Got my scores today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreyFox2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live in Detroit Metro.

Here's my scores

Verbal - 92
Biology - 92
Reading - 89
Math - 68 :(
Chemistry - 97

Writing - 5

Composite - 94

Overall, very happy with the results, except math of course.

Members don't see this ad.

lol, thanks! nope, only applying to ferris, my current undergrad school

Ahh well I'm holding out hope that I'll get into Ferris. I have a 94 composite and a 3.85 GPA so I'm sure I'll stack up there. Their my third choice behind U of M and Wayne State (i live in livonia near detroit).

Last yr:
Verbal 18
Biol: 50
Reading: 43
Math:93
Chem: 87
Writing: 4
Composite: 66

This year:
Verbal: 22
Biol:83
reading: 37
Math:95
Chem:95
Writing :3
Composite: 80
GPA: 3.8

:( :( honestly, should i even apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
ill be the first to post that my score was * < 50 with a gpa of 3.0

anyone brave enough to to post scores under < 50? im feeling kind of bitter now bc everyone on here is panicking about applying with an 80+.

Last yr:
Verbal 18
Biol: 50
Reading: 43
Math:93
Chem: 87
Writing: 4
Composite: 66

This year:
Verbal: 22
Biol:83
reading: 37
Math:95
Chem:95
Writing :3
Composite: 80
GPA: 3.8

:( :( honestly, should i even apply?

80 is competitive. Don't get so down! I got into pharmacy school, and it was before I even got my Oct PCAT (which was an 80!)
Plus, as said many times before, the people posting in this thread does NOT represent all the people applying. To make myself stop feeling bad about my score, I even unsubscribed from this thread; the 90+ percentile people were depressing me (sorry guys!)

Good luck!

UtterDevotion, congratulations! If you get into Maryland, will you be declining Shenandoah?

Congrats all u guys!!! btw, has anyone from minnesota received the scores yet..if so, please let me know :)

UtterDevotion, congratulations! If you get into Maryland, will you be declining Shenandoah?

Congrats to you too!
If I get into UMB, I will be indeed declinine Shenandoah. Shenandoah's nice, but in-state tuition is soo much nicer!
But who knows, UMB is very competitive. And they scare me :(
I haven't heard from VCU though, that stresses me.

i also got my scores today, i live in southern california heres mine
verbal 406 62%
biology 409 66%
reading 396 43%
quant abil 398 50%
chemistry 398 50%
composite 401 53%
writing 3

I didnt study at all, i've had neither calculus or organic chemistry. I wanted to take the pcat to see what i would get without studying or those classes so i knew what i needed to work on. Apparently everything :laugh: I didn't realise how fast the time went by and I ended up just filling in random bubbles towards the end (especially reading). I was curious, for those of you who did well how did you prepare? Also, did you practice under timed conditions?

I just got my score in the mail today here in Houston. Here they are...

Section Scale Percentile
Verbal 412 71
Biology 431 89
Reading 418 77
Math 499 99
Chemistry 459 98
Composite 444 98
Writing 3

My verbal and reading scores were pretty low... I am not sure how my composite got so high with those ugly numbers on top. Should I retake the PCAT to boost up my verbal and reading?

Congrats to you too!
If I get into UMB, I will be indeed declinine Shenandoah. Shenandoah's nice, but in-state tuition is soo much nicer!
But who knows, UMB is very competitive. And they scare me :(
I haven't heard from VCU though, that stresses me.

Good luck with Maryland. As far as VCU goes, I got accepted there also, but I am a Virginia resident. Although your stats could be better than mine, it is harder to get into out-of-state public schools (you probably know this already).

Also, if you are a Maryland resident, you will be paying more in tuition to go to VCU than to go to Shenandoah. Check it out.

Although VCU is a good school and is cheaper than Shenandoah for me, I rather Shenandoah because it is not in a busy, scummy area of town like VCU is. Another plus to remember about Shenandoah is that the class size is around 75, whereas VCU is around 130.

Section Scale Percentile
Verbal 412 71
Biology 431 89
Reading 418 77
Math 499 99
Chemistry 459 98
Composite 444 98
Writing 3

My verbal and reading scores were pretty low... I am not sure how my composite got so high with those ugly numbers on top. Should I retake the PCAT to boost up my verbal and reading?

Are you insane?

80 is competitive. Don't get so down! I got into pharmacy school, and it was before I even got my Oct PCAT (which was an 80!)
Plus, as said many times before, the people posting in this thread does NOT represent all the people applying. To make myself stop feeling bad about my score, I even unsubscribed from this thread; the 90+ percentile people were depressing me (sorry guys!)

Good luck!

Thank you... But last yr, my application got rejected bc of low Verbal and reading. Even the counselor ( one of the ppl in admission committee told me if the score of each part is lower than 60%, the chance of getting in is low ) This yr it gets worse... :( I'm reallied worried hix hix... And yea, congrats :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Well--I got my scores in yesterday--and let's just say they were BAD!! :(

I did get a 83 on the Reading section--and a 4 on the writing--everything else was in the 40's--which made my composite like a 41%. I really thought I did better in the Biology secion--that's the only thing I'm upset about--because I have a BS in Biology--my low scores makes me feel like a dumb ass..lmao--but oh well. My overall GPA is a 3.3--so I'm not that stupid!

The crazy thing is--I'm really not that upset about it--It sucks doing so bad--because it really does make me feel stupid--but not getting into a pharmacy school is not the end of the world for me--I guess I've just grown up a lot and realized there are other jobs out there..

I'm posting this for all the others who are too afraid to post their low scores--you are not alone. AND, I am posting this to let everyone here know--that not everyone scores high--heh..I didn't study like I should of--and I guess my chances are gone (since most schools want over a 50%)--but that's okay--my back up plan was to get a Master's in Nursing (to be a Nurse Educator)--so nursing--here I come! :)

Congrats to everyone else that scored in the 80's and 90's and even 70's! :D

I got my scores in Phoenix finally yesterday.

Verbal 426 86%
Biology 423 83%
Reading Comprehension 423 83%
Quantitative Ability 403 59%
Chemistry 431 89%
Composite 421 85%
Writing 3

I knew the math section wouldn't be so good, the kaplans just focused on derivatives and integrals and there wasn't even one on my test and I haven't had calculus in like almost 2 years. If it were the D's and I's I would have rocked that section. Anyways, even with the low quantitative, this is a competitive score isn't it? Grats to everyone who got their scores. That test was killer.

Well--I got my scores in yesterday--and let's just say they were BAD!! :(

I did get a 83 on the Reading section--and a 4 on the writing--everything else was in the 40's--which made my composite like a 41%. I really thought I did better in the Biology secion--that's the only thing I'm upset about--because I have a BS in Biology--my low scores makes me feel like a dumb ass..lmao--but oh well. My overall GPA is a 3.3--so I'm not that stupid!

The crazy thing is--I'm really not that upset about it--It sucks doing so bad--because it really does make me feel stupid--but not getting into a pharmacy school is not the end of the world for me--I guess I've just grown up a lot and realized there are other jobs out there..

I'm posting this for all the others who are too afraid to post their low scores--you are not alone. AND, I am posting this to let everyone here know--that not everyone scores high--heh..I didn't study like I should of--and I guess my chances are gone (since most schools want over a 50%)--but that's okay--my back up plan was to get a Master's in Nursing (to be a Nurse Educator)--so nursing--here I come! :)

Congrats to everyone else that scored in the 80's and 90's and even 70's! :D

But, if you did bad on the Oct test can't you register to take it in Jan. and still have a chance at getting in? (especially for schools that are not on rolling admissions?)

Section Scale Percentile
Verbal 412 71
Biology 431 89
Reading 418 77
Math 499 99
Chemistry 459 98
Composite 444 98
Writing 3

If i get ur score i'd be running around my house and screaming now. Ur verbal and reading WEREN'T BAD at all. They are DECENT enuf, if not prettie gud tho... I'm from Houston too. :) Just out of curiosity what college are u going to? and which pharm school are u applying?

My scores were just delivered in Arkansas.

What a relief!

Verbal 422 - 82%
Biology 427 - 86%
Reading 430 - 89%
Quant 438 - 93%
Chem 468 - 99%
Comp 437 - 96%

Writing 3

Time to get a celebratory lunch! :D

I live in Jacksonville, FL and my scores are

Verbal 66
Biology 83
Reading Comprehension 19:eek:
Quantitative 42
Chemistry 76
Composite 59
Writing 4/5

I was just wondering if I should call them to see if they made a mistake on my Reading score because it doesn't make any sense. My verbal and writing were good scores and my reading just doesn't fit into the picture.:mad:
Would it make sense to call them to see if they made a mistake?

HEY! I Finally got my scores! Got a 90 composite! w00t
Did worst in math which i thought I aced...? Ha, go figure.

In KY:

October 2006:
Verbal 395 43 :(
Biology 451 97
Reading 404 56
Quantitative 438 93
Chemistry 445 95
Composite 427 91 :)

Writing Score 4

January 2006:
Verbal 402 55
Biology 411 69
Reading 392 37
Quantitative 430 89
Chemistry 481 99
Composite 423 87

Writing Score 4

I can't tell you how nice it feels to be in the 90's. I applied with the January score to a lot of schools and think that honestly, anything above 80 will make you competitive.

I live in Jacksonville, FL and my scores are

Verbal 66
Biology 83
Reading Comprehension 19:eek:
Quantitative 42
Chemistry 76
Composite 59
Writing 4/5

I was just wondering if I should call them to see if they made a mistake on my Reading score because it doesn't make any sense. My verbal and writing were good scores and my reading just doesn't fit into the picture.:mad:
Would it make sense to call them to see if they made a mistake?

I would call them, that seems very odd. They can always recalculate your scores.

Verbal Ablilty 412 71%
Biology 427 86%
Read. Comp. 418 77%
Quantitative 406 64%:(
Chemistry 445 95%

Composite 422 86%

Writing 4/5

Hope this will work...

i recieved my score yesterday
scores from memory

Verbal - 95
Biology - 92
Reading - 83
Math - 76
Chemistry - 89

Writing - 4

Composite - 92

3.6 GPA

I was suprised at how poorly i did in quatitative(76) and how well i did in chem(89)
i was ready to give up and move on to plan B but now with a composite of 92 i'm going to keep trying. there was lots of organic on the test and i dropped first semester organic after i bombed the first exam. now i'll be back at it. i really think the prof. and i just didn't have compatable styles.
studied the night before for the PCAT was all.

does anyone know if any schools will allow courses to be completed by the end of the summmer session?
many require prereques to be completed by the end of the spring semester for the following fall enrollment.

luck to you all. this testing stuff is stressfull.

by the way i'm 42 years old so you young people should remember you have all the time in the world to reach your goals. want to be a pharmacist...don't give up.

last year:
verbal 79
biology 55
reading 90
quantitative 87
chemistry 61
composite 80
writing 3

this year:
verbal 86
biology 62
reading 77
quantitative 87
chemistry 91
composite 86
writing 3

Im getting my B.A in chemistry next year and then im gonna apply
my cumulative gpa is 3.2
and my science gpa is 2.8
do you think its good enough?

I live in Maryland. I have been looking at other people's PCAT scores and i just got mine today. These are mine scores. What are my chances? Do you think i should take it again?

Verbal - 393 40%
Biology - 404 60%
Reading - 392 37%
Quant. - 427 87%
Chem - 452 97%
composite 414 76%

Writing - 3

English is not my first language, so that why i got soo low on my verbal and reading. But What do u guys think? I dont know what happened in biol.

I live in Iowa and this is my first attempt at the test. I did ok and I am applying to my desired school and with luck i'll be accepted. Here is my break down.
Verbal: 395/ 43 YIKES :eek:
Biology: 412/ 71
Reading: 413/ 70
Quant: 430/ 89
Chemisty: 431/ 89
Composite: 416/ 79

Writing 3

GPA 3.8

Verbal is the biggest disappointment to me. I knew it would be the lowest even though English is my native language I just suck at it. It was disappointing because I thought I did alright on it.

If i get ur score i'd be running around my house and screaming now. Ur verbal and reading WEREN'T BAD at all. They are DECENT enuf, if not prettie gud tho... I'm from Houston too. :) Just out of curiosity what college are u going to? and which pharm school are u applying?

I guess so. Im still a bit disappointed in myself and if i could, I would probably retake the test to see if I could do any better in those 2 sections. Thanks for the words of encouragement though ^^

Im currently attending the University of Houston, working on a B.S. in Biology. Im planning on applying to every pharm school in texas, but my top 2 would have to be UH and UT.

I live in Iowa and this is my first attempt at the test. I did ok and I am applying to my desired school and with luck i'll be accepted. Here is my break down.
Verbal: 395/ 43 YIKES :eek:
Biology: 412/ 71
Reading: 413/ 70
Quant: 430/ 89
Chemisty: 431/ 89
Composite: 416/ 79

Writing 3

GPA 3.8

Verbal is the biggest disappointment to me. I knew it would be the lowest even though English is my native language I just suck at it. It was disappointing because I thought I did alright on it.

I live in Davenport and I didn't get me scores:mad: :mad: :mad:

I live in Davenport too. I think you need to talk with your mailman/lady or harcourt is just out to torture people. I think the second option is more likely.

Scores finally came. Think I'm the last one in MD to get them.

Verb 460/98
Bio 427/86
Reading Comp 460/99
Quant ability 453/97
Chem 440/93
Composite 448/99 :D
Writing 2 :confused:

GPA is prob around 3.0 overall. Pharmcas hasn't calculated it for me yet. I'm a returning student who just turned 30. GPA 2.8 from previous studies. 4.0 since coming back to school including all my bio and chem.

