview but don't want to come off as just repeating things from my resume. (Don't want to the interviewer to think "wow this kid is just recounting the same experiences, next".)

Not Goro, but my guess is that this would be fine if it's a closed-file interview.

Is it normal to bring in luggage (I promise it's small) and store them somewhere during interviews? Can't keep it at student host's place / already checked out of hotel in the morning.

Is it normal to bring in luggage (I promise it's small) and store them somewhere during interviews? Can't keep it at student host's place / already checked out of hotel in the morning.
Yes it's pretty common to do this and the admissions office will usually have a place for you to stash it.

Reactions: 1 users
If someone asks you a question, you are expected to answer it. But you should be able to handle follow-up questions. We have rejected people who simply kept returning to their app, no matter what the question was. Very one-dimensional people, they were.

I've never once seen someone bring luggage intot he interview room, so I surmise what wysdoc has said is the case.

I apologize if this was already discussed but what's the difference between being interviewed by a member of the adcom and one who is a professor not on the adcom?

Also is it easy for interviewers to tell when you're nervous? We got along great but a question she asked me I froze on and didn't articulate an answer I should have. I was hoping I'd get a little slack but you never know.

Kind of relating to the Cubs example. If you are asked about hobbies or passions, should you even try to relate back to medicine at all? Even a quick sentence?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm a pre-dent but I guess the medical school interview process is close enough.

1. Is it really going to hurt me if I don't smile during the interview aside from the occasional half-grin (unless the adcoms make a joke and laugh themselves obviously)? Only half of my lip moves unless I'm laughing hysterically and personally if I were to laugh/smile it would be insincere and look pretty forced. I don't want them to think I'm "flat" or a sociopath. Plus, frankly, I take the entire process very seriously. I'm by no means the bubbly, cutsie pre-med/dent you see in Youtube music videos.

2. If they ask for hobbies is it acceptable to incorporate them into something related to the field? Or will they think you're lying? Is it better to just say "Oh I like to paint...it helps with my hand skills" rather than "I like to read, specifically on business models blah blah"?

I apologize if this was already discussed but what's the difference between being interviewed by a member of the adcom and one who is a professor not on the adcom?
Adcom members can be members of the community and not Faculty (whether clinician or not).
Adcom members can be students
Adcom members can be Deans (who are not faculty)
Adcom members can be faculty who are either PhDs or MDs.

If a professor isn't on the Adcom, then that person will have no influence on your fate.

Also is it easy for interviewers to tell when you're nervous?
Yes.

We got along great but a question she asked me I froze on and didn't articulate an answer I should have. I was hoping I'd get a little slack but you never know.
Froze like deer in the headlights froze? If so, that's not good.

Kind of relating to the Cubs example. If you are asked about hobbies or passions, should you even try to relate back to medicine at all? Even a quick sentence?
People who try to relate every answer back to Medicine when the questions have nothing to do with medicine will get rejected. Simply put, we expect you to have good listening skills. This is a required competency for both medical students and residents.

1. Is it really going to hurt me if I don't smile during the interview aside from the occasional half-grin (unless the adcoms make a joke and laugh themselves obviously)? Only half of my lip moves unless I'm laughing hysterically and personally if I were to laugh/smile it would be insincere and look pretty forced. I don't want them to think I'm "flat" or a sociopath. Plus, frankly, I take the entire process very seriously. I'm by no means the bubbly, cutsie pre-med/dent you see in Youtube music videos.

Hard to answer without seeing you in action. We have rejected people with a flat affect.

2. If they ask for hobbies is it acceptable to incorporate them into something related to the field? Or will they think you're lying? Is it better to just say "Oh I like to paint...it helps with my hand skills" rather than "I like to read, specifically on business models blah blah"?

See above answer. We tend to have pretty good BS detectors, and one of the goals of interviews is to weed out people who can't think beyond the concrete.

Thanks for all the info Goro.

So after 3 interviews last cycle, one if which I thought I had a good rapport, fit the school, had a solid answer for all my questions I got wait-listed. I'm kind of baffled, though it could be bad luck, bad essays, a lot of things... one thing that occurred to me is I'm a bit of an introvert. I do like to think I can crack a smile, and do human things like talk about books, TV, etc. Though I know I'm not going to high-five my way into the room and talk about sports and the local night-life.

What's the difference between being 'shy and nervous' that its a red flag, and just being a little more subdued? What's a red flag when someone is a little more reserved?

