Got Accepted - My Top Choice Yesssss

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I AM SO HAPPY. MY #1 choice accepted me. I am ecstatic. THANKS SO MUCH SDN. THANKS everyone. I didn't want to check anything or answer phone calls but I couldn't control myself. Thanks, Drhobie, jk5177, mochafreak, comet, spgover, aphix, cowsgomoo. Thanks to all of you. This acceptance means a lot to me. I'll withdraw my application from all schools to give others a chance. I've had many ups and downs in the past many months. I must thank all of you for all your support. Please, if I said or did anything wrong plz forgive me. Thanks a trillion, everyone. Without your support I would have no chance to get accepted to a WORLD CLASS UNIVERSITY. I can't believe this. I wish all of you the best of luck & happiness.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!! This is your new beginning! I wish you all the luck in the world and take a goooood resting before July approaches :) **winks**

dat_student said:
I AM SO HAPPY. MY #1 choice accepted me. I am ecstatic. THANKS SO MUCH SDN. THANKS everyone. I didn't want to check anything or answer phone calls but I couldn't control myself. Thanks, Drhobie, jk5177, mochafreak, comet, spgover, aphix, cowsgomoo. Thanks to all of you. This acceptance means a lot to me. I'll withdraw my application from all schools to give others a chance. I've had many ups and downs in the past many months. I must thank all of you for all your support. Please, if I said or did anything wrong plz forgive me. Thanks a trillion, everyone. Without your support I would have no chance to get accepted to a WORLD CLASS UNIVERSITY. I can't believe this. I wish all of you the best of luck & happiness.

I am sure many people want to know, which school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, good for you dat_student!
You just made a miracle being accepted to Harvard with 18 DAT and sub 3 GPA. You set an example to the rest of us :laugh:

Seriously though, CONGRATS BUDDY!

dat_student said:
Congratz man. I got accepted to my first choice too. Guess it is a special day for many of us.

Take care,
Rich

dat_student said:
Congrats dude!!!! Hope I have some good news on my end tomorrow for you.

I got in to my first choice, also!!!!

dat_student said:
I AM SO HAPPY. MY #1 choice accepted me. I am ecstatic. THANKS SO MUCH SDN. THANKS everyone. I didn't want to check anything or answer [BLA BLA BLA] of you the best of luck & happiness.

Harvard???? Where??? Also, what are your real stats, i have a hard time believing you got all those interviews etc. with those not bad but also not superior stats.

Congrats "John"!

congrats.. i too don't believe those were his real stats..

food4thots said:
congrats.. i too don't believe those were his real stats..

Raises the question doesn't it... What would drive a person to lie about their stats (in a negative way)... when we all know that it is not humility?!?!?!?

mcshow2 said:
Raises the question doesn't it... What would drive a person to lie about their stats (in a negative way)... when we all know that it is not humility?!?!?!?

This kiddo can never make friends, can he??

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations dat_student. I'm glad for you.

Comet208 said:
This kiddo can never make friends, can he??

Not gonna tell anyone where he got accepted because all his classmates at his new school will interrogate everyone and unmask this ever evasive dat-student and then hunt him down and tickle him, give him indian burns on his wrists and then take half of his lunch money.

mcshow2 said:
Not gonna tell anyone where he got accepted because all his classmates at his new school will interrogate everyone and unmask this ever evasive dat-student and then hunt him down and tickle him, give him indian burns on his wrists and then take half of his lunch money.

No, that's not how things work in dental school at all - it's the faculty that will do this to you and as soon as you can learn this the better.

Harvard? I thought his top choice is UCSF?

As far as the peeps who want DAT_Student's lunch money, I'm pretty sure his #1 was UCSF.

....Go get'm!!!!!!

dat_student said:

hahha. you didnt win an oscar.

This is the first step but, celebrate and give dorky speeches when you graduate dental school.

Sprgrover said:
No, that's not how things work in dental school at all - it's the faculty that will do this to you and as soon as you can learn this the better.
god, another dental school student complaining.

Dont they teech you guys tobe above that? :sleep:

MY NAME IS EARL said:
hahha. you didnt win an oscar.

This is the first step but, celebrate and give dorky speeches when you graduate dental school.

whats up your ***?

seems like these trolls are popping out every Dec. 1 like clockwork.

dat_student said:

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to everyone else too, everyone is so wired today...You're making me check my email every 10 seconds, even though I didn't get an invite yet, lol :p

Thank you for withdrawing your application from the other schools...now if everyone could please do the same if you already got in your top choice, maybe I will get an invite soon :D

congrats dat_student...I don't even care where you got in...I still just want to know your frickin' DAT scores... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Look at one of his old sign offs (unless he changed them all already). He changed them after receiving so much flack about his lack of humility . . .

Fat_Man said:
Look at one of his old sign offs (unless he changed them all already). He changed them after receiving so much flack about his lack of humility . . .

HAHA, i just tried, no luck.

What would you all guess his stats were???

hahaha.. well it depends on wat nationality he is too..

mcshow2 said:
HAHA, i just tried, no luck.

