Gourman Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoatBoy

Manboob Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can find recent Gourmans Med school rankings on the net?

Members don't see this ad.

who's gourman

and are they any other med school rankings other than the silly us news and world report? :rolleyes:

same question

Members don't see this ad :)
The Gourman Report is a list of schools (medical, law, undergrad, etc.) that are ranked by different methods (graduate salaries, % of graduates continuing their education, best "X" department, etc.) and compiled together into themed books that you can buy. Most guidance counselors have them. At least the guidance counselors I saw, anyway. Apparently, they list the reports online now.

And yes. This is an alternative ranking system to US News' system.

Unfortunately, the Gourman guy died several years ago, so there haven't been any real updates since, I think, 1995. His rankings were always controversial because they always seemed to have a subjective bias to them.

I think all libraries should have an old copy of the rankings.

You can find them online at: <a href="http://www.sanet.co.kr/html3/mdgourman.html" target="_blank">http://www.sanet.co.kr/html3/mdgourman.html</a>

There are a bunch of numerous threads about Gourman. Do a search and pull it up...

Hey, brandonite, just can't let SDN's grammar/usage go to hell in a handbasket. Either there are a bunch of threads, or there are numerous threads, but a bunch of numerous threads? ;) :p :D

Aw, c'mon SMW! That's going a little too far, don't ya think? :p

One little mistake after 200 and some posts! I think I deserve a little slack here! :p :D

Especially after I went and searched for that thread, pulled it up, and linked it! I could've taken the easy route, and told him to search for it, but no! Being the swell guy that I am, I looked it up! And now you have the nerve to call me on one spelling mistake! Geez... :p :p :p

:D (in case all the smiley's didn't properly indicate sarcasm... wouldn't want to start a new flame war over this...)

Originally posted by brandonite:
•And now you have the nerve to call me on one spelling mistake! •••

There you go again. It was a usage mistake, not a spelling mistake! :p

Hmmmmm.....maybe numerous bunch of threads would have worked.... I think we're up too late. ;) Well, at least for SDN. Now if we were out on the town, instead, it would still be early! :D

I'm trying (and failing) to study biochem, so that's my excuse. But I'm getting distracted very easily. Alas, memorizing the structure of all common sugars seems unable to hold my attention. Shocking, no?

I wasn't aware there was much of a nightlife in Anchorage. ;)

(hey, you were asking for it... ;) )

Hey, Anchorage is very cosmopolitan! Being the largest population center in Alaska and on the Pacific Rim and all (also very earthquake-prone for the latter reason). We have a symphony, opera, great restaurants, numerous brewhouses, a world class ski resort, and a motley assortment of bars and clubs.

But, isn't it, like, really, like cold? (valley girl accent...) And, like, dark all day long?

I suppose that Canadians shouldn't be allowed to say things like that. ;) The capital city of my province (Winnipeg) is a city of almost 700 000, and although it isn't really a tourist centre, it's still a great city. And almost nobody has ever heard of it...

If we aren't careful they're going to move us to the lounge! :D What do you think of the Gourman ratings, btw?

I had no idea Winnipeg was that big! :oops: Although I have heard of it. :D Is that where you live?

I'm from Brandon (hence the name), which is about two hours away. About 50 000 people. Little college town, basically. But Brandon isn't too exciting, so for a night on the town, we usually go to Winnipeg. Most people know about Winnipeg because we once had a pro hockey team. Go figure...

I think Jaimer will pass over the thread because of the title. We have to be sneaky... :D

I like the Gourman ratings because they rate my university higher than anywhere else. :D It makes me look better. ;)

Anchorage is quite a hockey town too. Everyone plays -- all the guys, lots of girls (not me!), men and women of all ages. I spent years going to watch my brother's and the local college team's games! Two hours each way for a night on the town!! You have to get a pretty early start! :D

Originally posted by brandonite:
•I think Jaimer will pass over the thread because of the title. We have to be sneaky... :D •••

Ahhh, the deception. Actually, the name drew me into this thread, because I had never heard of Gourman ranking.

i like em cause they got pritzker #6, but it's hard for anyone to respect rankings with no methodology given. at least usnews tells you the things they do, however dumb they may be