Goro's advice for pre-meds who need reinvention

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sounds good, they are both 1 year, is the length youre referring to the program length?
Yup

Also , after the rutgers program, do you think I would have a good chance at DO schools when I apply?
If you do well, then yes.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about the kind of upper division science courses you take as a reinventor. Are all upper division science courses weighed similarly?
Pretty much, yeah.

Between the option of taking less rigorous and easier classes, such as Zoology, Biology of Human Aging (for nonmajors), Biotechnology, etc., and classes that are much more rigorous but also demonstrate mastery if done well (at a top grade-deflated public school), such as Immunology, Parasitology, Cell Nucleus Biology, and Virology, do the more challenging classes give an application a boost?
What do you think????
BTW, Adcoms have no idea if a schools is grade inflating or deflating.

If I can demonstrate that I can do well and receive A's in the latter courses, would that be worth the effort and money over the "easier" classes to help stand out as a reinventor, or is the difference so minimal that I should just go with the path of least resistance (within reason)? Thank you for your advice.
You owe it to yourself to show that you can handle med school. Will getting As in easy courses do that?????

I have a question about the kind of upper division science courses you take as a reinventor. Are all upper division science courses weighed similarly?
Pretty much, yeah.

Between the option of taking less rigorous and easier classes, such as Zoology, Biology of Human Aging (for nonmajors), Biotechnology, etc., and classes that are much more rigorous but also demonstrate mastery if done well (at a top grade-deflated public school), such as Immunology, Parasitology, Cell Nucleus Biology, and Virology, do the more challenging classes give an application a boost?
What do you think????
BTW, Adcoms have no idea if a schools is grade inflating or deflating.

If I can demonstrate that I can do well and receive A's in the latter courses, would that be worth the effort and money over the "easier" classes to help stand out as a reinventor, or is the difference so minimal that I should just go with the path of least resistance (within reason)? Thank you for your advice.
You owe it to yourself to show that you can handle med school. Will getting As in easy courses do that?????

Thanks for the reply, @Goro . You mentioned reinventing isn't about GPA anymore. If that's the case, then taking immunology/virology/parasitology classes and bringing your GPA up to 3.4x is more worth it than taking less rigorous upper divisions and bringing it up to a 3.50, right?

Or, if all upper divisions are weighed the same, then would it be better to just take evolutionary bio, biotech, human aging, etc. and get it up to a 3.5?

Just trying to optimize my next year or two. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply, @Goro . You mentioned reinventing isn't about GPA anymore. If that's the case, then taking immunology/virology/parasitology classes and bringing your GPA up to 3.4x is more worth it than taking less rigorous upper divisions and bringing it up to a 3.50, right?

Or, if all upper divisions are weighed the same, then would it be better to just take evolutionary bio, biotech, human aging, etc. and get it up to a 3.5?

He is saying to take the harder classes not for the GPA repair but for yourself. You can show the medical schools you are ready for them. But can you show yourself?

Reactions: 1 users
I am a non traditional student. I graduated and then came back to school for premed. Since being back over the last 5 years I’ve gotten a 3.85 cGPA and a 3.83 sGPA. Overall I have around a 3.7 in both. I will graduate with my 2nd bachelors in the fall and will be applying to med schools this summer. How will this upward trend look? Do they take note of how long the upward trend is or just look at the last couple years?

Also I got an unbalanced 508 MCAT score of 126/124/126/132. Unfortunately my C/P dropped on test day (heavy conceptual physics). Should I retake the MCAT?

He is saying to take the harder classes not for the GPA repair but for yourself. You can show the medical schools you are ready for them. But can you show yourself?

Yeah I get that, but my neurotic side is wondering if there's a difference between 3.4x and a 3.50 as a reinventor. I'm guessing no, but the desire for confirmation is a b**** lol.

Not all upper level courses are the same. I wouldn't take a Biotech course seriously, any more than I would one in Seminars in Neuroscience, Journal Club, Limnology or Advanced Ecology.

Focus: take courses that mimic those of med school.

Reactions: 1 user
Not all upper level courses are the same. I wouldn't take a Biotech course seriously, any more than I would one in Seminars in Neuroscience, Journal Club, Limnology or Advanced Ecology.

How do ADCOMs look at differing upper division courses? Biotechnology seems to have a negative stigma associated with it, but at my university Biotech is a year long series in which it is all based around developing a project utilizing gene technologies (CRISPR, Plasmids etc.) and implementing that project as a student-driven research project.

