Got my score today, what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silver4260

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
apply next cycle!
  1. 3.76 cGPA 3.68 sGPA
  2. MCAT: 509 (128/124/130/127)
  3. NY-NYC
  4. Russian/White
  5. Public CUNY
  6. Shadowed a physician for 500 hours last summer, pulmonologist in ER and private practice
  7. Currently researching in memorial sloan kettering cancer center, publication in process.
  8. Internal medicine, pulmonology, critical care
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: none
  10. lifeguard for 3 years, optometrist assistant for 3 years, tutor kids in college/highschool in science courses,
  11. two rewards from my major department (chemistry) for academic achievement for low income students
  12. single parent household, first gen american, first of 4 siblings to attend and finish college. really hoping my 124 in CARS doesnt hold me back, on the verge of retaking because of it. going to spend my gap year doing research and possible EMT
Schools im applying to:
-downstate
-albany
-einstein
-NYMC
-hofstra
-Touro (DO)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  1. 3.76 cGPA 3.68 sGPA
  2. MCAT: 509 (128/124/130/127)
  3. NY-NYC
  4. Russian/White
  5. Public CUNY
  6. Shadowed a physician for 500 hours last summer, pulmonologist in ER and private practice
  7. Currently researching in memorial sloan kettering cancer center, publication in process.
  8. Internal medicine, pulmonology, critical care
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: none
  10. lifeguard for 3 years, optometrist assistant for 3 years, tutor kids in college/highschool in science courses,
  11. two rewards from my major department (chemistry) for academic achievement for low income students
  12. single parent household, first gen american, first of 4 siblings to attend and finish college. really hoping my 124 in CARS doesnt hold me back, on the verge of retaking because of it.
Schools im applying to:
-downstate
-albany
-einstein
-NYMC
-hofstra
-Touro (DO)

I'd say you had a shot IS but it's getting late! Get those secondaries down asap, or consider waiting union next time to apply early.

I'd say you had a shot IS but it's getting late! Get those secondaries down asap, or consider waiting union next time to apply early.
i should have specified! im applying for next cycle :) my dream school is downstate, i live in NYC and it would be amazing to stay local

Members don't see this ad :)
You should add more schools to your list to increase your chances for interviews. These are additional schools where you could receive interviews with your stats:
Stony Brook
SUNY Upstate
SUNY Buffalo
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane

Reactions: 1 user
i should have specified! im applying for next cycle :) my dream school is downstate, i live in NYC and it would be amazing to stay local

Got it; I think you'll get IIs for sure with your stats. If you feel you can/want to do better on the MCAT, go for it, but I do not think your 124 or 509 overall will preclude you from getting in somewhere.

Got it; I think you'll get IIs for sure with your stats. If you feel you can/want to do better on the MCAT, go for it, but I do not think your 124 or 509 overall will preclude you from getting in somewhere.

+1.

Unless you apply to T20, MCAT may be a reason, but almost certainly not the only reason.

Funnily enough, our MCATs are almost identical - except my low score was psych.

+1.

Unless you apply to T20, MCAT may be a reason, but almost certainly not the only reason.

Funnily enough, our MCATs are almost identical - except my low score was psych.
I was worried because I’m a few points below any SUNY median MCAT especially downstate and storybook. Those two schools would be ideal. Any place on this forum where applicants report their acceptances and scores?

I was worried because I’m a few points below any SUNY median MCAT especially downstate and storybook. Those two schools would be ideal. Any place on this forum where applicants report their acceptances and scores?

If you go to the "SUNY 2016-2017" threads, you could probably find a few people who were accepted posting their stats. There also is a site where people put their stats, where they applied, were accepted.. but the name escapes me! Maybe google or someone on here can provide it.