Got mail today!

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by ItsGavinC, Oct 13, 2002.

1. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    Yep, today I received my admissions packet from the Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine!

Too bad I didn't request it, nor have I ever shown any interest in the profession.

Once again, this is a telling sign regarding the current state of podiatric education (and only the education -- this is not a bash on the profession).

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. efs

efs SDN Advisor
    SDN Advisor

Podiatrist
    Do you mean to say t hat you did not recieve any application materials from any other schools? (Be that DO, MD, or whatever else?)

I seem to recall having a fairly large amount of unsolicited mail shortly after taking the MCATs. Same thing happened after taking the GRE's as well. In fact, with the GRE's I was still getting mailings from a number of graduate programs over a year later.

Haven't had any recently. Might have somthing to do with the multiple address changes since then. :D

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    I took the MCAT two years ago, and never received any mail following that. This past May, I took the DAT, and I am now applying to dental schools.