Got my scores today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreyFox2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live in Detroit Metro.

Here's my scores

Verbal - 92
Biology - 92
Reading - 89
Math - 68 :(
Chemistry - 97

Writing - 5

Composite - 94

Overall, very happy with the results, except math of course.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in Chicago and I got my scores today....!!

Verbal 89
Biology 97
Reading 99
Quantitative 82
Chemistry 89

Composite 96

Writing 4

This is a HUGE relief for me. I'm surprised about my math score, because when time was almost up I had about 20 questions unanswered.... so I filled in "C" for all of them. I am more than pleased with 82 on Quantitative.... and ecstatic about my composite score..... all that waiting was awful -
I hope everyone's comes today or tomorrow at the latest...!:D

Good luck to everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey man..can i ask you what materials u used to study becasue i have taken then test two times and im not even gettin passed a composite of 25...if u can give me some advice i will appreciate it
thanx

So do most schools just look at your composite score? I got an 87 composite:D and I was so excited when I saw it, but when I looked at each section my stomach flipped b/c I did crappy in everything except reading comprehension (99).
I'm in Arkansas and the average PCAT was a 79 for this year's class, but none of my individual scores are above that except reading comp.
I guess this means I can remember stuff I just read, but I don't retain it for very long?:confused:
Any help would be appreciated, this was my first time and I'm confused!

hey guys,

if you don't mind me asking, what were your raw scores? i'm just curious, because i'm trying to see what i would average if i made a certain number....

thanks!

Verbal Ability 412 (71%)
Biology 406 (62%)
Reading Comp. 481 (99%)
Quantitative Ability 414 (75%)
Chemistry 403 (59%)
Composite 423 (87%)

I know these are really low compared to the other guys that posted their scores earlier today, but hope they help!

It would help if you posted teh percentage next to each raw score :D. Please, thanks!

Hey - Here are my raw scores with percentages:

Verbal 430 89%
Biology 451 97%
Reading 460 99%
Quantitative 420 82%
Chemistry 431 89%
Composite 438 96%

Writing Section 4

Verbal 430 89%
Biology 451 97%
Reading 460 99%
Quantitative 420 82%
Chemistry 431 89%
Composite 438 96%

You should treat yourself to a nice meal for those scores! good job

From Maryland.
Composite 80.
Strangely enough, I did worse in both verbal and reading (this is my 2nd time), and managed somehow to get a 96 on quantitative. So weird.

Not sure if I'm happy or sad about my 80.
I was secretly hoping to get an 82-85 since I would really love to go to UMB.

80 is fine. They also look at your GPA.
Honestly, UMB is quite difficult to get in, even you are instate.
I am from Maryland too~!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in Tennessee. No scores yet, but i might have to attach myself to the mailman's bumper and hitch a ride to the mailbox when I see him pass my apartment today. I'm so anxious. Congrats to all who have received their scores and did GREAT!

From Maryland.
Composite 80.
Strangely enough, I did worse in both verbal and reading (this is my 2nd time), and managed somehow to get a 96 on quantitative. So weird.

Well, I think yours is a lot better because they'll still look at an application with a composite of 80. I am also considering UMB but I got a composite of 76 with low scores in verbal and reading too. I guess I may have to let UMB off the hook since I got SU already. Just keep hoping, something may definitely work out for you. Be rest assured that they'll look at your application and you may have the chance to prove yourself at the interview.

hey man..can i ask you what materials u used to study becasue i have taken then test two times and im not even gettin passed a composite of 25...if u can give me some advice i will appreciate it
thanx

I studied with the online Kaplan course, but I wasn't able to finish (only got through half of it). They give you a certain number of weeks access and then cut you off. It's really expensive, but I think it helped. Honestly though, I think just going through the Kaplan book and practicing with their tests would be good enough.

I really felt like the Kaplan questions were much more difficult than the actual test though.

If I did it over again I would spend more time on practice tests and timing, especially the math section (for me at least). My advice to anyone would be to focus on taking practice tests - and then go back to the study guide and textbooks for areas that you feel weak on.

Verbal Ability 412 (71%)
Biology 406 (62%)
Reading Comp. 481 (99%)
Quantitative Ability 414 (75%)
Chemistry 403 (59%)
Composite 423 (87%)

I know these are really low compared to the other guys that posted their scores earlier today, but hope they help!

naw....your scores are fine!! thank you for replying! it really helps!

Verbal 430 89%
Biology 451 97%
Reading 460 99%
Quantitative 420 82%
Chemistry 431 89%
Composite 438 96%

Writing Section 4

Thanks for the reply.....just wanted to know because i'm anxious......something to do while i wait for the scores......trying to average based on previous times i took it.......

everyone who has posted has done so well, congrats everyone....i am getting so mad....:((((((, no scores for me yet

Just to let everyone know, I just got my PCAT scores today and im in jacksonville, fl
Haven't gotten a chance to go home and see them yet and man is it killing me

Sadly I am not one of the smart ones that got 90s and 80s. I got a composite of 68. :(((((((( in your opinion do I have any chance of getting in to Midwestern or UIC :(((( prob not UIC ....I dunno really sad :((((

Verbal 86
Biology 99
Reading 89
Quantitative 99
Chemistry 99

Composite 99

Writing 3

I've been jumping up and down in excitement since I got it! I just wish my writing score was at least a 4 - but I know I didn't do a very good job on that essay. I left the exam wishing I could turn back the clock and write it over again.

hey man can i ask what study materials u used to do so well. i have taken the test many times but haven't got passed composite of 20% if u can give me some advice i would appreciate it
thanx

hey man can i ask what study materials u used to do so well. i have taken the test many times but haven't got passed composite of 20% if u can give me some advice i would appreciate it
thanx
I used Kaplan and old class notes for the content. I also used Schaum's Outlines of Calculus (because I haven't taken calculus since 2001) and Organic Chemistry (because I'd just started Organic I when I took the PCAT). I used PCATProfessor.com, Barrons, and Arco/Peterson's for practice questions, and made sure I timed myself. A week before the test I also took the two practice tests on the Harcourt Assessment website.

I get the feeling I went overboard, like, I probably didn't need to take the practice tests, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Hope that helps.

WooHoo! Finally got my scores!

Verbal 449 97%
Biology 423 83%
Reading 438 94%
Quant 443 95%
Chemistry 445 97%

Writing 3

Composite 440 97%

my parents are outside of flint, michigan; that's where my scores were sent

My stats:

Verbal 92
Bio 83
Reading 48
Quant 75
Chem 63
Composite 78

Now here's the funny part. I studied for - no joke - 2 hours the night before the test. I bought all those Kaplens, Barron's and other study guides and only used them for 2 hours the night before because I didn't have any time.
Compounding this, I had only 6 weeks of organic and calculus under my belt.

The admissions people at my preferred pharm school said I could probably slip in with a 50% percentile because of my gpa (the avg PACT there is an 82%).

What a riot!

I've been a browser at sdn for the past week, and decided to join so I could post my scores. :) I'm relieved they finally came today!

Verbal 426 - 86%
Biology 443 - 95%
Reading Comp 423 - 83%
Quantitative 427 - 87%
Chemistry 426 - 86%

Composite 429 - 92%

Writing: 3 (I didn't finish the essay)

Anyone else out there applying to UF?

orlando, fl scores have arrived.

roommate text me to let me know they were there. i am stuck at work until 8, and i text her to open them.... that wsa 2 hours ago.. agggrrrr

If you receive your scores, please state what state you are from.
THe mailman here always comes late. The suspense is killing me:eek:

I got my scores today. I am in Arizona.

Well, I just wanted to see how you guys would think about my scores.

V 48
B 99
R 83
Q 98
C 98

Composite 98
Writing 3

As you can see.. I have the worst verbal score ever! You think I can get somewhere with this? Or would the admission committee think I don't know any words so I can't communicate?

Sigh...
Any tips on what study reference to use to study for this part?
Thanks.

I live in North Carolina and my scores came today! I'm very pleased :)

Verbal: 460 98%
Biology: 437 92%
Reading: 430 89%
Math: 443 95%
Chem: 431 89%
Composite: 440 97%

Writing: 3

I'm just glad i'm done taking it!

I got my scores today. I am in Arizona.

Well, I just wanted to see how you guys would think about my scores.

V 48
B 99
R 83
Q 98
C 98

Composite 98
Writing 3

As you can see.. I have the worst verbal score ever! You think I can get somewhere with this? Or would the admission committee think I don't know any words so I can't communicate?

Sigh...
Any tips on what study reference to use to study for this part?
Thanks.

I used the Kaplan GRE Verbal workbook. I know it's not specifically PCAT, but I don't think that makes a difference. It was a great resource with good tips, exercises and a mini-dictionary of the to 200 words to know. It also had lists of words with similar meaning, synonyms and antonyms, and more. I found it to be extremely useful. On a side note, I didn't have a lot of time to study for the test (about a month), especially studying vocabulary words, and I didn't want to pay $50 for tapes with vocabulary words, so I made my own tapes and listened to them while driving in the car, doing dishes, laundry, etc. Yes, I took the risk of everyone thinking I'm crazy, but I felt better about doing those tasks and not studying while listening to my tapes. If that's not multi-tasking, I don't know what is!

On second thought, you have a 98 composite score!!! You might want to call your school of choice and ask if that low score in verbal would hinder you in any way before taking it again.

Here are my scores:

Verbal - 435/92%
Biology- 431/89%
Reading-418/77%
Ouant- 420/82%
Chem - 400/54% :( P.S. - I have am getting a chem B.S. next May.
Composite-421/85%
Writing -4

what does everyone think.....is this good enough? Probably not b/c of the low chem.

Didn't get my scores in Maryland until today. (Friday)

Pretty excited, did really well.

Hopefully I should be able to get into UMD. :)

So are these competitive?

Verbal 71%
Biology 92%
Reading Comp 62%
Quantitative Ability 87%
Chemistry 98%
Composite 92%
Writing: 3

I just got my score!!! I live in Iowa. Just checked my mail box.

Verbal 398 48
Biology 437 92
Reading Com. 392 37
Quantitative 460 98
Chemistry 522 99
composite 442 98

Writting :)

You can tell I am not an American.
I was worrying whether i can get over 80. but I am very lucky to get this score. very satisfied. my husband said my writting was not going to be more than 2. and he was right. hopefully i won't have to retake the because I have a lowest low writting score.

i'm glad they turned out well after all the anticipation.

verbal - 98
bio - 99
reading - 99
quat - 99
chem - 93
writing-4 (don't know what this means)

good thing since I only applied to one school...