If we are asked the "tell me about yourself" question, should we discuss why medicine or just talk about our background, upbringing, personal qualities and talents?
Do you recommend that we keep the medicine part out of it?

So after 3 interviews last cycle, one if which I thought I had a good rapport, fit the school, had a solid answer for all my questions I got wait-listed. I'm kind of baffled, though it could be bad luck, bad essays, a lot of things... one thing that occurred to me is I'm a bit of an introvert. I do like to think I can crack a smile, and do human things like talk about books, TV, etc. Though I know I'm not going to high-five my way into the room and talk about sports and the local night-life.

What's the difference between being 'shy and nervous' that its a red flag, and just being a little more subdued? What's a red flag when someone is a little more reserved?
Society discriminates against introverts.

People who get rejected for being "shy" do not project themselves in a matter that we feel is appropriate for a doctor. Look at it this way. You're going to have to do things like tell someone that their loved one is idea, has stage IV cancer, has to lose a limb, will never get out of that wheelchair, deal with angry or acting out patients. It's OK to be shy, but there are limits, and it's up to the interviewer to define them.

Nervous is related to the above, but you can't afford to be nervous and go blank when you're dealing with a spurting artery from an MVA victim, or dealing with an acting out psychotic. We select for people who display grace under pressure.

If we are asked the "tell me about yourself" question, should we discuss why medicine or just talk about our background, upbringing, personal qualities and talents?
Do you recommend that we keep the medicine part out of it?

We expect you to be able to understand the questions we ask you. You tell me.

People who get rejected for being "shy" do not project themselves in a matter that we feel is appropriate for a doctor. Look at it this way. You're going to have to do things like tell someone that their loved one is idea, has stage IV cancer, has to lose a limb, will never get out of that wheelchair, deal with angry or acting out patients. It's OK to be shy, but there are limits, and it's up to the interviewer to define them.

Nervous is related to the above, but you can't afford to be nervous and go blank when you're dealing with a spurting artery from an MVA victim, or dealing with an acting out psychotic. We select for people who display grace under pressure.

We expect you to be able to understand the questions we ask you. You tell me.
I plan on starting with some background information then focus more on describing the kind of person I am and leave my motivation for medicine to the "why medicine" question. Is this the way to go?

If asked for reasons why I decided to transfer colleges should I be honest and say the first school wasn't challenging enough and I wanted smaller class sizes because that's what I'm used to (going from a large public university to small private college). Or would the school not being challenging or too easy sound bad?

If asked for reasons why I decided to transfer colleges should I be honest and say the first school wasn't challenging enough and I wanted smaller class sizes because that's what I'm used to (going from a large public university to small private college). Or would the school not being challenging or too easy sound bad?
Always tell the truth, and faith in yourself too.

How much back-to-back interviewing is too much? Right now the final two weeks of September are crazy for me, and I'm considering fitting one more interview in NYC into my schedule, the day after an interview in Boston. It's for a school that explicitly states that they do not have rolling admissions, so the only reason to do things sooner rather than later would be to minimize travel costs. My concern is that I'd have limited time pre-NY interview to focus on reviewing that school's stuff.

How much back-to-back interviewing is too much? Right now the final two weeks of September are crazy for me, and I'm considering fitting one more interview in NYC into my schedule, the day after an interview in Boston. It's for a school that explicitly states that they do not have rolling admissions, so the only reason to do things sooner rather than later would be to minimize travel costs. My concern is that I'd have limited time pre-NY interview to focus on reviewing that school's stuff.
Very hard question to answer. I suspect that everything will depend upon your stamina.

Drive from boston to NYC is gunna be a stretch especially if youre trying to leave around 5pm. I say nay

Going through the interview feedback section I found an interesting question: "What should I tell the committee about you?" Other than something stupid and cutesy like "Accept this applicant immediately!" what is an effective response to this kind of question?

My instinct is to go into how I'm a perfect fit for the school due to X, Y, Z. Or should I tackle it more like a diversity prompt, "What can I bring for your school?" I feel like outlining, with evidence, why I'm a good fit makes a stronger case than fitting three billiard balls into my mouth or whatever.

Going through the interview feedback section I found an interesting question: "What should I tell the committee about you?" Other than something stupid and cutesy like "Accept this applicant immediately!" what is an effective response to this kind of question?

My instinct is to go into how I'm a perfect fit for the school due to X, Y, Z. Or should I tackle it more like a diversity prompt, "What can I bring for your school?" I feel like outlining, with evidence, why I'm a good fit makes a stronger case than fitting three billiard balls into my mouth or whatever.
You have to figure that one out on your own!

You have to figure that one out on your own!

legitimate question:

tell me about yourself is an interesting and broad question. i really wouldnt know what to include and what not to include, and how long to make the answer. any tips on any of this? and no i do not mean what to include as in why i want to do medicine. just what are the most important things i should touch on in this question?

legitimate question:

tell me about yourself is an interesting and broad question. i really wouldnt know what to include and what not to include, and how long to make the answer. any tips on any of this? and no i do not mean what to include as in why i want to do medicine. just what are the most important things i should touch on in this question?

Keep it to a minute or two at most. What you tell them is what you feel like describes you most. Just be honest and say what you feel. No wrong answers here

legitimate question:

Suppose that you had 1-2 mins to answer this question to a long lost relative. What would you say?

Suppose that you had 1-2 mins to answer this question to a long lost relative. What would you say?
How should we absolutely NOT answer this question? Any stories of bombs here?
One thing NOT to do is not answer the question. Meaning, when you get asked a question about a specific thing, don't give an answer to a different question.

BTW, because this is a common question that is one that generates canned answers, we never use it.

I have a low MCAT and flubbed up in organic chemistry in college. I've been blessed to have gotten a handful of interviews, but I've been pretty intimated in my open file interviews because 9/10 of the time, these shortcomings are brought up and it makes me self conscious. What are some ways to combat that?

Also, I feel like in general I'm just nervous for my open file interviews for that reason. I just feel very judged.
You tell the truth, and don't make excuses.

Sometimes the grades are brought up because they're outliers in an otherwise fine transcript. Like a smudge on a blank canvas.

BTW, you're going to be judged during your entire professional career. Interviews are just the start.

Had an interview and was asked about the difference between my subpar science GPA and solid MCAT scores. I explained how it took me time to develop my study skills and how an upward trend (avg sGPA of junior+senior years is 0.3 higher than average sGPA of freshman+sophomore years) showed that improvement. Is that a good answer @Goro ?

First time I've been asked about my grades on the interview trail so very nervous ahead of hearing back that I may have torpedoed myself or something.

Had an interview and was asked about the difference between my subpar science GPA and solid MCAT scores. I explained how it took me time to develop my study skills and how an upward trend (avg sGPA of junior+senior years is 0.3 higher than average sGPA of freshman+sophomore years) showed that improvement. Is that a good answer @Goro ?

First time I've been asked about my grades on the interview trail so very nervous ahead of hearing back that I may have torpedoed myself or something.
Perfectly fine!

It's very common to ask about discrepancies or outliers. For example, in the Interview feedback forum, you see "What's up with that C in Organic Chemistry? [or other course] is a very common interview question, especially at Really Top Schools. A C in a sea of A's stand out. It's out of character, and hence, prime interview question fodder.

Perfectly fine!

It's very common to ask about discrepancies or outliers. For example, in the Interview feedback forum, you see "What's up with that C in Organic Chemistry? [or other course] is a very common interview question, especially at Really Top Schools. A C in a sea of A's stand out. It's out of character, and hence, prime interview question fodder.

Thanks for the feedback! I knew it was coming eventually but it still got me a bit nervous.

Hopefully I hear good news this week :D

I remember at the very end of the interview I got asked about my hobbies. I gave a short clarification and got a smile and a nod. The whole thing flustered me. I think I was able to get back on track and we had a good discussion about the curriculum afterwards, but that little exchange just gave me a sinking feeling afterwards. The financial presentation and tour were torture.

If an interviewer doesn't engage you on something is it best just to let it go? I felt like to make it seem interesting I should have really elaborated, but I didn't want to really deviate beyond the bounds of the question.

I remember at the very end of the interview I got asked about my hobbies. I gave a short clarification and got a smile and a nod. The whole thing flustered me. I think I was able to get back on track and we had a good discussion about the curriculum afterwards, but that little exchange just gave me a sinking feeling afterwards. The financial presentation and tour were torture.

If an interviewer doesn't engage you on something is it best just to let it go? I felt like to make it seem interesting I should have really elaborated, but I didn't want to really deviate beyond the bounds of the question.
Interviewers are under no obligation to ask you about everything in your app, nor ask questions to which you already have the answers and are dying to give. Nor are they obligated to ask followup questions.

Goro - Any thoughts on MMIs? I had my first this week. I found it stressful, but I find any interviews stressful. I do like the idea that one bad interview doesn’t mean you are done for. Is this still a “be yourself” situation?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile