Got Something From UMDNJ and SIU Today

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rxfudd, Aug 13, 2001.

1. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    SIU basically sent me a letter saying that they have received my AMCAS application and that the committee would make a decision on me as soon as possible. Not sure how they have my AMCAS app yet, since I haven't been processed. I fear that they will make this "decision" based on the summary letters they received, which means my essays are irrelevant at this point (for SIU at least).

UMDNJ (RWJ) sent me a letter thanking me for applying, urging me to send in rec letters (which I had already done as per their previous email), and requesting $75. Looks like UMDNJ has no secondary application, just an application fee (although the envelope arrived at my house opened, so I will call tomorrow and find out if the US Postal Service decided to "borrow" their secondary app). Again, bad news for those of us who need every opportunity available to plead our case.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member

rxfudd, was your SIU letter just a generic photocopied form letter? that's the letter they send out to everyone--they don't have a secondary. chances are you'll never hear from them again. they're a weird school.

4. synite

synite Senior Member

rxfudd: did you get that letter from RWJ by regular mail, or by email? thanks dude

5. fishtolive

fishtolive Senior Member

i got the same thing from RWJ...they generally don't use the secondary app...they might as well though since they charge you a fee...good luck!

6. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    sandflea: Yes, a generic letter addressed to "applicant".

synite: An actual letter, not an email, and also a return envelope fo their beloved application fee.