Except for the writing, definitely worth the wait. Of couirse if the essay was on why the essay section is crap, then I probably would have gotten a 5.

u guys with all the 90s r just making me sick:eek: ...how do u all do it? b/c even after studying i didnt get a good score

ill be the first to post that my score was * < 50 with a gpa of 3.0

anyone brave enough to to post scores under < 50? im feeling kind of bitter now bc everyone on here is panicking about applying with an 80+.

I am with you with a score <50. Don't feel to bad, you just have much more room to improve than those with 80+'s

here are my scores....

Verbal 422 82%
Biology 423 83%
Reading 423 83%
Quantitive 406 64%<---- PUKE, give me a calculator!! lol
Chemistry 419 80%
Composite 419 83%
Writing 3

I have a GPA of 3.33, mostly because I SUCK at English, lol.
Organic 1&2 A
Cell Biology A
Biodiversity A
Physics A
Comp 1&2 C.. I do try, just not my subject.

Do I stand a chance?? I was feeling ok about my score until I found this site now Im really stressing out...

i also got my scores today, i live in southern california heres mine
verbal 406 62%
biology 409 66%
reading 396 43%
quant abil 398 50%
chemistry 398 50%
composite 401 53%
writing 3

I didnt study at all, i've had neither calculus or organic chemistry. I wanted to take the pcat to see what i would get without studying or those classes so i knew what i needed to work on. Apparently everything :laugh: I didn't realise how fast the time went by and I ended up just filling in random bubbles towards the end (especially reading). I was curious, for those of you who did well how did you prepare? Also, did you practice under timed conditions?

Im in the same boat as you, I didnt study and I am currently in my first semester of gen chem. So not even a semester of chem was finished, let alone Ochem. I also just wanted to see how I would do cold turkey and also ran out of time on most sections. My scores, unfortunately, were...

Verbal Ability - 52%
Biology - 66%
Reading Comprehension - 56%
Quantitative Ability - 55%
Chemistry - 46%
Composite - 55%
Writing Score - 4

Overall it was an obvious failure considering my overall GPA is 3.85. I did feel after I left the exam that I would get at least a 60, but that didn't happen. Ill be taking it again next October and will prepare much, much more. Congrats to everyone who did well, I hope you all get into school.

Finally got my scores today...

Got a composite of 86

GPA: 3.99

Hope this will get me in pharm school.

:( my scores is so low
my hopes of getting into pharmacy school is down the toilet
i will be a bum for life.
you will see me flipping burgers for life.:(

Verbal 56
Biology 78
Reading 56
Quantitative 87
Chemistry 93
Composite 83
Writing 4

I'm going to go ahead and retake because I don't know where I went wrong with the reading and verbal. Does anyone have any current acceptance stats for Mercer? I'm carrying a 3.7 with 100 hours of pharmacy work and 5 years of military service, so I hope this PCAT score is competitive enough.

Has anyone living in the Kansas City area received their scores??? I still haven't received mine!:mad: This is really irritating.

Here they are:

Verbal 82
biology 71
reading 89
Quant 73
Chem 72
Composite 82

GPA 3.65

I'm happy with this, UT said that I could have probably had a 65 or 70 on the PCAT and they still would have accepted me. I've done my interview so I'll probably be admitted on Monday offically. Congrats to everyone the scores posted are really good!

my scores were really bad. I thought I did much better than that.:( :( :( This crashed my barely sputting dream. After seeing all these scores I feel really dumb. I am super bummed. Well I guess I'd better start preparing for the next test not that it will help.:( I seriously have no confidence after this test.

can we form a room for depressed pre-pharmacy students with really low pcat scores?:( :( :(

writing - 3
verbal - 76
bio - 95
reading - 85
math - 96
chem - 99
composite - 97
yesss!

verbal-422 82%
biology-412 71%
reading-430 89%
Quantitative-434 91%
Chemisty-392 40%
Composite-418 82%
writing- 4

I have taken only general bio, up to chem 2... and studied for maybe 30 minutes. (year out of school with engineering degree) damn good in my book for that effort

kc,ks got mine today

Verbal - 406 (62%) :(
Biology - 443 (95%)
Reading - 447 (97%)
Quant - 430 (89%) - I remember guessing on 10 questions!
Chemistry - 431 (89%)
Composite - 431 (93%)

Writing - 4

Low verbal which freaks me out a little bit. Should I wait until next year b/c I'm a non-traditional (over 30 years old) candidate? Get in on the first cycle? Or should I try to apply now? Any advice?

Verbal 82
Bio 78
Reading 99
Math 87
Chem 86

Composite 93

i was suprised my composite was high, but i'm not complaining :)
does the admissions committee look at the composite or the subtests individually?
my gpa is a 3.0 i'm still worried :scared: