got my result

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diastema

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I got my result and I have 85 in part 1 . Can anyone please tell if i should apply to the schools or shall I retake? I have a gpa of 3.67. does anyone know if someone got into any school with the same stats. i dont have my toefl yet.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I got my result and I have 85 in part 1 . Can anyone please tell if i should apply to the schools or shall I retake? I have a gpa of 3.67. does anyone know if someone got into any school with the same stats. i dont have my toefl yet.

Thanks in advance.

no offense, but no one can tell u whetehr u can get in or not.. pl do a reaserch in the forum..and there will b no. of people like us posting similar qyeries..good luck..

hi..this year...the average score as gone down..so i guess..u vl get somewhere if you r not specific about the college and the state...
i am also in the same boat....

Members don't see this ad :)
can u plz lemme know ur details ...i mean ur score and gpa.as u said i am actually not specific abt any state....i am really confused whether to retake my exam or not....wat do u think???????:confused:

can u plz lemme know ur details ...i mean ur score and gpa.as u said i am actually not specific abt any state....i am really confused whether to retake my exam or not....wat do u think???????:confused:

how long did it take you to get results?thanx

Last edited:
my friend
I am unsure abt the result pattern of this year...but one of my frenz got no interviews last year with a similar stats as urs..
I would suggest you to inquire abt the average stats this year and plan on retaking the test...u still have plenty time of u wanna be in next year...
please excuse if I am candid or blunt but i mean to give the right advise...

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Can you tell us your score on each section?
thanks

thanx fantastic 82......i would prefer a frank advice .......i really dont know as per now as to wat would i do....but i m thinking over taking part1 again.....the friend of urs u r talking abt ,his same score was in new pattern or the old pattern plzconfirm...thanks once again

i got 86 in antomy,85 in micro patho,77 in da and 74 in biochem/phsio.....total no. of correct ans were 322 .....

Now I am scared. How come you get so many question correct and only get a 85? I saw people talking about get a around 90 get no more than 10 answers correct than yours. I took the exam several days ago and am afraid can not answer more questions right than yours. When I took the 98 exam, i can still make a 89-90. This is so unfair! Really wondering how they give scores.

u dont need to worry abt it .even i have not seen anybody except me getting 320 correct and still scoring so less.....i guess it was my bad luck....i have seen people getting less than me and still scoring a 90..........really dont know how they score...........:mad:.just hope for the best.........

u dont need to worry abt it .even i have not seen anybody except me getting 320 correct and still scoring so less.....i guess it was my bad luck....i have seen people getting less than me and still scoring a 90..........really dont know how they score...........:mad:.just hope for the best.........

Have you tried to call them to get an explanation? Maybe they made a mistake. You have nothing to loose.
In case 85 is your score, it isn't bad. I think you should try to improve other aspects of your resume... volunteering, working as DA, doing continued education, anything that shows that dentistry is your life. With that, apply to as many schools as you can but at the same time keep reviewing your decks and books in case you have to retake.....
Good luck.

hi diastema...
i hav 87on part 1...
but less correct answers than you..312..
god knows what the exact scoring pattern is..ive definitely heard that 320 and above is 90+..maybe they score according to the difficulty level of the questions...
apply to schools as well as be prepared to retake..but be very sure that you dont score lower than 85 in the 2nd attempt...
hopefully, you should get admission somewhere..since average scores are definitely less ..
all the best n take care..

The way they score in the new pattern is different from past years. Now they score the questions according to the difficulty. Which means that if you have 300 questions you got right, someone with 280 right might still get a bigger score if their questions were harder than yours.

hi diastema...
i hav 87on part 1...
but less correct answers than you..312..
god knows what the exact scoring pattern is..ive definitely heard that 320 and above is 90+..maybe they score according to the difficulty level of the questions...
apply to schools as well as be prepared to retake..but be very sure that you dont score lower than 85 in the 2nd attempt...
hopefully, you should get admission somewhere..since average scores are definitely less ..
all the best n take care..

my friend
I am unsure abt the result pattern of this year...but one of my frenz got no interviews last year with a similar stats as urs..

I know people invited for interview with 75 on part I so it depends on the school and on the other factors as TOEFL, GPA, experience, SOP

Last edited:

Last edited:
hi are u planning to write part 2 if ur then can i join u in discussion
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.