Got my scores today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreyFox2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live in Detroit Metro.

Here's my scores

Verbal - 92
Biology - 92
Reading - 89
Math - 68 :(
Chemistry - 97

Writing - 5

Composite - 94

Overall, very happy with the results, except math of course.

Members don't see this ad.

Here they are:

Verbal 82
biology 71
reading 89
Quant 73
Chem 72
Composite 82

GPA 3.65

I'm happy with this, UT said that I could have probably had a 65 or 70 on the PCAT and they still would have accepted me. I've done my interview so I'll probably be admitted on Monday offically. Congrats to everyone the scores posted are really good!

which part of TN are u from 'cause I still haven't received my score, yet?

I guess so. Im still a bit disappointed in myself and if i could, I would probably retake the test to see if I could do any better in those 2 sections. Thanks for the words of encouragement though ^^

Im currently attending the University of Houston, working on a B.S. in Biology. Im planning on applying to every pharm school in texas, but my top 2 would have to be UH and UT.

Wow, i'm going to UH too, will be graduating with BCHS degree next fall. Wish u the best of luck with UT :) If u dun mind we can hang out sometimes and share some experience :)

Verbal - 406 (62%) :(
Biology - 443 (95%)
Reading - 447 (97%)
Quant - 430 (89%) - I remember guessing on 10 questions!
Chemistry - 431 (89%)
Composite - 431 (93%)

Writing - 4

Low verbal which freaks me out a little bit. Should I wait until next year b/c I'm a non-traditional (over 30 years old) candidate? Get in on the first cycle? Or should I try to apply now? Any advice?
domonas, i think you should apply this year...do you really want to wait another year to apply when you have a really high composite?...just make sure the schools you apply to don't have a minimum section score but if they don't, you'll be fine...

Members don't see this ad :)
i know i'll upset a lot of people but i just thought i'd let you know that i'm in hawaii and received my scores today...i really don't understand how the mail works in this country....for those of you still waiting...hang on...i know it's hard but hang on!

verbal 82
bio 71
reading 48 (what??)
quan 85
chem 86
composite 80

i really don't know what to make of my scores...reading was what i was least worried about...and it turns out to be my weakest area...in addition, i was most worried about quan and chem...as these are the sections i did most of my guessing (i ran out of time)...go figure...i'm totally bummed out though...all those nights of studying...and it comes to this. congrats to all of you who passed with flying colors...

Got mine in the mail today...did better than I thought, considering I studied about 1-2 hours a day for about a month, much less than I studied last time.

Verbal 415 (74%)
Biology 427 (86%)
Reading 404 (56%)
Quantitative 412 (73%)
Chemistry 412 (72%)
Composite 414 (76%)
Writing 3

This is my 2nd time taking it, and I was happy that I went up 15 percentile from the last time I took it! I expected to do better in reading and worse in math, since I didn't know the answers to half the questions and filled in random bubbles for them >.<

Applied to USC and UW, and I have my fingers crossed!

Verbal - 406 (62%) :(
Biology - 443 (95%)
Reading - 447 (97%)
Quant - 430 (89%) - I remember guessing on 10 questions!
Chemistry - 431 (89%)
Composite - 431 (93%)

Writing - 4

Low verbal which freaks me out a little bit. Should I wait until next year b/c I'm a non-traditional (over 30 years old) candidate? Get in on the first cycle? Or should I try to apply now? Any advice?

Most of the schools I've looked into care about your composite, and your bio/chem scores. Being non-traditional isn't a bad thing.

I got my scores today. I am in Arizona.

Well, I just wanted to see how you guys would think about my scores.

V 48
B 99
R 83
Q 98
C 98

Composite 98
Writing 3

As you can see.. I have the worst verbal score ever! You think I can get somewhere with this? Or would the admission committee think I don't know any words so I can't communicate?

Sigh...
Any tips on what study reference to use to study for this part?
Thanks.

Read as much as you can. Doesn't matter if it's literature or Maxim. Make an effort to look up any words you don't know.

Most of the schools I've looked into care about your composite, and your bio/chem scores. Being non-traditional isn't a bad thing.

Good to see another Marylander. Too bad I can't apply to MD b/c of the 5 year requirement on classes. I'm looking to apply to a bunch of schools to maximize my chances of getting in... is 20 too many?

domonas, i think you should apply this year...do you really want to wait another year to apply when you have a really high composite?...just make sure the schools you apply to don't have a minimum section score but if they don't, you'll be fine...

Well, my GPA was kind of low when i went to undergrad (~3gpa)... so that's what worries me. I don't know how good of a chance I have with a high composite with lower-than-average gpa.

lol.. how about this.. 72, the last time i took pcats i got as 72.. my verbal is 55 and my reading is 45.. and i got into a school( touro) and i interviewed at 4 others (waitlist at 2 and waiting from 2 others). so those with not so great scores.. dont give up hope

I just got my scores yesterday, and I was psyched! Nineties composite! Hooray!:laugh:

I did notice, however, that nobody who posted scores got a 5 on writing. I got a 4 and consider myself a relatively good writer. Did anyone get a 5?

Read as much as you can. Doesn't matter if it's literature or Maxim. Make an effort to look up any words you don't know.

That's kinda weird how they grade the verbal section. Last year i didn't study at all so yea, my 18% verbal is understandable. This year, i studied the GRE list, GRE verbal workbook and i read A LOT... when i took the test, verbal seems not that hard to me... and i reallie dunno why i still got 22%... Any suggestion on how to improve that? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
That's kinda weird how they grade the verbal section. Last year i didn't study at all so yea, my 18% verbal is understandable. This year, i studied the GRE list, GRE verbal workbook and i read A LOT... when i took the test, verbal seems not that hard to me... and i reallie dunno why i still got 22%... Any suggestion on how to improve that? :(

I got a 98% on verbal, and I only studied from the following books:

"PCAT 5 practice tests" - made by the Cliffs Notes people..it's a yellow/blue book

&

"PCAT Comprehensive Review" by Kaplan for 2006-2007.

I feel like the books were helpful, but I don't know how much I can contribute the books to helping me get a 98%. I used the books to mostly help me learn how to eliminate bad choices.

I'll be honest, the way I studied to get my scores, I just did a lot of practice tests and learned information that way. It worked out well for me.

I hope this helps? :)

The thing is that the vocabulary in the verbal section is nothing like the GRE words. Although there were some hard words, most of the words seemed slightly familiar in my opinion. From what I remember of the test, it was all about picking the best fitting answer even though there could have possibly been two answers that sounded good.

What seems weird is that I noticed that people who got percentiles similar to yours had gotten scores that were in the high 300s, which is not much lower than the score in the low 400s for someone whose percentile is in the 80s. You would think that a score slightly less than that wouldn't bring you down that much! I don't understand how it works, it seems almost unfair. But to get to the point, I didn't do fabulous on my verbal (but I didn't do bad either) so my opinion might not be valid, but I don't think that hitting up the GRE books again will help you. Maybe try to take a practice test from their website. Good luck and keep your chin up!

Actually be ready for the test. I don't feel like I managed my time very well on my exams and so much of the information was basic that I forgot it a long time ago. On the essay I got a 2 because I was exhausted by the end of the exam and couldn't come up with something.

I just got my scores yesterday, and I was psyched! Nineties composite! Hooray!:laugh:

I did notice, however, that nobody who posted scores got a 5 on writing. I got a 4 and consider myself a relatively good writer. Did anyone get a 5?

I got a 5 :)

:( my scores is so low
my hopes of getting into pharmacy school is down the toilet
i will be a bum for life.
you will see me flipping burgers for life.:(

Don't do that to yourself. Disappointment is part of life's learning process. NEVER Confess negativity for your self, it shall come to pass. Learn from this, you can still do it if you are determined. Get help if you need to and TRY AGAIN!

Good Luck.

The thing is that the vocabulary in the verbal section is nothing like the GRE words. Although there were some hard words, most of the words seemed slightly familiar in my opinion. From what I remember of the test, it was all about picking the best fitting answer even though there could have possibly been two answers that sounded good.

What seems weird is that I noticed that people who got percentiles similar to yours had gotten scores that were in the high 300s, which is not much lower than the score in the low 400s for someone whose percentile is in the 80s. You would think that a score slightly less than that wouldn't bring you down that much! I don't understand how it works, it seems almost unfair. But to get to the point, I didn't do fabulous on my verbal (but I didn't do bad either) so my opinion might not be valid, but I don't think that hitting up the GRE books again will help you. Maybe try to take a practice test from their website. Good luck and keep your chin up!

Thank you ... yea that seems odd ,my verbal is 381 and that's a 22%...
I read sm of the threads here that said GRE verbal workbook would help... but even that, i thought i knew most of the words on the test and dunno how i still got very low %

I got a 98% on verbal, and I only studied from the following books:

"PCAT 5 practice tests" - made by the Cliffs Notes people..it's a yellow/blue book

&

"PCAT Comprehensive Review" by Kaplan for 2006-2007.

I feel like the books were helpful, but I don't know how much I can contribute the books to helping me get a 98%. I used the books to mostly help me learn how to eliminate bad choices.

I'll be honest, the way I studied to get my scores, I just did a lot of practice tests and learned information that way. It worked out well for me.

I hope this helps? :)

Ironically... i did the review in those 2 books too... and still did bad..Maybe it was just me... will try harder next time. Congrats on awesome PCAT score ;) :thumbup:

lol, i spelled the word "business" wrong TWICE (i spelled it buisness, although i've spelled it correctly my whole life, my mind froze at that moment)
I thought i'd get like a 2, but i got a 4, which is quite surprising to say the least :D
i'm sure the graders just made sure i had 5 paragraphs, and didn't bother to critically read what i wrote. Or else i probably would have gotten a 2 :)

I am planning to retake the test. Could anyone pls give me suggestion if January or June a better option? Does that make any difference? I know it all depends on confidence and preparation but test difficulty-wise does it really make a difference ?

I am planning to retake the test. Could anyone pls give me suggestion if January or June a better option? Does that make any difference? I know it all depends on confidence and preparation but test difficulty-wise does it really make a difference ?

I don't know about difficulty level...but I would say the June one is better because after your Spring finals, you can still study hardcore for about a month. For January, you'll be distracted with Christmas and New Year's, so it's harder.
But yes, the major thing is just how much you can prepare/study!

Ok, here are my scores:

Verbal 422 82%
Biology 427 86%
Reading 413 70%
Math 391 38%
Chemistry 419 80%
Composite 414 76%

Writing 4

I don't know what happened on my math score, I'm going to have them recalculate it for me. I can't imagine I really did that bad, I thought I aced it! It's a bummer because my composite would of been a lot better had I not had such a low math score.

I don't know about difficulty level...but I would say the June one is better because after your Spring finals, you can still study hardcore for about a month. For January, you'll be distracted with Christmas and New Year's, so it's harder.
But yes, the major thing is just how much you can prepare/study!

Thank you utterdevotion for your advice....I have been reading the kaplan PCAT 2006-2007, and planning to practice the reading and verbal from GRE material. Because that is where my scores were really bad.Could you please suggest me any other prep material...or do you think it would be better if I go for kaplan online course? That's actually would be an obligation for me bec of my finances,it would be difficult for me to afford :( :(....I would really appreciate advice on this pls....

got mine today (outside of philly around delaware)
im pretty upset over them, my june scores were overall better.

for comparison - june scores:
verbal 433 91
biology 425 84
reading 462 99
math 385 28
chem 396 48
comp. 420 84
essay 3

october scores:
Verbal 422 82 down 9 percentile
Biology 419 78 down 6
Reading 447 97 down 2
Math 409 68 - up 40
Chem 381 23 (makes no sense) down 25
Comp. 416 79 down 5
essay 3 same

ugh. this sucks. i have no idea whether i should take them again. ive decided not to apply until next year, so i still have plenty of time, but i wonder if its worth it.

Hey

I'm in the Philadelphia area and just told my dad to read me my scores while I'm at school

so 87 composite and I couldn't be happier
but a 2 on the essay
does the essay matter that much?

I took the kaplan course that lead right upto the test

well im pretty pissed bc i got my scores today and they werent quite what i was expecting.
so what are my chances.
i have a 3.7 GPA and currently have a 4.0 this semester.
im involved in plenty of activities and have a job as a pharmacy tech at a hospital.
but i got a 57 composite on the pcat in october and thats the only time i have taken it.

do i have a chance at all, someone please let me hear the truth.

Finally got my scores today.....
June 2006
verbal 413/72
biology 414/73
reading 405/58
math 387/31
chem 420/81
composite 408/66

October 2006
verbal 409/66
biology 427/86
reading 408/62
math 398/50
chem 400/54
composite 408/66

I STAYED THE SAME.....:eek: :eek: The schools can take it or leave it, I'm not taking it again. I suck at timed tests and the stress kills me!!!!

Ouch!

Sorry. If you feel this way, please consider applying to schools without PCAT requirement. They are rare, but they do exist and also very competitive (and may not be in your state). For example, Purdue does not require PCAT but they do require Calc II and physics (just about the same requirements everywhere, but you can stop at calc I).

Please check schools out @ :

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/directoryalphastate.htm

Keep working hard!

im selling my kaplan 06-07 review and cliff's test prep if anybody wants it. both for $30. PM me if interested.

hey everybody.. got my pcat scores on saturday, i was busy with school and stuff all weekend, so im posting them now..

verbal ability 415 74
biology 437 92
reading comp 418 77
quant 427 87
chemistry 409 67 (im actually happy about this since im only a sophomore and i didnt have any of the organic that was on the test)

composite 421 85 :)

overall im happy.. i cant believe all you guys in the 90s.. congrats for that.

hopefully everyones scores have come by now..

Oct was my first PCAT. I knew I bombed the math but didn't realize how badly until I saw my scores. I didn't review calculus at all and I'm weak in math but now that I've seen the test I feel confident Ill be ready! I want to bring up my chemistry score too. I'm concerned because the second time you get scored differently?! Does this mean I have to do even better than the first time to get comparable scores?
Verbal 82
biology 86
reading comp 94
Quantitative ability 9
chemistry 54
composite 72
writing 3
Any thoughts?

My scores finally came"

Verbal 62
Reading 77
Math 89
Biology 95
Chemistry 97
Composite 93
Writing 2
My current GPA is 3.62. What do you my chances are getting into a pharmacy school. I am really worried that my writing and verbal scores are going to hurt my chances. Do you guys know how important is the writing section?

Dont worry about it... some schools are even refusing to consider the writing section.

Last yr:
Verbal 18
Biol: 50
Reading: 43
Math:93
Chem: 87
Writing: 4
Composite: 66

This year:
Verbal: 22
Biol:83
reading: 37
Math:95
Chem:95
Writing :3
Composite: 80
GPA: 3.8

:( :( honestly, should i even apply?

You definitely should. I remember a guy with composite score around 60 and he was accepted into some private school in the east. Although that was like 2 years ago and he was black - maybe affirmative action helped him in this situation.

Hey GreyFox,
I am preparing for the PCAT in Jan and I am in need of help. What study materials did you use to prepare for the test. Which ones did you find useful and which ones did you find useless? Thanks so much. Great Job on your SCORES!!:thumbup
:
I live in Detroit Metro.

Here's my scores

Verbal - 92
Biology - 92
Reading - 89
Math - 68 :(
Chemistry - 97

Writing - 5

Composite - 94

Overall, very happy with the results, except math of course.

Ok so im from near Vancouver, Canada...just got my scores today.

verbal 56 :)
bio 92
reading 89
math 99 (felt confident...468)
chem 89
writing 3

composite 95:D so excited...ubc here we come? :)

I'm in Baltimore, Maryland and still no score. Maybe I am really the only one who hasnt received the scores!!!

In Memphis, Tn. still No Score. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What should I do??? I need to know by Friday since it's deadline for Jan pcat.

What should I do:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: +pissed+

just got mine (vancouver)

verbal: 403 56%
biol: 443 95%
reading: 413 70%
math: 468 99%
chem: 522 99%
composite: 450 99%

writing: 2

suprised with my composite even with my low verbal and reading.....and i guess my writing is pretty bad......

76% composite and a 3 on the writing section

I’m not at all happy with the scores but I didn’t study at all for the test. I’m going to take the test again in January.

I finally got my scores today!!! I had to have them faxed to me since I think they forgot to mail them. I know I didnt come close to the 99% that everyone else on here has, but I thought I would post my scores to let other know that not everyone on here fits that profile. I took the test in June and again this past October. I improved a great deal in a couple of sections from that time.

June 2006
Verbal: 438 93
Biology 421 81
Reading 419 79
Quantitative 402 57
Chemistry 399 52
Composite 416 79
Writing 3

October 2006
Verbal: 418 78
Biology 419 78
Reading 418 77
Quantitative 427 87
Chemistry 416 76
Composite 420 84
Writing 3

I know my score isnt great, but I'm pretty damn well happy with it.