Gotten mixed opinion on my personal statement.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amirr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I put a lot of effort into making this PS original, interesting, yet not too "out there".

My LOR writers have been impressed with it, but when I took it to the writing center at my school the girl (undergrad writing major) felt it was "too much".

To me, it's different than any other writing I've done. And while it describes me and my pull to medicine, it does it in a way that (i feel) naturally transitions from story to story.

Would anyone be willing to read and give me their feedback on it?

Members don't see this ad.

1. There is a PS reader thread.

2. I work at a writing center, and I can tell you right now that the girl probably knows as much about writing as you do. Given that, feedback from people at a writing center is great, but don't live and die by their assessments.

1. There is a PS reader thread.

2. I work at a writing center, and I can tell you right now that the girl probably knows as much about writing as you do. Given that, feedback from people at a writing center is great, but don't live and die by their assessments.

I see that thread now, thank you.

I put a lot of effort into making this PS original, interesting, yet not too "out there".

My LOR writers have been impressed with it, but when I took it to the writing center at my school the girl (undergrad writing major) felt it was "too much".

To me, it's different than any other writing I've done. And while it describes me and my pull to medicine, it does it in a way that (i feel) naturally transitions from story to story.

Would anyone be willing to read and give me their feedback on it?

Here's the problem. No one cares what an undergrad thinks.