got my score today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gudluk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i sincerely want to thnk everyone on sdn from the bottom of my heart for all ur help...u guys rock..

i just got my score and my composite score is 91...:laugh:

thnx a lot everyone..

if i can be of any help plz do let me know...

take care
gudluk

Members don't see this ad.

Hey congrats! Yeah if you don't mind... could you inform all of us what you used to study, what study materials you thought were the best and anything you remember about the exam that caught you off gaurd (like tons of anatomy vs. another subject, or weird path diseases, etc.) just general advice for those of us studying. THanks!

Congratulations!!!

I am not gonna ask u about ur preparation or the material u used because I already wrote my exam last week!
what I would like to know is, how did u find the exam? did u come out confident that ur gonna get a good score? and how many questions were u sure/not so sure about.
lastly, when did u wrote ur exam and when did u get ur score? I mean how long did u wait?
I just can't wait till I get mine!

thanks in advance :)

Hey congrats! Yeah if you don't mind... could you inform all of us what you used to study, what study materials you thought were the best and anything you remember about the exam that caught you off gaurd (like tons of anatomy vs. another subject, or weird path diseases, etc.) just general advice for those of us studying. THanks!

i used the followin study material:

dental decks: 2006-2007
kaplan text books
question papers from 73-2006
remebered questions from sdn
wikipedia
textbooks like wheelers,brs,chaurasia(anat) but only for reference,,

i will say stick to decks,papers,and kaplan and u will be just fine,,,try remembering each and every word from decks..u will be able to answer most of them...

hope this helps
tc
gudluk

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!!

I am not gonna ask u about ur preparation or the material u used because I already wrote my exam last week!
what I would like to know is, how did u find the exam? did u come out confident that ur gonna get a good score? and how many questions were u sure/not so sure about.
lastly, when did u wrote ur exam and when did u get ur score? I mean how long did u wait?
I just can't wait till I get mine!

thanks in advance :)

hi

first of all congrats on getting done with ur exam..i have been following ur posts for quite sometime..i m sure u will get a gr8 score..
regarding the exam i took it on the 8th june..and got my score exactly in 2weeks ie today 22nd june..if u ask me honestly,i had mixed feelings about my exam,i found testlets in my first section very hard...my second section was gud..there were about 20 questions on 400 i have never heard of...so i just had to make smart guesses..(rule out policy) :laugh:

when i walked out i was confident that i will get atlaest 315-320 answers correct..i ended up getting 334/400 correct..

hope this helps..
tc
gudluk

hey congrats fr the grt score...

I have a question, doin xams as old as 1977, helpful?
did u take ny of the mock xams? (kaplan qbank or ceack nbde)

hey congrats fr the grt score...

I have a question, doin xams as old as 1977, helpful?
did u take ny of the mock xams? (kaplan qbank or ceack nbde)

hey

i will suggest do as many exams as possible....about crack and kaplan i didnt do anything like tht...

hope that helps

congrats! i am done with mine and waiting for the score :( (as xactreality and Huggies are)

so can you please tell me how much time you spent preparing for part 1? and whether you are a fresh graduate? so that i want estimate where i stand, although it is useless but i can not do anything else while i am waiting!

Last edited:
Congrats on ur great score.Please suggest me where to read the Biochemistry from?I feel it is very tough.
How many months you have prepared for the exam???How many revisions you did before exam??How many times you have gone through the old question papers???
Thanks in advance.

congrats! i am done with mine and waiting for the score :( (as xactreality and Huggies are)

so can you please tell me how much time you spent preparing for part 1? and whether you are a fresh graduate? so that i want estimate where i stand, although it is useless but i can not do anything else while i am waiting!

i spent 3mnths (12-13hrs/day).. i graduated in 2006..currently doing my MPH.
As i said i use to follow ur posts ..i m sure u guys will do very well.

Congrats on ur great score.Please suggest me where to read the Biochemistry from?I feel it is very tough.
How many months you have prepared for the exam???How many revisions you did before exam??How many times you have gone through the old question papers???
Thanks in advance.

thnx dentbaby..
for biochem i used decks(most important...u shud know them in and out),kaplan and wikipedia...make pnemonics for biochem..tht really helps..

i studied for 3mnths...did like 4revisions..went thru all the papers from 73-2006 thrice...

hope that helps..

Hey, congrats, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our posts. More importantly I'm just happy to hear that you got your results so quickly. I will blow a fuse if I have to wait longer. AHHHH, maybe by next week I will have my results. I can definitely wait that long. :soexcited:

Hey, congrats, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our posts. More importantly I'm just happy to hear that you got your results so quickly. I will blow a fuse if I have to wait longer. AHHHH, maybe by next week I will have my results. I can definitely wait that long. :soexcited:

all the best..

Hi
Thanks for ur prompt reply.I really appreciate it.If I get any further doubts I will contact you.
Thanks
thnx dentbaby..
for biochem i used decks(most important...u shud know them in and out),kaplan and wikipedia...make pnemonics for biochem..tht really helps..

i studied for 3mnths...did like 4revisions..went thru all the papers from 73-2006 thrice...

hope that helps..

Hey Gudluck,

Congrats for your great score....I graduated in 2006 too....but I was completely out of touch from my studies for these 3 years....but now I am back...So I gave myself 6 months....And I am studying from my text books thoroughly like chaurasia, wheelers, Orbans Histo, patho from Harsh Mohan, and all that and then I do dental decks and released papers....I dont have kaplan material though.....So wat do you think is it fine to read thoroughly from those books and then decks and papers?

pls advice me.

Thanks in advance

how long did u study for it?where do we get these questions paperrs?plzz guide how to study very scared

thanks
i used the followin study material:

dental decks: 2006-2007
kaplan text books
question papers from 73-2006
remebered questions from sdn
wikipedia
textbooks like wheelers,brs,chaurasia(anat) but only for reference,,

i will say stick to decks,papers,and kaplan and u will be just fine,,,try remembering each and every word from decks..u will be able to answer most of them...

hope this helps
tc
gudluk

Hey Gudluck,

Congrats for your great score....I graduated in 2006 too....but I was completely out of touch from my studies for these 3 years....but now I am back...So I gave myself 6 months....And I am studying from my text books thoroughly like chaurasia, wheelers, Orbans Histo, patho from Harsh Mohan, and all that and then I do dental decks and released papers....I dont have kaplan material though.....So wat do you think is it fine to read thoroughly from those books and then decks and papers?

pls advice me.

Thanks in advance

i think all these text books r gud for reference point of view...but as i said u shud know decks in and out..trying getting kaplan notes for individual subjects or kaplan review book...tht really helps ...everything is given very systematically..but plz make sure to check there r a lot of mistakes in kaplan..for which u can use wikipedia or text books u mentioned above as reference.

hope this helps
tc