Medical Got a lower MCAT score than practice tests - Should I retake and what schools would I be competitive at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am freaking out and I really need help, I just got my MCAT score 126/125/129/126. It was lower than all of my FL exams. I really don't know why my score dropped so much. I am doing a gap year and plan on apply spring of 2020. My GPA is around 3.70. I have good amount of extracurricular, and letters of rec. I am planning on applying to both MD and DO schools. Should I take the MCAT again? ( I did an intense study thing this whole summer and I was confident, but my score says otherwise) Is there a list of schools that people can recommend me to apply to?

Thank you!
Relax.
I suggest:
VCU
Wayne State (maybe)
Netter (maybe)
EVMS
U Toledo
Seton Hall
Rosy Franklin
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
WVU
U VM
Rush
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Gtown
Your state school(s).
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CalHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.