What would you all guess his stats were???

I would say He has Very High DAT scores. I can also, say that he has very High QR score too. He is smart dude but not Mature enough. he used to be active on DAT forum and back then he knew some real good stuff. I can;t say anything about GPA though.

food4thots said:

What does nationality has to do with anything?? Just curious.

congrats dat_student

dat_student said:

You sound like you're recieving an award. :laugh: Congrats dat_student. :thumbup:

Please keep in mind this is purely conjecture. I imagine his DAT score puts him in the 99th percentile for AA and TS and probably PAT also so figure 24 plus for each of these with one of the individual sections (Bio, Chem or such) at 30. GPA figure 3.8 plus or minus 0.1 (however I would not be surprised if his scores were a little lower). My best guess is that he is applying to or has expressed great interest in DDS/DMD/Ph.D programs. His posts indicate an interest in research and I remember seeing something about UCSF paying him to do research which would further indicate this. I don’t think they give research stipends to pure dental students. This might also help explain his great success in gaining interviews/acceptances. There is currently a shortage of dentists looking to work in academia and pursue research careers. A student who expresses interest in this especially if they have a track record of previously doing research might be highly sought after. I wonder how close I am.

Regardless, congratulations on your acceptance/s, wherever they are.

Dat_student must feel so special with all of this attention. Just incase y'all don't know, the best way to get info about a subject from someone that isn't willing to talk is to ask once or twice then totally ignore the subject. Even when the person tries to taunt you with it, act like you don't care. the person loses that 'edge' they think they have over you and most times they'd be begging you to listen to what they have to say on the subject. You just have to be VERY patient. it works all the time. So dat_student, no offense but, you may shove your scores all the way till they pop out of your mouth. :D

polarnut said:
whats up your ***?

seems like these trolls are popping out every Dec. 1 like clockwork.

What?

Polarnut should change his name to something more fitting. How about Susan, Fruitcake, Sissy, Ladybug.

Read this guys old posts. He thinks he is a troll detector.

Dont call me a name again fruitcake.

MY NAME IS EARL said:
What?

Polarnut should change his name to something more fitting. How about Susan, Fruitcake, Sissy, Ladybug.

LOLZ!!! I like ladybug... or maybe just trolldetector. :laugh:

food4thots said:

Your racist comment was uncalled for. :thumbdown:

mcshow2 said:
LOLZ!!! I like ladybug... or maybe just trolldetector. :laugh:

i like trolldetector. and i just detected one. CAN I BE THE TROLL POLICE!?!

MY NAME IS EARL said:
What?

why thank you for reading my posts. welcome to the forum. and thats mr.fruitcake to you! :)

sorry, you just signed up and your first post was to make fun of someone who was elated he got accepted to the dental school he wanted. thats usually a glaring sign of a full-fledged flaming troll. :smuggrin:

and please please stop private messeging me using profanity. that one got the last troll to mysteriously disappear from the forum :(

rambo2006 said:
Your racist comment was uncalled for. :thumbdown:

a little sensitive are we? saying that race is a factor in dental school admissions is hardly racist. It's fact.

TimR said:
a little sensitive are we? saying that race is a factor in dental school admissions is hardly racist. It's fact.

racism is always part of the equation, people just argue over the definition of the word.

Just to make sure...

i'm not being called a troll am I?

Also, GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THE RACE CARD. The dude just said it depends on nationality,

I couldn't think of a more PC way to say that. Your hypersensitivity is a joke, good luck being a dentist with that thin of skin.

dat student Spotting Guide:

1. Look for someone wearing female clothes. No, she's not a transvestite.

2. Look for someone whose mother tongue is not English.

Can't say any more.

Accepted: UPENN :D , Stonybrook, BU

U2Me2 said:
dat student Spotting Guide:

1. Look for someone wearing female clothes. No, she's not a transvestite.

2. Look for someone whose mother tongue is not English.

Can't say any more.

that explains a lot. Seriously.... think about it.

Although I have to say, I find it harder to dislike him/her/it knowing that it's a girl.

wow, someone called me a racist, just b/c i think that some minorities have advantages over others. dat_student told me he was mexican, i think this improved his chances.

but calling me a racist.. i really think that's uncalled for.

food4thots said:
but calling me a racist.. i really think that's uncalled for.

You stated the truth. I dont see where racism has a role in what you said.

As far as dat student is concerned, the dude is really a chick?

Rezdawg said:
You stated the truth. I dont see where racism has a role in what you said.

As far as dat student is concerned, the dude is really a chick?

the dude isn't just a chick. he's a latina.

congrads dat_student.. Hope SF treat you well! It IS a great school to attend!

Hey Dat_student, you and me we've had our ups and downs,...well...not really, I guess we've just had downs. But I want to congratulate you on getting into your number one. Great job. By the way if English is your second language I apologize for making fun of you, cause I know how tough it is to express yourself sincerely and accurately in a foreign tongue. Have fun in dental school! :thumbup: