Got accepted today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lamyers

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
South Alabama held their EDP interviews today. They held a quick committee this evening and the dean called us tonight aroung eight to tell me. Yay! (No busting on good ol' South now.)

Members don't see this ad.

congrats on getting into U.S.A.
that's got to be one of the greatest abbreviations for a school :D

Congratulations!! That must feel great. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Congrats!

I must be great to find out so soon. Good luck in medical school. :)

hey lamyers, i got an interview at USA on Wednesday. hope it goes well for me too. congrats on getting in. how many people where there for the EDP interviews, or is that a one on one kind of interview?

Wow! That's just too cool that they let you know so promptly! Good for them, and good for you! Congrats X 1000 = Woo-Hoo!!!

Thanks everyone, it is such a monkey off my back. What will I agonize over now?

rohitbest, good luck! It was very, very laid back and there were 12 EDP's. I don't know how many got in. Probably about all. I have several friends interviewing next Wed, too. Please don't judge South based on them! (kidding) If you want any info, just email me at [email protected]!

lamyers,

Congratulations! Think you can pull some strings to get me in now....

;) :)

lamyers,

Congratulations!!

Alicia

i'm interviewing at south alabama on wednesday too. didn't know there were some other southerners here...

yeah i'm a southerner, no accent though, i've only been living in bama for 7 years now. I go to Troy State U. so, if you see an indian there, its prob me. thanks for the info lamyers. The only part I find different from most schools is the actual driving to interviewers, but i'll have my own transportation, so I should be fine. I'm really excited about seeing what USA is like, i've never actually been to mobile, and i only live like 3.5 hours from it.

Sorry, rohitbest, but there lots of indians here. Some of my good buddies are indians. Very diverse place. The tour of the Women's & Children's Hospital is great, but wear comfy shoes. I'm not that crazy about Mobile, but South is small but cozy and the med school is warm and not snotty at all. My friend interviewed at Baylor and they were snotty to him (4.0/36Q..just amazes me!)
BTW, if anyone wants info my email is a bit different than I previously posted, it's [email protected], with the underlines!

yeah, whats up with driving to the interviews? i think thats kinda lame.
i've never been to south. you say they were warm? i hope i have the same experience. the smallness of the school appeals to me, and a laid back atmosphere would be good. were your interviewers nice or rough on you?

Sorry, I leave for the weekend. Yeah, South is very laid back. All three of my interviewers were great, it was more like having a chat. I did hear a few others complain about one or two of their interviewers, though. Luck of the draw. The director of admissions is hilarious, though. We were cracking up all day. Let me know how it goes ASAP!

how lucky! Congratsssss

Welcome to the group. Now enjoy the rest of the year. Maybe take a vacation hehe ;)

BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!
Best of luck!!
Now you can relax a little and try to enjoy the next year prior to med school!
L3 :D