What is Biotech that other schools use that gives it a stigma?

That's what I thought, too. The idea of "path of least resistance" just didn't make any sense if I'm trying to prove you reinvented yourself.

For a reinventor, there is no difference between 3.4x and 3.50, right @Goro ?

I'll just bite the bullet with money and go with the more difficult classes. Thanks for your help!

How do ADCOMs look at differing upper division courses? Biotechnology seems to have a negative stigma associated with it, but at my university Biotech is a year long series in which it is all based around developing a project utilizing gene technologies (CRISPR, Plasmids etc.) and implementing that project as a student-driven research project.

What is Biotech that other schools use that gives it a stigma?
BioTech is merely learning about protocols in the principles behind them.

This in no way shows me that you can handle microbiology + histology + pathology + Neuroscience etcetera etcetera

BioTech is merely learning about protocols in the principles behind them.

This in no way shows me that you can handle microbiology + histology + pathology + Neuroscience etcetera etcetera
Gotcha.

Difficulty of class =/= shows preparedness

I am a non traditional student. I graduated and then came back to school for premed. Since being back over the last 5 years I’ve gotten a 3.85 cGPA and a 3.83 sGPA. Overall I have around a 3.7 in both. I will graduate with my 2nd bachelors in the fall and will be applying to med schools this summer. How will this upward trend look? Do they take note of how long the upward trend is or just look at the last couple years?

Also I got an unbalanced 508 MCAT score of 126/124/126/132. Unfortunately my C/P dropped on test day (heavy conceptual physics). Should I retake the MCAT?

@Goro what do you think? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro

First, I wanted to thank you for this thread--it's amazing how you've spent so much of your own time providing advice to so many students. We all really appreciate your help!

I was wondering if you could take a look at my situation. I'm a non-traditional student, I graduated about 5 years ago with a 2.8 GPA and a humanities major, but I did take Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry and did about C+ level work (with the exception of an F in Orgo II and an A- in Physics I). I got very bored of school very quickly and spent a lot of time working as an intern at a commercial health insurance company, which partially contributed to my poor grades. I also graduated one semester early.

After graduating, I worked for that and another company for a while, and I gained deep insight into the business behind both commercial and public healthcare and payments. I don't want to get too in-depth and doxx myself but my experiences are quite unique, and I played a significant role in a major change that strongly impacted a large portion of public business for nearly all of the providers in my state. I also have paid clinical experience from work I've done on the weekends.

I recently completed a 8 lab course certificate post-bacc program with a 4.0 GPA at one of the schools in my city (not the best one, but ranked top 50 by US News); 6 of the courses, however, were courses I did poorly in previously and 2 were upper level biology courses that I hadn't taken. I've been studying for the MCAT, and while I'm not taking it for another couple of months, I got a 520 on the first official full-length exam.

I applied to and was admitted to an SMP at one of the medical schools in my city, but unfortunately it does not provide a linkage (the other SMP at a medical school in my city also does not provide a linkage). I was planning to go as I didn't anticipate being able to get 520+ on the MCAT. Of course, I don't have a score yet, but I need to accept or turn down the SMP in the next week.

My question is this: assuming I can do consistently well on the MCAT, would it be possible to get into a medical school applying this round? I know the best path would probably be to go for the SMP but that would be putting a significant financial burden on my spouse and I earlier than expected, and I don't want to drag my preparation out any longer than I have to. We would prefer to stay in our general region of the country but in the end I'll take what I can get and plan to apply broadly regarding both location and MD/DO (with the exception of the Caribbean). You've also provided several times a list of schools that reward reinvention, and I would definitely apply to all of them (except those that don't really take OOS students).

Once again, I really appreciate all of your replies, they've already helped guide my path so far and I'm sure they've done the same for many other students.

@Goro

First, I wanted to thank you for this thread--it's amazing how you've spent so much of your own time providing advice to so many students. We all really appreciate your help!

I was wondering if you could take a look at my situation. I'm a non-traditional student, I graduated about 5 years ago with a 2.8 GPA and a humanities major, but I did take Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry and did about C+ level work (with the exception of an F in Orgo II and an A- in Physics I). I got very bored of school very quickly and spent a lot of time working as an intern at a commercial health insurance company, which partially contributed to my poor grades. I also graduated one semester early.

After graduating, I worked for that and another company for a while, and I gained deep insight into the business behind both commercial and public healthcare and payments. I don't want to get too in-depth and doxx myself but my experiences are quite unique, and I played a significant role in a major change that strongly impacted a large portion of public business for nearly all of the providers in my state. I also have paid clinical experience from work I've done on the weekends.

I recently completed a 8 lab course certificate post-bacc program with a 4.0 GPA at one of the schools in my city (not the best one, but ranked top 50 by US News); 6 of the courses, however, were courses I did poorly in previously and 2 were upper level biology courses that I hadn't taken. I've been studying for the MCAT, and while I'm not taking it for another couple of months, I got a 520 on the first official full-length exam.

I applied to and was admitted to an SMP at one of the medical schools in my city, but unfortunately it does not provide a linkage (the other SMP at a medical school in my city also does not provide a linkage). I was planning to go as I didn't anticipate being able to get 520+ on the MCAT. Of course, I don't have a score yet, but I need to accept or turn down the SMP in the next week.

My question is this: assuming I can do consistently well on the MCAT, would it be possible to get into a medical school applying this round? I know the best path would probably be to go for the SMP but that would be putting a significant financial burden on my spouse and I earlier than expected, and I don't want to drag my preparation out any longer than I have to. We would prefer to stay in our general region of the country but in the end I'll take what I can get and plan to apply broadly regarding both location and MD/DO (with the exception of the Caribbean). You've also provided several times a list of schools that reward reinvention, and I would definitely apply to all of them (except those that don't really take OOS students).

Once again, I really appreciate all of your replies, they've already helped guide my path so far and I'm sure they've done the same for many other students.
What were the courses you took in the post-bac? How many hours total? It's possible that you might not need the SMP

What were the courses you took in the post-bac? How many hours total? It's possible that you might not need the SMP
The courses were General Chemistry I and II, Biology I and II, Organic Chemistry I and II, Biochemistry, and Genetics and Molecular Biology (one class). They were all lab classes worth 4 hours each so 32 hours total.

The courses were General Chemistry I and II, Biology I and II, Organic Chemistry I and II, Biochemistry, and Genetics and Molecular Biology (one class). They were all lab classes worth 4 hours each so 32 hours total.
With a good MCAT, that should be enough!
As a reinventor, you will need to have your state MD schools and DO schools on your list.

Come back when you have your score, and then we can advise on that. And good luck!

With a good MCAT, that should be enough!
As a reinventor, you will need to have your state MD schools and DO schools on your list.

Come back when you have your score, and then we can advise on that. And good luck!
Sounds good, I'll skip the SMP for now and focus hard on getting the best possible MCAT. Thank you again Goro!

Native American./Afr. American
Your state schools
ALL HBCs (including Drew)
IF you have a tribal ID card and service to Native American communities: ORH&S
Mt Sinai
U VA
Mayo
U MI
Case
U VM
U Toledo
USF Morsani
OH State
UCF
U Cincy
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
Seton Hall
MCW
Loyola
Emory
BU
Duke
Pitt
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD

hi @Goro! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’ll try to explain everything as concisely as possible.

I am currently a second semester junior studying molecular and cellular biology. Throughout my freshman and sophomore years I did not do as amazing as I could have, but I have had an upward trend starting junior year. My first question is concerning my major. 1. Would medical schools be wary of me changing my major from biology to psychology (it’s actully cognitive neuroscience but it is still under psychology if that makes sense)? Of course my gpa jumps, but do med schools care about that? I am still taking the pre-reqs, but have found that I am way more interested in my psychology/ neuroscience classes.

So with my major change, I’d have a major gpa of 3.40 and a cGPA of 2.6. I know I need to get that cGPA school way higher and I am using my remaining time here to retake classes and boost my GPA. I am willing to stay extra time in my undergrad as well to help boost my GPA. Does that sound like a good idea?
My next question is it seems like my best option will be post bac? or SMP? Will it be possible to boost my GPA to where it needs to be?

I have not taken the MCAT yet as I have not finished the pre-reqs. Some post bac schools require them, what should I do about that?
I am just a bit confused and worried I messed up too badly during my first two years to turn this around? Do I even have a chance at med school at all with these stats? Any advice on how to go about everything?

Also how important are leadership roles on applications? I am in 2 pre medical clubs and one volunteering club, but no leadership roles within them. I also work as a pharmacy technician. I have shadowed 4 different doctors as well. What ways do you suggest improving this section of my application?

Thanks for reading this!

. 1. Would medical schools be wary of me changing my major from biology to psychology (it’s actully cognitive neuroscience but it is still under psychology if that makes sense)? Of course my gpa jumps, but do med schools care about that? I am still taking the pre-reqs, but have found that I am way more interested in my psychology/ neuroscience classes.

Med schools don't care about your major, only that you do well.

So with my major change, I’d have a major gpa of 3.40 and a cGPA of 2.6. I know I need to get that cGPA school way higher and I am using my remaining time here to retake classes and boost my GPA. I am willing to stay extra time in my undergrad as well to help boost my GPA. Does that sound like a good idea?

yes. It's NOT major GPA that counts, but sGPA and cGPA. And in particular, how you do from now on.

My next question is it seems like my best option will be post bac? or SMP?
They both have their plusses and minuses. I lean to the SMP because it's a backdoor into the host med school.

Will it be possible to boost my GPA to where it needs to be?
It's not about boosting the GPA anymore, but showing the you of now is not the you of then.

I have not taken the MCAT yet as I have not finished the pre-reqs. Some post bac schools require them, what should I do about that?
I recommend taking the MCAT either before or after the post-bac, and NOT during. Do NOT take the exam until you are 100% ready.

I am just a bit confused and worried I messed up too badly during my first two years to turn this around? Do I even have a chance at med school at all with these stats? Any advice on how to go about everything?
Go back and re-read my guide.

Also how important are leadership roles on applications? I am in 2 pre medical clubs and one volunteering club, but no leadership roles within them.
Personally, I think it's overrated.

I also work as a pharmacy technician. I have shadowed 4 different doctors as well. What ways do you suggest improving this section of my application?
Engage in service to others less fortunate than yourself.

Goro, thanks for all you do. Do you think I’m on the right track here for reinvention?

cGPA ~3.7
sGPA ~3.2
Washington State, not URM
Military veteran

Gen Chem and Physics are As and Bs from 10 years ago. The formal post-bac I’m looking at wants me to retake those series, and they have a very elementary “Preparatory Chemistry” admissions requirement they want me to take at a community college first. Here is what the schedule would look like:

Year 0: Prep Chem at a CC (6 credits!)

Year 1: Gen Chem retake, Physics retake, Bio for the first time, possible math retake, sociology

Year 2: Orgo, Biochem, Cell Bio, Genetics (all for the first time)

Here’s my concern: will adcoms think I’m just trying to pad my science GPA, since 25-30 of these credits are retakes of old A’s/B’s, essentially “gimme’s”?

The other option is to DIY a postbac at U Washington, but I have heard horror stories about not getting registered for needed classes and taking a year or two longer than matriculated students. Please advise?

Goro, thanks for all you do. Do you think I’m on the right track here for reinvention?

cGPA ~3.7
sGPA ~3.2
Washington State, not URM
Military veteran

Gen Chem and Physics are As and Bs from 10 years ago. The formal post-bac I’m looking at wants me to retake those series, and they have a very elementary “Preparatory Chemistry” admissions requirement they want me to take at a community college first. Here is what the schedule would look like:

Year 0: Prep Chem at a CC (6 credits!)

Year 1: Gen Chem retake, Physics retake, Bio for the first time, possible math retake, sociology

Year 2: Orgo, Biochem, Cell Bio, Genetics (all for the first time)

Here’s my concern: will adcoms think I’m just trying to pad my science GPA, since 25-30 of these credits are retakes of old A’s/B’s, essentially “gimme’s”?

The other option is to DIY a postbac at U Washington, but I have heard horror stories about not getting registered for needed classes and taking a year or two longer than matriculated students. Please advise?
I recommend going with the post-bac program. I suspect that your're rusty with the old pre-reqs (which do expire for a number of med schools).

If a school has a rep for not being able to having room for people to take classes, it's best to avoid that school.

I recommend going with the post-bac program. I suspect that your're rusty with the old pre-reqs (which do expire for a number of med schools).

If a school has a rep for not being able to having room for people to take classes, it's best to avoid that school.
Thank you, Goro! Post-bac it is. I feel much better now.

Coming back and reading this always helps calm my old-lady anxiety. Trying to balance the urge to DO IT ALL NOW versus taking my time and working on the DIY postbac while continuing to work is tough. This is always a great reminder that there's a reason I made plans and should stick with them.

I'm currently of the mindset that an SMP is only worth it if there's a direct route into the associated medical school (not just an interview) provided certain benchmarks are met. Otherwise, just keep on taking those night classes. Slow, but I can afford it.

Thanks again for all of your hard work Goro!

p.s. Your cat is amazing. Black cats are best cats.

A shoutout "Thank you" to @Goro for making this guide. This guide has provided encouragements and real advices for me to follow through and eventually get accepted into DO this cycle. For those of you who are re-inventing, don't lose hope! Make a use of these advices, and your app will shine as a re-inventor.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thank you so much for this guide!
I am a career-changer (link to my original post a while back) from English to MD with a 3.7 cGPA and no sciences.

About the courses listed on the first page: should they be taken in addition to the general sciences?

I want to attend a formal post-bac program and I believe that they start with the introductory courses first (which sounds reasonable to me), but there’s only so much you can take in a one year period and I worry adcoms expect higher level coursework.

Plus I’d love to go straight into courses like Anatomy and Immunilogy first because that’s the really good stuff, but it looks risky.

remember its a marathon and not a sprint. i managed to get 5 acceptances this year and outside of the basics , bio, chem, calc, organic, physics, biochemistry, i only had a few upper level classes. the key is doing well on them like A's and doing well on your MCAT. during my interview trail there were several non-traditional majors that only really had their pre-requisites done science wise.

Reactions: 3 users
remember its a marathon and not a sprint. i managed to get 5 acceptances this year and outside of the basics , bio, chem, calc, organic, physics, biochemistry, i only had a few upper level classes.

Congrats on the acceptances! :clap:

Thank you for looking at my question. I’ll focus on the MCAT and acing the courses that come my way in the post-bac.

By the way, “It’s a marathon, not a sprint” should be the forum header. Every time I read it I’m reminded of why I’m doing this and that I want to actually enjoy the journey, even if it’s a tough one.

Good to hear there were other non-traditional majors along the trail as well.

Hi All,
I was hoping for guidance as a new pre-med student in undergrad (third year) and what my options/chances are for becoming more competitive. I haven't completed as much as other pre med students at my university but any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Background: URM (naturalized african immigrant), female, interested in sports medicine,
Current Stats:
major: exercise science (Kinesiology)

cGPA: 3.448 sGPA: unsure since I've transferred several times, the points don't show up on my transcript best guess 3.1

Biology: A&P 1 ( B+) A&P 2 (B) Bio 1 (B) microbio taking this summer
Chemistry: Gen Chemistry 1 ( B-) V Gen Chem 2 taking this summer Orgo 1+2 Fall 2019
Math: Statistics (B) Precalculus (C)
Physics: Physics 1 (B+) Physics 2 currently taking, expecting B-

I typically average a A-/B+ in classes for my major

Experience:
1 year as a physical therapy technician
3 months volunteering as a technician
- shadowing an orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine physician this summer
- volunteering in Kenya and Nigeria during winter break
- research in biomechanics and therapeutic rehab this fall
- plan to scribe in my gap year

Have yet to take the Mcat, debating when's the best time to start studying if I plan to apply next year without sacrificing my performance in my last year in undergrad.

@Goro any advice?
Try to improve the sGPA.
Engage in service to others here in the US

Hello again everyone.

I noticed many post-bacs for career changers require SAT/GRE scores. Growing up in PR, I didn’t take the tests. I wonder if I should take the GRE before applying, or perhaps I can find a good program that doesn’t require them.

Not sure how non-trads are evaluated in these admissions scenarios to make sure that they can handle the course load, beyond cGPA?

Last edited:
Hey @Goro

I'm currently going into my last semester. At a 2.9 cGPA and 2.6 sGPA (Cell and Molecular Biology Major). And I need to know if a formal post-bacc or a DIY would be better for my situation. And if I end up doing the DIY option, how many units should I take?

Hey @Goro

I'm currently going into my last semester. At a 2.9 cGPA and 2.6 sGPA (Cell and Molecular Biology Major). And I need to know if a formal post-bacc or a DIY would be better for my situation. And if I end up doing the DIY option, how many units should I take?
Formal post-bac is better for career changers. DIY is easier on the wallet.

Take about 30 credits/hrs.

Hello again everyone.

I noticed many post-bacs for career changers require SAT/GRE scores. Growing up in PR, I didn’t take the tests. I wonder if I should take the GRE before applying, or perhaps I can find a good program that doesn’t require them.

