GPA: 3.32 cGPA, 3.25sGPA MCAT 503 (some MD/mostly DO)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1038028

i

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not competitive for MD schools with your MCAT of 503 and your GPAs. You could receive interviews at some DO schools and I suggest these:
TUNCOM
ATSU-SOMA
BCOM
UIWSOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
ARCOM
NYIT ARKANSAS
Pacific Northwestern
ACOM
MU-COM
Western
TUCOM-CA

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think that if I do manage to get a 510 MCAT retake, would that be enough to get into lower tier MD range? Or is my low GPA still going to hold me back regardless?
No, it wouldn't. An MCAT of 510 would not be sufficient to compensate for your low GPAs especially as an ORM. Focus on DO.

Reactions: 1 user
@Faha @Shotapp thank you much for your help. I'll definitely focus on DO apps this cycle.

I also wanted input from @Goro @gyngyn . Would it be worth it to throw in UC Davis or USC for the heck of it since I'm Cambodian? Or would it most likely be a donation to them at this point?
Definitely a donation. Most of their applicants are going to have 3.7+ GPA's and 512+ MCATs. plus, being Cambodian is considered Asian no matter what school you apply to, so you'll be applying as an ORM.