Got my exam score! How I got a 260!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OverlordvI

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) ;) :D

JUST got my score back today, and I got a 260!!

I was so nervous for the past four weeks. I studied my butt off for this exam and spent a lot of money on review products. I walked away from the exam knowing that I did well, but there were enough questions that I wasn't sure about that I was worried about my score. My classmates have also gotten back their scores, and I've done a little bit of comparing to see what works for this exam and what doesn't.

I used Kaplan QBank, Apex Testing's Ultimate package, and BSS to prepare for this exam. I studied for three months, but studied hardcore, 14 hours a day for about a month. I did ok in medical school (US school), but felt pretty comfortable with the material by the end of my M2 year. Average grades, but passed all of my courses.

I went through all of QBank early on. I also went through BSS pretty quick (200 questions a day in the first month or so). I was looking for a good question resource and my friend recommended a question review program by Apex Testing, so I gave that a shot. I finished their questions over the next month and a half. All together, I went through about 10,000 questions.

Books I read:

I went through the high yield series twice. I also read Robbins cover to cover, and went through Kaplan's books. In the last month before my exam, I went through the Rapid Review Series by Apex Testing - they have books on pharm, path, micro, and immuno, and I hear they are workign on a first aid killer.

Most of my friends used similar resources. They all did pretty well, but the ones who did really well went through Apex's materials. They went through tons of questions and read every single explanation carefully. I did the same thing, and it really paid off. I had a hard time narrowing down which books I was going to use, but once I started doing First Aid with Apex's books, I found I was able to focus pretty well on the studying and get thigns into my head.

I think Apex is pretty new to the market, but they have good stuff out there. Anyone else try their material? I hear they had a review course in Chicago recently.

Members don't see this ad.

SoHotRightNow said:
How much is Apex paying you? :spam:
$10 per referral - just mention that Ben and Jerry referred you :)

LOL

No, it's just that we've seen them advertising like crazy in Chicago. They're all over the place here and I thought I'd mention it. I don't know if anyoen else has had any experience with them. Doesn't hurt to talk about good things if it helps everyone else out. Besides, I took my exam already, what do I care?

:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! it looks like all ur hard work paid off. Best of luck for the future!

typical. This guy just registered yesterday to post this spam.

even more useless than my posts

Great job....keep it up.. It is nice for you to share how you did so well. Lot of ppl might be jealous of your success but I would say keep it up..

I don't intend to detract from your accomplishments, but it strikes me that the score you reported is so high the materials you used (and herein suggest others use) probably played very little part in it. It always strikes me that advice supported by stratospheric performance must always be tempered with a suspicion that such performance was due largely to innate ability.

You'll no doubt insist that you were an average student and that in any event your MCAT score hardly exhibits brilliance, but some things simply speak for themselves.

Props on your fine score.

Judd

Yeah you're special, like a ******ed kid. That's why you went and made this self-congratulatory post instead of posting in the USMLE Step 1 Results thread like everyone else.

This does seem like a cheap advertisement for Apex testing. I wonder if one of their employees heard about this site and decided to post a "And I couldn't have done it without Apex"

Upon reading the OP again, I tend to agree with the others in this thread - the OP appears to be shilling for Apex. It's like one of those "asides" from the Truman Show.

kinda sad, really.

Judd

sounds like a typical infomercial with fake actors.

HEY EVERYONE! I USED TO BE A NERDY FAT KID. NOW ALL THE HOT WOMEN JUST WANT TO GET IN MY PANTS.
I WENT FROM PLAIDS TO BITCHES. WANNA KNOW HOW I GOT ALL THESE WOMEN? JUST SIGN UP FOR MY SEMINAR AND READ MY BOOK: Apex's Ultimate guide to getting Hoes.

what's even more ******ed is that this fool posted twice in this thread under different nicknames. His other nickname is "newyorkmd"

newyorkmd said:
Great job....keep it up.. It is nice for you to share how you did so well. Lot of ppl might be jealous of your success but I would say keep it up..

Check it out. he just registered this nick today just to post this ****. :laugh: He only has one post.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/member.php?userid=109153
nywj1.jpg

YouDontKnowJack said:
sounds like a typical infomercial with fake actors.

HEY EVERYONE! I USED TO BE A NERDY FAT KID. NOW ALL THE HOT WOMEN JUST WANT TO GET IN MY PANTS.
I WENT FROM PLAIDS TO BITCHES. WANNA KNOW HOW I GOT ALL THESE WOMEN? JUST SIGN UP FOR MY SEMINAR AND READ MY BOOK: Apex's Ultimate guide to getting Hoes.

hehe...

i hope apex reads all this

Apex should go f*ck itself. I'm willing to say they'll get less business because of this ******ed thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.