Not sure how non-trads are evaluated in these admissions scenarios to make sure that they can handle the course load, beyond cGPA?
can;t really talk about admissions to SMPs as these will vary from program to program.

But for med school, it's all about the GPA

So I'm finally at the end of my post-bacc and am applying this cycle. I'm a completely different applicant than I would have been if I had applied straight after graduation from undergrad!

Now, with that in mind I am finishing up my Activities for my Primaries. I just got some advice to list each conference as a separate activity. I was told by the dean of admissions of my dream school that they don't like bullet points and want to see what was learned from the activities in the Primary. With that in mind and the fact I have four current conferences, should I still list each one separately? Or, in this case, post them together? I also have more than 15 activities, but am applying MD/PhD. Is it better to take up Activity space with the conferences to emphasize research (as long as the conference legitimately has something for me to speak about, of course)? I'm kind of thinking with the way my ad comms look at things I may want to combine those conferences with my publications.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I want to present all of my hard work the best way possible!

What effect does having a high (say >3.9) DIY post-bacc GPA have on an applicant who has a slightly lower than average (~3.5-6) cGPA (including post-bacc classes)?

Edit: sGPA is also >3.9.

Last edited:
Formal post-bac is better for career changers. DIY is easier on the wallet.

Take about 30 credits/hrs.

Would you say I should take 30 units (semester) at local university, then take the MCAT? And depending on the MCAT score, apply to both MD/DO? I'm worried that MD/DO schools are going to look into my undergrad and my application won't make the cut. Should I just not pay too much attention to my undergrad GPA when I apply? Because I feel like 30 units will not raise my cGPA or sGPA enough.

Would you say I should take 30 units (semester) at local university, then take the MCAT? And depending on the MCAT score, apply to both MD/DO? I'm worried that MD/DO schools are going to look into my undergrad and my application won't make the cut. Should I just not pay too much attention to my undergrad GPA when I apply? Because I feel like 30 units will not raise my cGPA or sGPA enough.
You should take the MCAT when you are 100% ready, but NOT during your post bac.
Your MCAT will determine whether the target list will be DO only or MD + DO.
There are MD schools (and all DO) that reward reinvention. Alas, as it's a seller's market, there are plenty of MD schools that can afford to turn away reinventors as well.
It's no longer about raising the GPAs. Go reread my OP.

Hi @Goro ! I'm new to SDN and have been lurking this thread. Can I get your input on my situation? I *still* have a terribly low GPA, but made a big improvement through post-bacc. I'm planning to apply MD/DO this cycle.

Thanks a ton, would appreciate any input. I know my postbacc performance was solid but my cGPA/sGPA is still so low and MCAT isn't really that impressive.
Chances best right now with your state MD school, and any DO School. Except the ones on my bad boy list.

In the meantime, getting more service to others less fortunate than yourself, off campus

Chances best right now with your state MD school, and any DO School. Except the ones on my bad boy list.

In the meantime, getting more service to others less fortunate than yourself, off campus

Sorry. Don’t mean to hijack. Congrats on your success. But Goro. Best at an an MD school with a 3.0? I know they did the program but damn. And a 510 MCAT too?

Sorry. Don’t mean to hijack. Congrats on your success. But Goro. Best at an an MD school with a 3.0? I know they did the program but damn. And a 510 MCAT too?
This is why the CARS section of MCAT is important:
"Did 65 semester units of DIY post-bacc at 4 year university/state school for about 2 years with a 3.98 GPA in program (all science classes)."

Reactions: 2 users
This is why the CARS section of MCAT is important:
"Did 65 semester units of DIY post-bacc at 4 year university/state school for about 2 years with a 3.98 GPA in program (all science classes)."

Don't be salty. I read that part. But since OP's GPA is barely a 3.0 and a 510 MCAT, shouldn't OP consider an SMP? I feel like you've recommended SMPs to people in OP's cases before...

Don't be salty. I read that part. But since OP's GPA is barely a 3.0 and a 510 MCAT, shouldn't OP consider an SMP? I feel like you've recommended SMPs to people in OP's cases before...
not with a 510 MCAT and 65 post-bacc DIY credits indicating ability to handle the courseload with a 3.98

• Love
65 credits of aceing a post-bac erases the need for the SMP.

So, since I got a D in Biochem my first semester of my junior year of college, if I keep doing well, I can just take another two years (30 credits per year), ace it and apply!