Got accepted into Pharmacy school....should I still get my Bachelors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Primus25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am happy to hear that I was just accepted into pharmacy school...yay! I only have one prerequisite to complete in the Spring 2016 semester and I will be good to go. I was initially planning on attaining my Bachelors degree at the end of this semester, but since I was accepted and the school does not require a Bachelors degree, should I continue with a full course-load this Spring. I would rather just complete my one course prerequisite and work double-time to start saving money for future loans. When I initially filled out my PharmCAS, I did state that I was planning on attaining my Bachelors degree. Does this matter if I was accepted and the school does not require a Bachelors?

Members don't see this ad.

So I am happy to hear that I was just accepted into pharmacy school...yay! I only have one prerequisite to complete in the Spring 2016 semester and I will be good to go. I was initially planning on attaining my Bachelors degree at the end of this semester, but since I was accepted and the school does not require a Bachelors degree, should I continue with a full course-load this Spring. I would rather just complete my one course prerequisite and work double-time to start saving money for future loans. When I initially filled out my PharmCAS, I did state that I was planning on attaining my Bachelors degree. Does this matter if I was accepted and the school does not require a Bachelors?
i would say no you dont have to. And you can submit an academic update on PharmCAS and change what you stated.

You don't have to get that bachelor. I was finishing my bachelors when I got accepted to pharmacy school as well. What I did was I took classes that I like or thought that they would be helpful for pharmacy classes, since I got full ride scholarship, the tuition wasnt a problem. You could also work at a pharmacy, just to get yourself familiar with drugs' names and what they are for. Anyway congrats on the admission.

You could not get your bachelors. But, you must update PharmCAS @HocSinhNgheo do you mind sharing the pharmacy school you attend? Thank you